22 Year VETERAN Reward. PLEASE, make it claimable by 22 Years Active Age old Accounts....

@Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix

Dear Broadsword,

Veteran "Active Age" Accounts are an asset to Ultima Online and Broadsword, I would imagine, since they bring in a steady influx of monthly resources which can, reasonably, be "relied upon".....

I mean, if a player has kept an account for "that" long as active, chances are that they will keep maintaining it active..... so, it could be safe to say, I would imagine, that such "loyal" customers could be customers which, when it comes to resources for Ultima Online, could be relied upon....

That said, shouldn't these Loyal Customers be shown a sign of appreciation for their Loyalty for such an exceptional and long period of time ?

Veteran Rewards, to my opinion, look to be the perfect "tool" to show to these Loyal Customers that sign of appreciation....

YET, if Veteran Rewards keep being "stopped" at 15 Years of Account "Active Age" (being at 22 we are SEVEN Years past that.....), why would a Veteran player want to maintain their Account as active should they have, for whatever reasons, motifs to stop their subscription ?

Only because at 20 Years of "Active Age" they could claim a Serpentine Dragon Mount ?

What I am trying to say, is that if you have customers who have been loyal to Ultima Online for some 22 Years, well, perhaps it might be a good idea to show the appreciation for such an exceptional and LONG loyalty by issuing a Veteran Reward that only their Account, with 22 Years of a whopping Active Age, could claim ?

You can well make it so that any Active Age account can then use such a Reward, but please, make it so that, at least, only 22 Years of  "Active Age" accounts can claim it to show to all these players that their being Loyal to Ultima Online for a whopping 22 Years is very meaningfull and greatly appreciated.

This would defeat the argument that only such high active age accounts could enjoy this particular Reward and also, since you kindly always present Rewards for Younger Veteran Active age Years accounts, also account not having such an exceptional Active Age, can enjoy plentifully their Veteran Rewards.

Having "Top" Active Age accounts Veteran Rewards, to my viewing, is a way to show to these players who maintained their Accounts as Active for such an exceptionally long period of time, the appreciation for such an exceptional Loyalty. Besides, it could also motivate younger active age accounts players, to want to maintain their accounts as active for longer so as to be able to progress in their accounts' active age in order to be able to claim those "top" Years Veteran Rewards.

Or, if they are in a hurry to get them, they could get them more simply from players who have their Account Active Age to claim them...

So, PLEASE, make at least 1 Veteran Reward this 2019 that will be only claimable by 22 Years Active Age Veteran Accounts. Make it usable by any active age account, so that one way or the other any player might be able to use it but please, make at least 1 Veteran Reward only "claimable" by 22 Years Veteran Account "Active" Age.

Thank you SO much.

Comments

• To me the best reward is I had so much fun and entertainment my soon 21 years of playing and I feel so sad for all ppl that missed what I had .  But give popps a rocking chair with his name on so we can skip this topic every year this time! ;)
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    My first account might have only been opened in 1998 and I’ve added 6 more over the years so I’m not quite as old as the oldest accounts... but I personally hope they leave it at 15 permanently (other than the age titles).  There is no excuse for veterans having exclusive access to game content just to show off their veteran status.  Put on your 22 year vet title and go play!
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,340
    There were strong reasons that the veteran rewards stopped at 15 years. Can you not be happy with the fact that 22 year accounts have had more rewards 'picks' than any other?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Popps can't be happy with anything.
  • Also whats the difference in payed money for 1 22 year accounrt and 2 11 year? isnt it as much support?

• DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    One of my accounts would be 22 years and the other would be 20 but since I left for 6 years there only 16 and 14. I like the way they have it set up.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    edited September 2019
    The 15 or 22 year argument I could go either way.
    But I do agree some Vet rewards should have use limited to accounts old enough to claim them. At least the "vanity" items like etherals. 

The program was set up to reward long term players not a cash cow for resellers.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    All that BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH for I want more Vet rewards but as we all know the OP has zero clue what K.I.S.S. ever remotely stands for.
  • Yes let's put out new rewards that any person starting today will never be able to use. I can go for that.
  • We need more rewards for years 1-5 if anything. No one starting today will likely be playing in 20 years.

Although exclusive titles for each two years should keep going. 
    That fancy veteran licence plate would look good on my car and the fact I never served shouldn't stop me from having one. 

Split the veteran rewards into two groups. 
    • Useful: corrupt portals, sewing machines so on anyone can use
    • Vanity: ethereal mounts, robes etc that you have to be old enough to claim to use.
    This would not effect game play and still be a reward for those of us who have stuck around. If you are new or just returned welcome back but don't expect to push the easy button.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    There were strong reasons that the veteran rewards stopped at 15 years. Can you not be happy with the fact that 22 year accounts have had more rewards 'picks' than any other?
    I do not see those reasons to be as "strong" as others may see them.

The argument used, at least to my understanding, was that players starting UO now, would see it as an overwhelming achievement to reach an active account age of over 15 Years in order to claim those Veteran Rewards....

So what ?

Each Year, multiple Veteran Rewards are released for various account ages.

There is PLENTY of Veteran Rewards for pretty much any and all active account ages from 1 Year onwards.

That Broadsword was to release also "Top" active age accounts Veteran Rewards over 15 Years, how would that "hurt" younger active age accounts when each and every Year Broadsword releases multiple Veteran Rewards for Years below 15 ?

Furthermore, if Veteran Rewards released for active accounts ages over 15 Years where to be claimable only by those "Top" Years, but, at the same one time, be usable also by younger active age accounts, the argument of them being "exclusive" to those "Top" active age accounts would hold no ground.

Any younger active age account players could get them one way or the other from older age accounts players as it has always been over all of these Years, and these younger age accounts players could well also enjoy them, likewise.

Yet, by making these "Top" Years Veteran Rewards claimable only by those 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and now 22 active age accounts, this, at least to my point of view, could be a clear sign that being loyal to Ultima Online is greatly appreciated well past 15 Years of active account age....

Frankly, those "strong" arguments I do not see them as strong at all.

I do not see why, for example, a "Top" active age account that has been paying for 22 Years, should be then "likewised" to an account that was SEVEN Years younger of active age, only 15 Years.

Sorry but no, those "strong" arguments do not look that strong to me at all.

An Account that has been loyal to Ultima Online because kept as active for 22 Years, cannot be likened to one that was only 15 Years of active age, well SEVEN Years younger.

At least, that is the way I see it.
    edited September 2019
    Also whats the difference in payed money for 1 22 year accounrt and 2 11 year? isnt it as much support?

There is a whole world of difference, to my viewing....

Businesses, in order to plan their Resources availability, need to be able to count on Customers' Loyalty.

An account that has been kept as active for 22 Years, at least as I see it, has a higher chance of being kept active as compared to 2 accounts of 11 Years or even 22 accounts of 1 Year.....

That is why, as I see it, for a Company is much more important to prize "Top" Years accounts rather than younger age accounts, because those "older" age accounts are more likely to still be there tomorrow, as compared to those younger age accounts....

That is, the probability for that Business to consider those revenues from those "Top" oldest years accounts as almost guaranteed, is significantly higher as compared to younger age accounts.

And this is why, as I see it, it would be MORE beneficial to the Business to prize such oldest, "Top" Years account loyalty, because it would send a clear message out to customers that the more they stay with that business, the more their loyalty is appreciated.

In the case of Ultima Online, BEYOND an account active age of 15 Years....

At least, that is how I see it.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    Weren't you spewing word vomit the other day about things need to be tailored toward new players? How does a reward a new player would never receive help them (*cough* Shard Shields *cough*)?

I await your 4000-word dissertation on why this is different, and the two aren't mutually exclusive. 
    Yes let's put out new rewards that any person starting today will never be able to use. I can go for that.
    I said something different.

There is TWO issues with a Veteran Reward, their "claimability" and their "usability".....

A Veteran Reward (and we have plenty which are like this, already) can VERY WELL be only "claimable" by a set active account age BUT be designed, at the same one time, to be "usable" by any active account age or accounts of "at least" a given active age, whichever might be wanted....

So, that a given Veteran Reward could be designed to be "claimed" by only 22 Years of active age account, WOULD NOT NECESSARILY MEAN that such a Reward could only be used by an account that was 22 Years of active age old....

"If" that Veteran Reward was ALSO Designed to be "usable" by Younger active age accounts, well, THEN, any and all account could use that Veteran Reward...... 
    Karyn said:
    Weren't you spewing word vomit the other day about things need to be tailored toward new players? How does a reward a new player would never receive help them (*cough* Shard Shields *cough*)?

I await your 4000-word dissertation on why this is different, and the two aren't mutually exclusive. 
    Please, read the Post right below yours or above this for my answer......
    We need more rewards for years 1-5 if anything. No one starting today will likely be playing in 20 years.

Although exclusive titles for each two years should keep going. 
    Every Year that goes by, Boadsword kindly releases MULTIPLE Veteran Rewards for various Years of active account age.

If one looks at the Veteran Rewards page, https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/veteran-rewards/#1

My impression is that the "Younger" active account age Years are, BY FAR, presenting WAAAAY more Rewards as compared to the older, "Top" Year active account age accounts....

Year 1 (12-23 months)       I counted 14 different items, some with multiple options too.
    Year 2 (24-35 months)       I counted 10 different items, some with multiple options too.
    Year 3 (36-47 months)       I counted   5 different items, some with multiple options too.
    Year 4 (48-59 months)       I counted 10 different items, some with multiple options too.
    Year 5 (60-71 months)       I counted 12 different items, some with multiple options too.
    Year 6 (72-83 months)       I counted   2 different items, one with multiple options too.
    Year 7 (84-95 months)       I counted 11 different items, including the 8 house add-ons.
    Year 8 (96-107 months)     I counted   3 different items.
    Year 9 (108-119 months)   I counted   3 different items, one with multiple options too.
    Year 10 (120-132 months) I counted 11 different items included the 3 types of Oval Rugs.
    Year 11 (133-143 months) I counted   5 different items, one with multiple options too.
    Year 12 (144-155 months) I counted   5 different items, one with multiple options too.
    Year 13 (156-167 months) I counted   2 different items.
    Year 14 (168-179 months) I counted   1 item with multiple options.
    Year 15 (180-191 months) I counted   4 items.
    Year 16 - NOTHING
    Year 17 - NOTHING
    Year 18 - NOTHING
    Year 19 - NOTHING
    Year 20 - I counted 1 item.
    Year 21 - NOTHING
    Year 22- We'll see.....

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    And as you go up in age you get to pick more of those things that limited choices did not allow you to pick.  My dilema now days is more Shard Shields or More Garden Sheds.  If anything I would be for them adding 1 more pick per year after 15 years.  That would probably be more appreciated than some new pixels.   Either way vet rewards neither make or break the UO experience.
  • Tyrath said:
    And as you go up in age you get to pick more of those things that limited choices did not allow you to pick.  My dilema now days is more Shard Shields or More Garden Sheds.  If anything I would be for them adding 1 more pick per year after 15 years.  That would probably be more appreciated than some new pixels.   Either way vet rewards neither make or break the UO experience.
    I'd be good with additional picks as you reach 10 and 15 years. As you said, it allows you to pick things you've had to pass on and it allows more of an opportunity for more vet rewards to be available to younger accounts.

Out of all the first or second year choices, how many are really worth it by today's standards?  Maybe 4 or 5 depending on your play-style? This is coming from someone with old accounts and a lot of unpicked rewards. At this point, vet rewards need to be catered to the younger accounts. Give vets titles and more picks I'd consider 3+ picks each year after 10 years and maybe continue the additional pick every 5 years.
    Tyrath said:
    They for sure do not make or break the UO experience BUT, still, they can be very much welcomed as a sign of appreciation that a Customer's Loyalty to Ultima Online throughout the Years, continuously, without interruptions, is appreciated and prized....

Why does it look important, at least to me, that EACH and EVERY Year was to receive their Veteran Reward ?

Because it becomes something addressed to THAT Year of active old age.... it looks as something directed at THAT precise Customer (or age of active account customers....).

If there will be a 22 Active Age account Veteran reward, it will be directed SPECIFICALLY, PRECISELY, UNMISTAKENGLY to those players who have such an active age account.....

It is like saying, at least to my opinion, we appreciate that --> YOU <-- have been a Loyal Customer to Ultima Online for 22 exceptionally long Years....

If, instead, it stops at 15 Years, I am sorry, but is not the same, and this by a long shot.....
    Tyrath said:
    I'd be good with additional picks as you reach 10 and 15 years. As you said, it allows you to pick things you've had to pass on and it allows more of an opportunity for more vet rewards to be available to younger accounts.

@ popps 

Out of all the first or second year choices, how many are really worth it by today's standards?  Maybe 4 or 5 depending on your play-style? This is coming from someone with old accounts and a lot of unpicked rewards. At this point, vet rewards need to be catered to the younger accounts. Give vets titles and more picks I'd consider 3+ picks each year after 10 years and maybe continue the additional pick every 5 years.
    To my viewing, it is wrong to look at Younger Years Veteran rewards with the eyes and interest of an extablished player....

They need to be interesting and usefull for a YOUNG player who just started, not to an old player who most likely has much less needs....

Sure, the statuettes have little utility to a Young player who is still struggling to catch up, it would be nice, for example, if there was a pick for Year 1 for a Legendary Powerscroll of the player's choice....

I am sure that new players would appreciate that use of a pick considering how hard for many of them is to get some 120s and thus progress in their Characters' advancement....
    Sure, the statuettes have little utility to a Young player who is still struggling to catch up, it would be nice, for example, if there was a pick for Year 1 for a Legendary Powerscroll of the player's choice....

I am sure that new players would appreciate that use of a pick considering how hard for many of them is to get some 120s and thus progress in their Characters' advancement....
    That may be the silliest idea yet.
    edited September 2019
    Marge said:

That may be the silliest idea yet.
    Would it be then smarter to tell a new player to go play some other game because that 30+ milions Powerscroll which they need is absolutely beyond their reach and will be beyond their reach for who knows still how long since they have not a chance against experienced, Veteran Raiders with high end gear and Template who fully monitor with either Ghost Cams or EJ free hidden Characters running monitoring Scripts the Champ Spawns 24/7?

And nothing happens to finally rid Ultima Online from this, I understand, against the TOS Monitoring Cams scripts ?

I see....

Now, "if at least" the Developers were to get rid of these Monitoring Cams running scripts through Ghosts or Hidden, free EJ characters, then it might perhaps be an entirely different story as new and weaker players might then have a chance to earn their scrolls if they were able to get to a Champ Spawn, undetected....

But will we see this ? Who knows..... players have been begging for YEARS (see the various Threads on the topic...) to see these Cams running scripts against the Terms of Service for Ultima Online GO AWAY from Ultima Online, but nothing has so far happened....
    Very few cost that much and usually just on Atl. On most other shards, many people will help out people returning or new (hell even old players making new characters) with free or really cheap scrolls. Yes - 120s. Many times if they don't have 120s they will give 110s and 115s away to them. Just like with pets, 120s are nice to have but not necessary to compete and be viable. With a group of people, even a gm only toon can join in harder content and get looting rights with heals and fireballs. (or a few well timed whacks with a weapon)

Wasting a veteran reward with something that can be easily gotten in game is still silly.
      They should just add a 1st year reward called the everything for free and easy pick.  yer 15th through 22 year reward is a great game that that still entertains you.  ALthough I would not be opposed to a 22 year deco cupcake as a reward pick that is account bound.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,834
    edited September 2019
    Tyrath said:
      They should just add a 1st year reward called the everything for free and easy pick.  yer 15th through 22 year reward is a great game that that still entertains you.  ALthough I would not be opposed to a 22 year deco cupcake as a reward pick that is account bound.

Cookie>Cupcake
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Tyrath said:

Cookie>Cupcake
      Yer right but I like cup cakes more now since no one seems capable of making a crunchy cookie now days :)  So lets go hog wild and demand TWO 22 year options Glacial Cookies or Neon Purple Cupcakes!
  • Tyrath said:
    Tyrath said:

Cookie>Cupcake
      Yer right but I like cup cakes more now since no one seems capable of making a crunchy cookie now days :)  So lets go hog wild and demand TWO 22 year options Glacial Cookies or Neon Purple Cupcakes!
    *nods*
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Why would you want to hold things back from newer players? Wouldn't it make more sense to entice newer players to come along and stick around? I can't think of anything in the game I care less about than being able to use something younger accounts can't.
    LilyGrace said:

Why would you want to hold things back from newer players? Wouldn't it make more sense to entice newer players to come along and stick around? I can't think of anything in the game I care less about than being able to use something younger accounts can't.
    Then do away with "Veteran" rewards completely and treat all players like new players or as I call it the easy button.
This discussion has been closed.