Making the Ethereal Soulbinders.

PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
The chance is 10%.  Someone gave me 2000 sand I have 935 sand left.

First blowing session I made 2 binders in 42 tries.

Second blowing session I made 2 binders in 57 tries.  I looked at sand loss. I lost 425 sand in this session.

I have 4 binders and this has taken the fun out of making these.  I'm done with this part. 

I only have a stockpile of 2200 sand on my home shard.
The difficulty needs changed or the amount of sand lost needs reduced.

I was seeing 7 to 9 sand lost each failure.

Thanks

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    ok I tested on Sonoma, making workable glass with blowpipe and mastercraftsman talisman.
    it also works for glassblowing. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    I'm missing something.  When do you need workable glass?  I did not make that.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have a glassblowing talisman with me.  I brought 750 sand from Europa, the amount of ethereal sand I got from Minoc made 49 soulbinders.

Workable glass using an alchemy mastercraft talisman?  Interesting, (@Pawain on Sonoma workable glass is the closest item you could make for testing, no soulbinders there yet) 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I have a glassblowing talisman with me.  I brought 750 sand from Europa, the amount of ethereal sand I got from Minoc made 49 soulbinders.

Workable glass using an alchemy mastercraft talisman?  Interesting, (@ Pawain on Sonoma workable glass is the closest item you could make for testing, no soulbinders there yet) 
    @Petra_Fyde

What are the % modifiers on your Glassblowing Talisman, Regular and Exceptional ?
    Glassblowing bonus, 25% No exceptional modifier.
    Pawain said:
    I'm missing something.  When do you need workable glass?  I did not make that.
    for making the aquariums
    Glassblowing bonus, 25% No exceptional modifier.

where do you get glassblowing talisman?

erm, I've had it for years, but as far as I remember it's just a Heartwood quest drop.
    I used a master craftsman talisman for alchemy last night.
    out of 1500 sand, I got 77 soulbinders made.
    I used 21 Runed Switch to recharge it.

I do have a 11% glassblowing talisman
    but I figured, the other talisman was better, because it had the loss prevention.
    edited September 2019
    @Kyronix ; I brought over a +22 glassblowing tallisman. 

Chance is now 32%  129 tries made 44 bottles.  I did not do an exact count on the sand but it was over 3000.

44 bottles is not enough for me to play 2 hours. 

I like to play with groups but 3 bottles used per pirate ship with only a 50 return on sand is not going to allow me to bring anyone on this event.  I will run out of sand the first day and nobody has been stashing sand. I have 2000 after 17 years. There is no sand for sale.

With no losses 2000 sand will only make 100 bottles.  That is near 33 pirate ships and I will be done. I can play 6 to 8 hours a day.  Digging sand is not fun.  Killing xxxx is fun.

Compare this to last year and fish steaks.  I made 3000 Khaldun tasty treats in 2 days. We made weapons and scrappers for the whole shard in 2 days. Then we were done with the crafting and killed stuff the rest of the time.

There is too much sand required to have a lot of people doing the event.  Nobody is going to dig sand while the rest have fun.

@Cinderella ; out of 1500 sand, I got 77 soulbinders made.

1500 /20 is 75.  How did you make more than 1500 sand would make.

*edited by Rorschach*

Pawain said:

@ Cinderella  out of 1500 sand, I got 77 soulbinders made.

1500 /20 is 75.  How did you make more than 1500 sand would make.

I used 1500 to craft 17 ethereal soulbinders, using a glassblowing talisman.
    when i was done with those, I added 1000 sand to that container.
    I used the master craftsman talisman for alchemy and crafted until i ran out.
    And then I added 500 (i think it was actually 538, but i rounded down)
    And 77 is what i ended up with... 

I agree about the sand, it takes lot of sand for all the new stuff. 
    lately I've been finding the sand in the merchant ships, in the crates with the food.
    In stacks of 50 or 550
    but yesterday i went out and dug up about 3100 in about 90 mins
    edited September 2019
    I marked runes to sandy places. Then spent 2 shovels digging.  At least you get a sand per dig.

But I can not do repetitive non killing for 90 minutes.  There is no way I would have done 3100 digs in 90 minutes, my pace was 200 digs in 15 minutes.  So, 1400 sand if I could last 90 min. That would be 70 bottles without loss. 22 bottles at 30%.  I could do 3 pirate ships...

I currently have just over 3k sand, I dug it in much less time than you are speculating.  I simply mined along the sandy pathways of Magincia in Fel.  How many bottles do you use for a pirate ship?  I have only used one for the crew and one for the pirate, and the crew one will add more from the second ship.
    the first 30 mins I dug on Magincia in Tram, and then 60 mins in Fel
    you get double in fel

that went lot faster than I did Tram last week for an hour and only got 1500.
    And that made me sleepy.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    edited September 2019
    I think the theory was, that somewhere out there are a lot of craftsmen with nothing to do, and they wanted to let them work a bit.

What the team doesn't realize, is at this point in UO's life, the fighters and crafters are now all the same players...well, maybe not on Siege, but everywhere else lol.  20 years ago, you had a load of pure crafters...now, not so much, most crafting is done by the actual fighters on a couple of alt chars across their accounts.

And to be honest, any success chance less than 75% on anything craftable for a GM or better craftsman is crazy!
    I admit I didn't realise till I was told that soulbinders could go past 'legendary', because nothing seemed to be happening. But if Pawain is using multiple soulbinders on one ship, he's misunderstanding how they work. You kill lots of stuff and the souls all go into one binder till it reaches Mythical

I fully intend to make enough soulbinders on Europa to not only have some for myself but also sell some on a vendor.  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Thanks for the results!  This is very helpful in balancing!
    edited September 2019
    I admit I didn't realise till I was told that soulbinders could go past 'legendary', because nothing seemed to be happening. But if Pawain is using multiple soulbinders on one ship, he's misunderstanding how they work. You kill lots of stuff and the souls all go into one binder till it reaches Mythical

I fully intend to make enough soulbinders on Europa to not only have some for myself but also sell some on a vendor.  
    Yes they go to mythical.  They follow the same values as crates.  I had 3 toons on a ship and killed one pirate and crew.  They all 3 filled their soulbinders.  There was no extra on their second soulbinder that I could see.

So, 3 toons need 3 binders per ship sunk.  I would have liked to take others on my ship.  But with the low number of soulbinders that I can make, I will not be able to take more than 2 per pirate ship.

I am fine with supplying cannon mats for others to use but I do not see supporting this sand requirement.

I have turned in over 12 Million in crates to the pirate, Have turned in >90 mythical crates to the Fellowship. I made Minoc have enough funds to last for years.  How many points did you turn in?

You did not know the binders filled up.  We clearly have been playing this part of the game differently.  I will need almost a hundred of these binders a day when I am in the mood to kill stuff.

I would like to take others with me while I am killing stuff.

I wont sell these soulbinders, I would give the spares to anyone who wants to participate. 
  • Y'all ease up on turning those things in.  This test run is to see how many yall gonna do...then they will set the cost on the rewards LOL

Y'all gonna have Kyronix thinking stuff needs to be 500k points...
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Pawain, if you say you need 100 soulbinders a day that would be 100 pirates a day. I doubt that many even spawn in a day.

If you are trying to outfit multiple chars to take down one pirate, of course you will need more soulbinders. But that does not mean soulbinders are too hard to get for a single player which is what the devs are likely looking at. 

Grace said:
    Pawain, if you say you need 100 soulbinders a day that would be 100 pirates a day. I doubt that many even spawn in a day.

If you are trying to outfit multiple chars to take down one pirate, of course you will need more soulbinders. But that does not mean soulbinders are too hard to get for a single player which is what the devs are likely looking at. 

How many Doubloons and other points have you turned in.  The game should not be built for playing only 2 hours a day.  Yes the Pirates spawn as you kill them.  I would be fine if 9 players were having fun in my ship.  Limits are not needed.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I have hunted on the seas since it started, so about six months for an average of about 2 hours a day.

Popped at least 30 tritons, stopped counting, and donated 180 mythicals to the Fellowship, have various cannons and other deco from the pirate and am sitting on almost a million points on the black market pirate.  

All with one char at a time out playing.  

Yes 9 players should be able to have fun on your ship and they should all bring their own soulbinders too. 

You found a great  spawn that insta spawns pirates?  Great!  I always have to sail around a bit.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Regarding sand mining...

I just did a test run, for reference, I don't particularly like crafting or resource gathering (understatement), so I feel I'm not as efficient as I could be if I did it regularly.   I don't use UOA or EC, just a simple "lastobject" macro in CC. 

In ten minutes in felucca, I gathered 792 sand. That's 4500+ an hour. 

I cant dig that fast.  Thats 2 1/2 shovels in 10 minutes.

I was just hoping this would be group content.  @grace , why do you think I have been complaining about the Beacons not working in Tokuno.  There is either a beacon or pirate 1 screen away when you are done with whatever you are killing now.  

@Kyronix ; The Orcs on ships or beacons do not add much to the soulbinder.  Is that the way it is designed. The beacons give 0 souls but they give crates. 
    We need a dungeon with armor drops!

Put me down as an A+ grade for this part of the event. THANKS I just think the sand is going to limit the amount of participants.  

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    You can’t get a soul from a beacon, it doesn’t have a soul.  With the testing that’s going on over the weekend we are hoping to balance the amount of soul points you get from various creatures.
    Thanks, I figured a Beacon had no soul.  Cargo drop makes up for that.  Orcs could give more soul points so it looks like you are gaining from them. 

Someone had a good idea about letting the graveyard and patch creatures give binder points.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2019
    Kyronix said:
    You can’t get a soul from a beacon, it doesn’t have a soul.  With the testing that’s going on over the weekend we are hoping to balance the amount of soul points you get from various creatures.
    Does that mean that, under the current new segment of Rising Tide it is not beneficial to hunt Plunder Beacons for Soulbinding results at all ?

Just to get the regular Mythical Crate for the Black Market Pirate and that's about it ?

Or do the 8 Orcs provide a Soul ?

But, if so, how can they be collected if the Orcs are not reachable until the Plunder Beacon sinks in the sea and, usually, when this happens, at least to me, most of the Orcs' corpses have vanished since it takes me too much time in between killing all of the Orcs and sinking the Beacon ?

@Kyronix , if we are supposed to get Souls from the 8 Plunder Beacons' Orcs, can you please make their corpses last for longer (i.e. start their vanishing timer only AFTER the Beacon has sinked...) so that it will be possible to collect their Souls upon the Beacon sinking ?

Also, considering the time it takes to look for a Beacon and sink it, please, make the souls of the Orcs from a Plunder Beacon be at least good enough to fill up entirely a Soulbinder all the way up to Mythical....

Thanks !!
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    The soulbinder gathers the soul automatically, you do not need to do anything with the corpses.
    Tanager said:
    The soulbinder gathers the soul automatically, you do not need to do anything with the corpses.

Yup you can tell who has not stepped foot on TC but wants things changed anyway.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited September 2019
    @popps maybe if you went on test center and test some yourself, you would stop asking all these questions jesus christ ! the dude spend more time here than in the damn game !
    Obviously you have no clue of how a soulbinder work because you havent stepped one foot on test yet.