Thanks for fixing the Beacons.

I did several this morning on Origin and they can be butted right up against the shore and no longer fire once the crews are dead.  So no more wondering if the beacon is one tile too close to the shore line and only finding out for sure if it puts holes in yer boat :)

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yes, THANK You SO Much @Kyronix , @Bleak ; !!

Now, if only we can get them to play ALONG WITH the Black Market and Pirate in Buc's Den with his Rewards for a longer time to gain back the gameplay we lost for this bad bug, it would be AWESOME !!!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    I understand how frustrating the bug was (not nearly as frustrating as it was trying to find out why so we could fix it)  - however it was not preventing all beacons from being done and stopping gameplay.  You still have plenty of time for all content from Rising Tide and we'll announce ahead of the publish that will remove that content so - plunder away mateys!
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Tyrath said:
     I did several this morning on Origin and they can be butted right up against the shore and no longer fire once the crews are dead.  So no more wondering if the beacon is one tile too close to the shore line and only finding out for sure if it puts holes in yer boat :)
    Any chance of buying 2-3 soulbinders on Origin, Tyrath? 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    popps said:
    Yes, THANK You SO Much @ Kyronix , @ Bleak  !!

Now, if only we can get them to play ALONG WITH the Black Market and Pirate in Buc's Den with his Rewards for a longer time to gain back the gameplay we lost for this bad bug, it would be AWESOME !!!
       I can't complain I have only been back in game about 5 weeks and gotten 20-30 spare Tritons, a full set of ship carvings, parrots, whips, 3-4 deco cannons and a couple ships worth of blunder cannons and restocked my reserve of Orc Ships on Siege, GL, Cats, LS and Origin.  Plus did the fellowship donations and stock piled a couple hundred coins on each.  With the broken beacons.  While frustrating that 25%-40% of the beacons were bugged, depending on the waters you were on it was still very doable. And I have seen some houses that have 20X or more of the reward stuff than I have collected.

Since the beacon crews are soul bound I suspect the beacons and cargos will last through this portion of the arc.  LOL I can't see them fixing them only to turn them off a few days later.

They also fixed frost cannon balls dropping on ship crews of more than one :)

And I have noticed and it may just be me but I get very few orc ship plan parts 4 and 5 and tons of 3s, again not game breaking just odd to get so many 3s and so few 4s and 5s with a pretty even spread on the rest.  LOL slows down rebuilding my 200-300 orc ship reserves per shard I play. I tend to forget I left a ship out and let them decay, so need a healthy back up armada :)

Overall I like the new cannon system it is much better for me anyway to be able to stick 100 charges, balls, and fuses in each magazine and whether a couple of friends onboard or just a multi client crew of 4 switching the rate of fire and firing while sitting or on the move is much faster. And not having to spend a day making balls and fuses for a weeks worth of sailing is nice.

Not impressed with the script I have seen some folks running that makes the rate of fire on the move way too easy.  There are a few of us very fast on the firing with 3-4 clients open and switching....... The multi boxers with a script auto loading and firing is A LOT faster.   One came in after I killed a beacon crew pulled into the East Center of the beacon and was firing the bow cannon 3 shots for every one of my shots. LOL something ain't natural with that rate of fire :)  Unless there is some 300% cannon SSI tali I am unaware of.

Anyway I am one of the few that has loved High Seas since it came out and spend more time on the water than any place else in game.  So these High Seas pubs have been right up my alley.  Of course I would rather still be a miner and lumberjack but until they revert the locations back to static and make it so someone other than resource scripters can participate, I am stuck being a pirate and mining and LJ'ing merch ships :)

Hippo said:
    Tyrath said:

Yep I have some spares in the ships hold at the SW corner of Zento Square I will log on and give you a couple.
    Hippo said:
    Tyrath said:
       In Luna on a green hiryu with them.
    TY Tyrath, didn't expect suach a quick response. Just logged back on - are you around?

LOL had to log for the Hogs back on now.
    Hippo said:
    TY Tyrath, didn't expect suach a quick response. Just logged back on - are you around?

Just yell for me in GC, I will be mining saltpeter the next couple hours :)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Tyrath said:

And I have noticed and it may just be me but I get very few orc ship plan parts 4 and 5 and tons of 3s, again not game breaking just odd to get so many 3s and so few 4s and 5s with a pretty even spread on the rest. 
    its the RNG for the deeds... my husband is always low on 1s & 8s, while getting an even amount of the rest. And I always need 3, 6 & 7s, while usually getting more 5 & 8s than anything else...  I tend to give my husband the 8s that I don't need... right now I have 3 deeds that i'm waiting on 3, 6 & 7s. but lately have been only getting flame cannonballs. Out of the last 20 pirates arrested, whether I'm in a group with my guild or by myself, I have gotten 19 out of 20 flame cannonballs. 

Tyrath said:
    Hippo said:

TY Ty for the soulbinders and the vessel!
    Tyrath said:

And I have noticed and it may just be me but I get very few orc ship plan parts 4 and 5 and tons of 3s, again not game breaking just odd to get so many 3s and so few 4s and 5s with a pretty even spread on the rest. 
    its the RNG for the deeds... my husband is always low on 1s & 8s, while getting an even amount of the rest. And I always need 3, 6 & 7s, while usually getting more 5 & 8s than anything else...  I tend to give my husband the 8s that I don't need... right now I have 3 deeds that i'm waiting on 3, 6 & 7s. but lately have been only getting flame cannonballs. Out of the last 20 pirates arrested, whether I'm in a group with my guild or by myself, I have gotten 19 out of 20 flame cannonballs. 

LOL I know its the RNG but it is kind of funny how it seems to get stuck on one number.  The special ammo has been really heavy as well of late seems to be running 65% ammo give or take.

Hippo said:
    Tyrath said:
    Hippo said:

TY Ty for the soulbinders and the vessel!
    No problem hope it made yer life a little easier :)