New SoS Decorative Chest Issue

I love the new chests.....

except...

their placement is off in relation to all other chests in game,  which means it's hard to use both models in conjunction with each other.

The one ones placement is more against the wall vs in front of the wall.

The issue isn't as pronounced in the other direction, but still there

Also, if you look back to the gold chest pictures, there is a line in the gold

There is also a glitch in the artwork for the gold/silver chest a pixel wide slice runs through it.

Comments

• To me the new chests place much better than the old ones, they always placed very strange. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Thanks for the report.  The line of pixels is very strange.  I can't imagine after staring at thousands of these chests for as long as I did I wouldn't have noticed it...there be gremlins afoot methinks!
  • To me the new chests place much better than the old ones, they always placed very strange. 

Yeah it's like they sit IN the wall instead of next to it.
  • Please change the old chests to sit like the new ones, and not vice-versa
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited September 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks for the report.  The line of pixels is very strange.  I can't imagine after staring at thousands of these chests for as long as I did I wouldn't have noticed it...there be gremlins afoot methinks!

It's on the new silver ones as well.  

Someone pm'd me to tell me the old chests used to sit where the new ones do.

I guess it's a matter of which aesthetics you enjoy more. 
    (could spend 20 minutes pointing out the minuet differences and pros and cons of each way)

It would just be nice if all chests could be lined up with each other. 
  • Please change the old chests to sit like the new ones, and not vice-versa

Yea please!
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2019

Yes, for the love of all things holy, change the old chests to sit like the new ones!

Having the chests sit on the tile is the way it's supposed to be!

The chest overlapping the tile, or sitting on the line between tiles, has driven me crazy since the EC came out.

-Arroth
  • Its as crazy in CC :/

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Do these new chests have large  gumps in CC?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for fixing the not-turnable gold chest. I would like to add my vote to make all the chests in the new tile placement.