Treasures of Halloween

UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

I would like to bring up an issue with the elegant collar of fortune. The original mempo's are extremely hard to come by at the moment, even on Atl.

Maybe you could reintroduce those at some point or rename as a blackthorn/cleanup reward?

I would also like to see pictures of the jack o'helm. That sounds extremely cool if it can be imbued and actually worn as armor.

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Or they could just turn on the "treasures of Tokuno" event again. It was fun and I think the only source of Leurocian's Mempo. 

Just looked it up. Has it really been over 10 Years!!!   :o  
    (I'm getting old)
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I already brought this up on the TC forum a few days ago. Per Kyronix:

Kyronix said:
    This is something we are in active discussions about - stay tuned!
  • The price raises from 60 to 100 mil in vs in the last days.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Faeryl said:
    I already brought this up on the TC forum a few days ago. Per Kyronix:

Kyronix said:
    This is something we are in active discussions about - stay tuned!
    Ah. I have never ventured into that part of the forum. Thanks!
    The price raises from 60 to 100 mil in vs in the last days.
    Ive seen 1 for sale on vs the past couple weeks. It was 125mil. Granted I'm not an active shopper so I could have missed the sales.

Supply has dwindled greatly though.
    Tim said:
    Or they could just turn on the "treasures of Tokuno" event again. It was fun and I think the only source of Leurocian's Mempo. 

Just looked it up. Has it really been over 10 Years!!!   :o  
    (I'm getting old)
     It would be nice with some modern age stat rewards for sure. 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    If you make the mempo easier to acquire, you must also do the same with dried herbs, vile tentacles, lodestones, mace & shield glasses, crimson cincture,halo, etc. in order to make the other new items: belts and cowls. 
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    What is it with this, why can't they just add some totally 'new' items, why make it so we have to have the old ones.  So over this.  It is becoming a habit.  Basically if  you don't have the old you can't get the new. 

We used to get an arc that had it's own rewards, that were 'new' and everyone had the chance to obtain and didn't have to jump through hoops to get them.  

I am already bored with the though of the rigmarole needed to get this new stuff.    I don't wanna have to study umpteen web pages to get the 'gist' of it and spend days working it all out.  This game has become a CHORE.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MissE said:
    What is it with this, why can't they just add some totally 'new' items, why make it so we have to have the old ones.  So over this.  It is becoming a habit.  Basically if  you don't have the old you can't get the new. 

We used to get an arc that had it's own rewards, that were 'new' and everyone had the chance to obtain and didn't have to jump through hoops to get them.  

I am already bored with the though of the rigmarole needed to get this new stuff.    I don't wanna have to study umpteen web pages to get the 'gist' of it and spend days working it all out.  This game has become a CHORE.

QFT

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Hippo said:
    If you make the mempo easier to acquire, you must also do the same with dried herbs, vile tentacles, lodestones, mace & shield glasses, crimson cincture,halo, etc. in order to make the other new items: belts and cowls. 

The difference between the mempo and other things listed is the mempo is no longer attainable. The easy and practical solution is to simply turn TOT on and make TOT perm content. Or make the Mempo a 1 mil clean up points item.   But I am sure a much more complex and disliked solution will be implemented.  
  • I can swear the mempo isnt from ToT but wouldnt mind if it ended up there .. 

• I can swear the mempo isnt from ToT but wouldnt mind if it ended up there .. 

Leurocian's Mempo Of Fortune is a Leather Mempo that was obtained during just the third Treasures of Tokuno event.

This particular artifact is classified as a Minor Tokuno Artifact, in that it drops directly to your pack. There was a known issue of it not being able to be turned in for a Major Artifact at the beginning of the event [1] and this hasn't been checked later for it was considered a rare drop by the players and far too valuable to turn in for any Major Artifact.

It provides more Luck than any other single item.

Quoted from other sources thant shan't be named

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    As mentioned in the other thread, we are looking at weighs to reintroduce the mempo for  all your crafting needs.
  • Turn ToT back on?  I mean really, if it's gonna be the same odds as getting a crimmy to drop, save the energy of coding it lol.
    We are talking more about making it a permanent drop given how good the item is.

If we turned ToT back on (which isn't as simple as just flipping a switch) I think most players would be pretty shocked at what the drop rates for the minor artifacts are in the context of the current gameworld.  We have turned it up considerably for successive iterations of "Treasures of..." events and even still there are those who feel the drop rates are too low.  Fun fact!
  • I can dig that, just figured the base code was still there.   Perhaps, toss ToT to us with the original several years of rewards and drops and turnins,then next year move it to Ilsh, then next year to Malas...

I don't know.  Enjoyed ToT the most because it was something ya could just hop on and do, didnt need to mine caddelite, put out a fire and activate machinery,  nor jump thru any hoops, " got an hour? let's play!" kind of thing.

And we were killing the normal and customary mobs, so we had a choice of difficulty level every time we logged in.  
    That's a fair point - and I'm with you there.  Our goal with adding some of the more immersive elements to the Treasures of... events is that while there are those of us who like to jump in for short bursts, there are others who like to dig in deeper to the content.  For example, in this and laster year's Treasures of... events we tried to pull in crafters as a means to supply those who were just interested in fighting.  

The hope is we continue that this year as the glassblowers of the realm supply the warriors with ethereal soulbinders to cleanse the soulbound.  Thanks for the feedback!

• I like the idea of involving different skill sets and approaches to the game. Perhaps a way of continuing in this way and also satisfying those who would like to "jump right in" would be to make the crafting or non-immediate aspects of the content come in to play on the tail end of the experience, as opposed to as a ticket to get in on the content, e.g., the spoils from the content may require further interactions from specialized skill sets, crafters, etc. to be able to either continue further on the ladder of events of said content or be itself its final goal (or some mix of both). In this way, the action may be straightaway and open for those interested, but the path forward may be punctuated by the need for more specialized approaches.

Regarding Treasures of Tokuno, just turn the thing on again. We can figure out a fair drop rate relative to todays UO and the dev teams' goals later on. Meanwhile, we have an engaging land mass and a simple dynamic already in place to potentially draw more persons there just waiting to go live again... so many items I miss from those days.

An idea:

The mempo can go live again from an NPC in Tokuno, at a cost of whatever event currency is going to be active with current event. This can be a turn in reward similar to other turn in rewards planned for the current event, only being set apart in that it is solely available from a Tokuno NPC as opposed to any regular, current event NPC (I am sure your writers can make this interesting). Upon wrapping up this current event, the Tokuno NPC can then inform us that the influx of magic from recent matters has reawakened the treasures. In this way, the mempo is active for our current event, Tokuno is slyly reintroduced and, upon reaching the climax of the current event, Tokuno can rebirth (without getting in the way of the currently planned arc). So... is this a plan or what?

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    can we at least fix the Tokuno spawn so it works.....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    can we at least fix the Tokuno spawn so it works.....
    Are you talking about the Champ spawn?  This should have been resolved in a previous batch of fixes - what shard are you experiencing this? 
    @Kyronix Pac same issues not advancing properly not gaining valor randomly sea serpents and water ele's still randomly spawn
    thanks, will look into it!
  • Cats as well. We tried last weekend and it reverted at the end.
    I was able to advance it to Lesser Hyirus and Reverent lions then it reset