22 Year VETERAN Reward. PLEASE, make it claimable by 22 Years Active Age old Accounts....

2»

Comments

• Tim said:
    LilyGrace said:

Why would you want to hold things back from newer players? Wouldn't it make more sense to entice newer players to come along and stick around? I can't think of anything in the game I care less about than being able to use something younger accounts can't.
    Then do away with "Veteran" rewards completely and treat all players like new players or as I call it the easy button.
    Easy button? What’s difficult about getting an anniversary gift?

Everyone who sticks around becomes a veteran. If you stick around for a year you become a one year veteran. And with that comes a single prize. 

When the 22nd anniversary rolls around, if you’re someone who never stopped playing along the way, you’ve created an opportunity to receive 22 prizes. 

Younger players will never be able to catch up. Personally it doesn’t matter to me what any player is allowed to pick from the list. 

I’d be more interested in reaching a milestone that allowed a veteran to pick up a extra gift than I would be in making sure a younger player can’t get their hands on the same pixels I covet. 
  • I really like the kind of items we get from vet rewards but I cant see whats wrong  if everyone else has the same ones. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    LilyGrace said:
    Tim said:
    LilyGrace said:

Why would you want to hold things back from newer players? Wouldn't it make more sense to entice newer players to come along and stick around? I can't think of anything in the game I care less about than being able to use something younger accounts can't.
    Then do away with "Veteran" rewards completely and treat all players like new players or as I call it the easy button.
    Easy button? What’s difficult about getting an anniversary gift?

Everyone who sticks around becomes a veteran. If you stick around for a year you become a one year veteran. And with that comes a single prize. 

When the 22nd anniversary rolls around, if you’re someone who never stopped playing along the way, you’ve created an opportunity to receive 22 prizes. 

Younger players will never be able to catch up. Personally it doesn’t matter to me what any player is allowed to pick from the list. 

I’d be more interested in reaching a milestone that allowed a veteran to pick up a extra gift than I would be in making sure a younger player can’t get their hands on the same pixels I covet. 

That's my point, and I do not understand why it bothers so much anyone.....

ESPECIALLY, considering how Broadsword every Year kindly releases SEVERAL Veteran Rewards, for various active account ages across the board, AND, also, it could make the "TOP" active account ages Veteran rewards (say 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16) only claimable by the specific Year they are addressed to BUT, usable by any and all active age account Years or from some active age Year upwards... which ever they prefer.

Pretty much ALL active account ages BUT THE OLDEST ONES (with the exception of 20 Years...), up to 15 Years of active age, that is, have Veteran Rewards addressed to THEM.

That is, those players, with those active account age accounts, to my viewing, CAN IDENTIFY with that token of appreciation from Ultima Online which says a thank you to THEM, specifically, because their account is THAT precise active age.....

This is NOT SUCH for those players with active age accounts of 16, 17, 18, 19, 21 and 22 Years of active age.

To THESE players, holding THESE active age accounts, THEIR specific account, at least as I see it, is not "specifically addressed" with a Veteran Reward token of appreciation for their Loyalty, for such an extensive and whopping period of time, to Ultima Online.

I happen to think that ALSO their active age accounts should be addressed, and moreso, considering how their Loyalty to Ultima Online has been exceptional and IN EXCESS of 15 Years.....

Folks, 22 Years of active age account, is well SEVEN YEARS past 15..... how can then a Loyalty of 22 Years be "likewised" to one of 15 Years if I may ask ???

@Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , how fair it is to "likewise" an exceptional and incredible Loyalty to Ultima Online for 22 Years to one of only 15 years, SEVEN YEARS less ?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Do you have any accounts that are 22 years old - or even close?
    edited September 2019
    Marge said:
    Do you have any accounts that are 22 years old - or even close?
    I would imagine that there is a good number of Ultima Online players who have accounts of an active age of 22, 21, 19, 18, 17 and 16 Years of active age who would appreciate very much to see THEIR specific active age Year to be shown a sign of appreciation for their Loyalty to Ultima Online for so long....

That is the point, at least to my viewing, of Veteran Rewards.

To say a "thank you for your Loyalty" to Ultima Online to specific players and their account.

Frankly, I am unable to understand WHY, accounts of an active age of 16, 17, 18, 19, 21 and now 22 should not also receive their Thank --> YOU <-- just like all other active age Years accounts have received and MULTIPLE TIMES, sometimes (some Years have more then 1 Reward available to them...).
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Wow - umm not what I asked. Only needed a yes or no answer.

My account is 19 1/2 years old. I don't mind them stopping at 15 (technically 20 since dragon mount is a 20 year.) I'd gladly take an extra pick over another ethereal mount.
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    I keep remembering this pertinent info:
    Accounts receive 3 reward choices at the end of their first year, then 1 reward per year at ages 2 – 5. From year 6 accounts receive 2 rewards per year.

I also keep asking myself, why would you want an exclusive reward, if you also want newer players to be able to use it?  Could it be because of how much you could ask someone to pay for something they can't get for themselves?

IF there were to be any special 'reward' for accounts over the 15 year stop point, I might consider that an extra pick might be appropriate, 3 picks instead of 2 per year?  Although as a player who has been around consistently since 2k I don't really feel the need for it, I'm totally fine with the status quo.

edited September 2019
    Accounts receive 3 reward choices at the end of their first year, then 1 reward per year at ages 2 – 5. From year 6 accounts receive 2 rewards per year.

I also keep asking myself, why would you want an exclusive reward, if you also want newer players to be able to use it?  Could it be because of how much you could ask someone to pay for something they can't get for themselves?

IF there were to be any special 'reward' for accounts over the 15 year stop point, I might consider that an extra pick might be appropriate, 3 picks instead of 2 per year?  Although as a player who has been around consistently since 2k I don't really feel the need for it, I'm totally fine with the status quo.

The point is not economical, infact, it "that" was to be the point, I do not see any difference at all with .....

Say for example 22 Years active age Accounts 7 Years older then 15 Years, have 14 (7 x 2) Rewards more to sell (or give) to other players.

No, that is not the issue.

The issue is more of a "personal" appreciation for one's own account's Loyalty Age which, as I see it the 2 Rewards per Year do not express as well as a unique Veteran Reward, specifically intended for THAT Year's active age Account could.

Receiving a "specific" Veteran Reward for having been Loyal to Ultima Online for 22 whopping Years, or 21, or 19, or 18, or 17, or 16, feels NOT the same as getting 2 Rewards for any Year of active age past 6..... not by a long shot, IMHO.

A 7th Year active age account, at least to my viewing, does not and cannot show the same "weighted" Loyalty, for example, as a 22 Years of active age account.

YET, they BOTH bring in the same 2 "extra" Veteran Rewards....

But, I cannot possibly see 7 Years of Loyalty being likewised to 22 Years of Loyalty to Ultima Online....

Personally, I think that such an exceptional long lasting Loyalty to Ultima Online should have a more visible appreciation which only unique Veteran Rewards for those "Top" Years could hold....

Players complain that then they cannot use those higher Years Veteran Rewards until their Account was to reach that Veteran status ? No problem, make them claimable by those higher active age Years accounts but usable by all age accounts or, if necessary, by accounts of an active age older then a certain Year.

Furthermore, Event items bring in way, but WAY more gold that a Veteran Rewards ever can sell for... so, frankly, I do not see why the sale of Veteran Rewards would be an issue but that of Event items is not... especially looking at how quite a number of Event items get obtained with multiboxing, I seem to understand.... and through the use of free Endless Journey characters...

At least, with Veteran Rewards, they would come from paid for accounts for many, MANY Years like for example 22, 21, 19, 18, 17, 16 .....

If we want to bring up an argument, let's bring up that of Event items and what they sell for, not of Veteran Rewards....
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834

popps said:

The point is not economical, infact, it "that" was to be the point, I do not see any difference at all with .....

Say for example 22 Years active age Accounts 7 Years older then 15 Years, have 14 (7 x 2) Rewards more to sell (or give) to other players.

No, that is not the issue.

The issue is more of a "personal" appreciation for one's own account's Loyalty Age which, as I see it the 2 Rewards per Year do not express as well as a unique Veteran Reward, specifically intended for THAT Year's active age Account could.

Receiving a "specific" Veteran Reward for having been Loyal to Ultima Online for 22 whopping Years, or 21, or 19, or 18, or 17, or 16, feels NOT the same as getting 2 Rewards for any Year of active age past 6..... not by a long shot, IMHO.

A 7th Year active age account, at least to my viewing, does not and cannot show the same "weighted" Loyalty, for example, as a 22 Years of active age account.

YET, they BOTH bring in the same 2 "extra" Veteran Rewards....

But, I cannot possibly see 7 Years of Loyalty being likewised to 22 Years of Loyalty to Ultima Online....

Personally, I think that such an exceptional long lasting Loyalty to Ultima Online should have a more visible appreciation which only unique Veteran Rewards for those "Top" Years could hold....

Players complain that then they cannot use those higher Years Veteran Rewards until their Account was to reach that Veteran status ? No problem, make them claimable by those higher active age Years accounts but usable by all age accounts or, if necessary, by accounts of an active age older then a certain Year.

Furthermore, Event items bring in way, but WAY more gold that a Veteran Rewards ever can sell for... so, frankly, I do not see why the sale of Veteran Rewards would be an issue but that of Event items is not... especially looking at how quite a number of Event items get obtained with multiboxing, I seem to understand.... and through the use of free Endless Journey characters...

At least, with Veteran Rewards, they would come from paid for accounts for many, MANY Years like for example 22, 21, 19, 18, 17, 16 .....

If we want to bring up an argument, let's bring up that of Event items and what they sell for, not of Veteran Rewards....
    What a bunch of BullCrap
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3665/selling-any-of-the-new-veteran-rewards-and-also-20th-year-veteran-reward-serpentine-dragon-mount#latest

I can sell them on any Shard.

PM me if interested.
    edited September 2019
    Bilbo said:
    So what ?

As I said, it makes hardly any difference whether it is extra Rewards per Year or the actual Year's reward.

There is no difference in selling "extra" Years' Veteran Rewards or individual Rewards so, that cannot be a valid argument, to my viewing, as it pertain's more to players' choices to what to do with their items.

As I said, a 22 active Years Veteran account still has 7 x 2 more Veteran Rewards as compared to a 15 active Years Veteran account. That is, 14 Veteran Rewards that, if that is what that player wants, they can sell as compared to a 15 Years account.

Hence, is my point, the monetary argument cannot be a valid argument in support of stopping Veteran Rewards at 15 Years.

Instead, the valid argument as I see it in support of having individual Veteran Rewards also for the Years 16, 17, 18, 19, 21 and 22, is the "individual" appreciation of that particular account and active age reached as Loyalty, for that long time....

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    OP just wants a larger variety of higher end rewards to try and sell, it has nothing to do with helping UO. 
  • Sounds like a very greedy selfish post, oh wait its Popps, no surprise there.  You want another game ruining toy, Shard Shields not good enough for you, you want something else to give you a massive unfair advantage? How about a 1000% one hit kill anything weapon?  GREED. SELFISH
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Time to end this.
This discussion has been closed.