Pack horse is noisy

One of my pack horses is constantly neighing.  Animal lore shows him as Wondrously Happy.  Any idea of what could be wrong?  It is getting to the point that I am thinking of releasing him and getting a replacement.

Tagged:

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    He is so happy that he is singing to you
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Sell it as a rare talkative pack horse.  You could maybe rename him to Mr. Ed or something.

But seriously, have you done any of the new training on it?  Does it have skills it is using which may trigger it's neighing sound?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789

I have done no training with it.  I just use it as a pack animal when I go mining.  I've made sure his pack is empty and he is well fed.

• InLorInLor Posts: 391
    Cherish him!
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    I had a riding horse kinda like that. Whenever I dismounted it, no matter what I commanded it and how much I fed it, it would stand there and whinny incessantly, then wander away to the SE. I found I had to dismount it inside a building so I could easily recover it, down in the SE corner. I named it "Corners", but now it lives permanently retired to the stables and I ride a nice, quiet Ethy. 

I think that is just your pack horses personality. You should probably get a new one.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    TimSt said:

One of my pack horses is constantly neighing.  Animal lore shows him as Wondrously Happy.  Any idea of what could be wrong?  It is getting to the point that I am thinking of releasing him and getting a replacement.

Do you take other pack animals with you when you go mining?  If yes, maybe he is being too crowded by the other pack animals.  Does he do the constant neighing if he is the only animal following your miner?
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400

Ok tamer to the rescue...

First off some old commands need to be released... first try the "All Stay... if no stopping the chatter then try   All stop..   then     All follow me"

You might need to say all stop a few times  this takes off guard and stay commands.

See if one command at a time stops him neighing.

The last idea I have if he is bonded is take him to a area he can get killed and then have him rez'ed... this might reset him   the neighing is from feeding or if under attack..  The animal might be stuck on the attacked mode.