EM EVENTS in Enhanced Client

what is the malfunction do the ems not play in enhanced client at all? do they not see the massive nuke that spreads accross your entire screen during the event and radiates continuously until it crashes your computer? I have been back in game for 6 months and been to almost every EM event and at EVERY SINGLE one i get crashed and locked up on the last boss because of the damn fire field from heck, seriously go into enhanced client start up one of those mobs and see for yourself just how bad it is.
Tagged:

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Sorry to say I agree. Please stop using that effect.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Yep agree, I am over the lockups but seeing that pretty much EVERY EM event is a reskinned crimson dragon that does this effect then good luck.

Corgul does it too. 

And whatever you do don't try and LOOT the body when it dies and turns to party loot.   That will kill you too, auto flips to list mode and you cannot drag anything out of the body.  Assuming you haven't frozen completely as soon as it opens and have the ability to drag anything. Right click wont work on list.

This has been reported ad nauseum and has never been fixed so doubt it will be now. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    CC 4 the win!
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Please do not downgrade EC. The fiery explosions can be turned off in EC settings. Unfortunately it will also turn off a few other particle effects, but that might be for the best if your machine is struggling. One of the advantages of CC is that it has much lower system requirements and does not need much in the way of video drivers. EC on the other hand, does.

Public loot going into list mode... that is indeed quite annoying. I could deal with it, except for the entire list constantly changing because people are removing items or moving them around inside the corpse. That has been an issue for forever, tho. Even restarting the client does not reset the corpse view, so I personally suspect it has something to do with EC and CC players viewing the contents simultaneously.
  • VladVlad Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Super No Gravity Settings for EC

Step 1

User Settings > Graphics > Particle Filter Setting = None

Step 2

click and drag

Shrink the screen size to the size of your fist side by side

Enjoy Cornerskipping Move

*Use this setting only during events.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Dasilva said:
    what is the malfunction do the ems not play in enhanced client at all? do they not see the massive nuke that spreads accross your entire screen during the event and radiates continuously until it crashes your computer? I have been back in game for 6 months and been to almost every EM event and at EVERY SINGLE one i get crashed and locked up on the last boss because of the damn fire field from heck, seriously go into enhanced client start up one of those mobs and see for yourself just how bad it is.
    I recall people complaining about this for something like 5 years. EMs promised not to use this effect. Mesanna promised to get EMs to stop using this effect. They kept doing it. Eventually they introduced a setting in EC that's supposed to fix it. I am pretty sure as far as the Devs are concerned, this problem has been fixed.
  • turned off all particles and settings as posted above ALL that did was turn off the color and make the huge mushroom cloud black and white. and yes my computer froze again as soon as that dumb mushroom cloud started, by the time i restarted and logged back in I was dead the boss was dead and the corpse had gone public and of course no decent loot and for the record I DID get the drop but thats not the point, the point is i want to ENJOY the event not get totally discouraged and frustrated event after event just because th EM's cant be bothered to switch ONE effect or figure out a way to TONE DOWN the huge continuous aoe spam for the entire boss fight. it is NOT necessary
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    That effect is massive, I agree, and I would not mind if it was gone or toned down. However, not everyone is so crippled by it, and I personally enjoy a lot of the special effects. EC is a massive resource hog, it demands more of my PC than most modern MMOs with much fancier fireworks. I am not an expert (I bribed a friend to build my current rig cuz I have stopped keeping up with the tech) but I do know it needs a solid video card and a fair amount of RAM to run smoothly. (Not counting the bugs... so many bugs...) When my PC was in the shop, I ended up clearing out my pack and attending events in CC cuz my old backup PC was simply not up to the task.