ETHEREAL Sand : what is meant with "by account" ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,904
edited August 2019 in Test Center
Per the Publish notes....

• Ethereal Sand can be collected from Corgul the Soulbinder upon his death

• Limited quantities of Ethereal Sand can be purchased from the Mining Cooperative in Minoc

• Quantities are limited by account

• The Mining Cooperative vendor will restock anytime Corgul is defeated
May I ask what is meant "by account" ?

By regular, monthly paying Subscription Account ?

By ANY account, including Endless Journey Accounts "IF" they had been upgraded to High Seas ?

Because, I would imagine, the availability of this Ethereal sand will vary enormously depending on what exactly "by account" means....

@Kyronix , @Bleak , @Mariah , is it possible to get a clarification to this ?

Thanks.

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited August 2019
    I am not a dev, but I went to TC1 and did some testing.

EJ cannot get anything from the NPC. It would be horribly abused if they could.

The limited amount (currently a 5k supply in com deeds of 500 for 56k gold pieces per com deed on TC1) is definitely per account. Per account means you do not get a fresh supply on another character on the same account. I do not have a paid account without HIgh Seas, so I could not test that. I wiped out my share on one account, and then brought another account and they had their OWN stack, so it is not like a normal vendor that can be cleaned out by everyone at the same time. Each account gets their very own ration, without any mad rush to beat others to the NPC.

According to the notes, this account-limited supply is refreshed when Corgul is killed. My supply was refreshed a few hours later, so this means that I personally do not have to kill Corgul. So there will be people who wait near the vendor for their supply while others go to the island and actually do the work.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    Tanager said:
    So there will be people who wait near the vendor for their supply while others go to the island and actually do the work.

I would look at this as - people able to get a group can do Corgul, get the reward drops and the ethereal sand, but solo players are not excluded from the event, they can buy the sand and use it to soulbind the lesser creatures in rising tides.
    I was not complaining or judging, just stating a fact. The overall availability of the material will be dependent on each shard's population that has people willing to farm Corgul for what I am sure is a tiny drop rate on 2 recipes for decorative gear. I personally love the new gear and will happily farm Corgul for it and be happy if others can benefit from the ethereal sand refreshing on vendors.

But human nature being what it is, there WILL be people who will look at the solo players as being freeloaders. A bit like the Titan invasion where the masses would all turn up to kill the mages for the book drops... and then leave the main work to others to finish the skirmish. Because if those people did not finish it for them, there would not be a next wave for people to get more books. It is just reality.

I am glad that groups and solo-ers and crafters can all participate, as I feel this is best for the overall health of UO. And I enjoy the altruistic warm fuzzies.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Another convoluted overthought out change that very few will participate in. In my personal opinion, which unfortunately has very little value.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    In this context "account" means veteran account.  You cannot purchase from the vendor on an Endless Journey account.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited August 2019
    Kyronix said:
    In this context "account" means veteran account.  You cannot purchase from the vendor on an Endless Journey account.
    Ok, thank you for the clarification.

Therefore, I am understanding, Endless Journey "accounts", even if upgraded to High Seas, will not be able to purchase Ethereal sand from the Mining Cooperative in Minoc.

Good to know.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited August 2019
    On TC I purchased 3 commodity deeds off the vendor (so that's 1500) - and I have the feeling I could have purchased more. How is this cap enforced? Is it the actual sand itself, or the deed? 

Is there a lifetime cap or an at-that-moment cap?

Need my gold for other things (testing this commission vendor) so I suppose I have to go out and do some ASoS for some gold...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Tanager said:
    So there will be people who wait near the vendor for their supply while others go to the island and actually do the work.

I would look at this as - people able to get a group can do Corgul, get the reward drops and the ethereal sand, but solo players are not excluded from the event, they can buy the sand and use it to soulbind the lesser creatures in rising tides.
    Replying to Ts quote since you chopped it.

That was like players doing 5 trade routes then waiting at a Minister to go to Krampus.  No biggie to me.  I assume players can get sand from Corgul and then go buy also.  You can get more if you do the work. I'm fine with that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2019

5,000 max per ''ration'', at 500 per commodity deed. This way you can break it up in case you have chars on different shards for the same account. The available amount resets whenever Corgul is killed. (Keep in mind that this is TC1 so the amounts and prices might change.)
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    You get a mountain of sand when killing Corgul.  Bring a bag of sending!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Kyronix said:
    You get a mountain of sand when killing Corgul.  Bring a bag of sending!
    a mountain of sand?
    publish notes says ethereal sand.
    would be nice if it was regular sand too
    cause you can purchase the ethereal sand at Minoc.

will this sand be a continuous thing, or just around for Treasures of the Seas?