Animal Lore Gump Blocking Skill Timer

MerusMerus Posts: 656
@Kyronix @Bleak

Currently in the CC (not sure about EC) having an animal lore gump open blocks using other skills.  I know it did not used to be this way as I was able to lore multiple pets/tamables and compare stats/skills side by side.  It also block other skills which means you have to close the gump for things like hiding or taming.  Would you all please consider putting it back like it used to be in the upcoming bugs publish.

Comments

• EyeEye Posts: 91
    Aye, very annoying
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    They did improve this somewhat.  You can lore one pet and then another without closing the gump in some places.  But you can not do it in the dungeons I have tried or other random places in game.

You can leave the lore open and hide if you are in Luna.  Or lore multiple pets one at a time by Luna Stable without closing the gump.

I do not recall having multiple lore screens open at the same time.

Multiple lore screens would be nice.  I doubt it would work since they take up most of the screen in EC.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I can't really speak for EC, but I have not found any place that the lore gump does not block the skill timer in CC.  I tested multiple lores in the luna stable and was blocked.  I also tried hiding at the luna bank and was blocked.  Also tested both in my house and was blocked. 

Best I can tell having an animal lore gump up in CC blocks the skill timer all together.

I am positive it did not used to be this way prior to the taming publish last year.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    I was doing the stuff in game while posting.  I was a Luna stable.  Gonna be tough for them to fix something that works for some players and not others.

It did start with Pub 97.  And You can not leave the lore gump open and lore another pet or use another skill in Yamitsu Mines. (sp)

So please check in that area Devs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Do you know how to find your Char info on your hard drive?  If so you might think about renaming it so when you log into with that char it downloads it from UO.  You will need to set up all macros and such but it may/may not fix your problem. 

DO NOT DELETE THE CHAR IN THE UO LOG-IN SCREEN AS THIS WILL PERMANENTLY DELETE IT.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I have the same issue on all my tamers across all shards that I play, including brand new tamers that I have created from scratch in the last 30 days.