Halloween content

SmootSmoot Posts: 389
edited August 2019 in General Discussions
so my favorite part about halloween content for the last few years has been collecting the armor sets.  the turn ins were nice too.

doesnt look like we get that this year?  just read the newsletter.  im kinda bummed.  anyone else?

at least wow classic came out.
  1. What do you like most about Halloween Content8 votes
    1. i mainly liked the turn-ins and collecting the armor sets
      75.00%
    2. i mainly like the other stuff.
      25.00%

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited August 2019
    I did not vote because I like both.  Are you sure there will be no drops?  Or are they using Blackthorns and we get a different kind of drop there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    @Pawain cant say for sure but nothing was mentioned about drops in the newsletter.  all other previous years they were.
    I was confused but we will do something in Blackthorns.  That is all I can tell for sure.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-106-forsaken-foes/
    Looks like this is the Dungeon part.  We collect souls and sell them maybe.

Looks like you are correct about armor.  I do like the armor also... :(

Treasures of the Sea

This year's Treasures of Halloween event takes to the Sea! The Fellowship is offering some great rewards for those who are brave enough to cleanse the souls of the Soulbound!  Visit Test Center today and give the new event a try before it hits production shards in September!  

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Hope the grave yards, pumpkins and bones make it back.  Pumpkin Cannons and Row Boats are not tripping my trigger :(
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Not looking good but its a wait and see. This whole years content has been kinda blah, in my opinion, unless you like chasing the broken beacons. They did get me to upgrade one of my accts to High Seas though, so I guess that's a win for them. Again, time will tell...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I prefer the rewards, but I liked to help others collect their missing armor pieces.
    And I like how this year has had a theme and that it is continuing with the Halloween content.
    Pawain said:
    Looks like this is the Dungeon part.  We collect souls and sell them maybe.

Alchemists with glassblowing craft the soulbinders.
    you carry them in your main backpack and when they are full turn them into the follower.
    on  TC you drop them into the dolphin mailbox

I prefer the rewards, but I liked to help others collect their missing armor pieces.
    And I like how this year has had a theme and that it is continuing with the Halloween content.

The game knows we are killing the correct things.  Ask @Kyronix if he will drop new armor.

Would be nice if we could turn the new armor in at Khaldun.  I need more stuff.
    Pawain said:

Would be nice if we could turn the new armor in at Khaldun.  I need more stuff.
    Khaldun on Tram side is gone... or it was before this patch
    Nope not on LS.  The last 2 turn in guys are still around. Khaldun is still open in Tram.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    No idea what these 'armor sets' are anyone got a pic

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    MissE said:
    No idea what these 'armor sets' are anyone got a pic

My guess would be the armor/weapon pieces that dropped that you turned in.  Several folks I know enjoyed putting together complete sets of the different armor pieces that were for the turn ins.  Think silent has some displayed at his zento siege house or did but I was gone for while.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Are you the same bunch that freaked out when the first TC release was announced? You understand that this wasnt the first or the last TC release for this publish right?
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    @Smoot
    Come to TC, there is Halloween content, but tied to the Fellowship rewards.

Not sure about the armor sets tho...maybe that will be a point thing. *shrug*
    Pawain said:
    Nope not on LS.  The last 2 turn in guys are still around. Khaldun is still open in Tram.
    I was referring to on TC.
    I went there before this patch & all the encampment is completely gone.
    Not a single building is there & the entrance to the dungeon is gone.
    Pawain said:
    I was referring to on TC.
    I went there before this patch & all the encampment is completely gone.
    Not a single building is there & the entrance to the dungeon is gone.

Yikes!  Ill be heading to those NPCs to buy stuff.  Thanks!  
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited September 2019
    New player coming back. I have been back since Easter.....there was no Easter event, so I learned about the pirate content andhave been killing pirates and towers while waiting for the halloween event, I have heard great things about the halloween events on UO, they put up the fellowship event, I eagerly farm 600 million points to buy myself some nice fellowship items when the fellowship goes live......now I read that the 22nd anniversary tokens are available ot be looked at on test, I go and look at them and there are 4 copper house decos, nothing that is actually useful to a returning player like me, ok fine. Halloween Event is up on test, I really am lookin forward to this event ive heard tons about the halloween and xmas events on UO, I go to test and it turns out they just made the fellowship rewards tie in with halloween rewards? do basically the halloween event is nothing more than killing pirates and towers like I have been doing for the past two months+ and there isnt even a halloween event reward NPC, where are the halloween type items, and not even a halloween orc ship? color me severely disappointed, granted im basically new so I may not be understanding whats going on.

• These rewards will be available on a timed release throughout the run of Forsaken Foes
    • Pumpkin Cannon – a large pumpkin styled blundercannon, can be placed on a ship and fires all ship weapon ammo types
    • Pumpkin Rowboat – a large pumpkin rowboat
    • Admiral Jack’s Pumpkin Spice Ale – an equippable bottle of Admiral Jack’s favorite beverage
    • Jack o’ Lantern Helm – equippable Jack o’ Lantern helm that’s also a light source
    • Exploding Jack o’ Lantern – put one in your backpack, give one to your friend and have fun launching them at each other! Kaboom!
    honestly I understand that the game is 22 years old and that people are out of ideas, but heck if nothing else just turn back on one of your prior halloween events....the khaldun event the koti city event I dont care something actually fun and DIFFERENT to do, compared to what you normally do all year long. heck WoW has so little imagination they do the same events year after year but they are more interesting than this years event, I apologize for my noobness but thats how I feel about it.

P.S. these rewards have absolutely no use for a returning player.....wheres the bandage belts? the armors, etc. heck even a new dye tub lol something actually worthwhile, same goes with the 22 anni items I feel sorry for someone who has been around for 22 years and all they get is a copper deco item? other years there have been many items actually of use
    Dasilva said:
    New player coming back. I have been back since Easter.....there was no Easter event, so I learned about the pirate content andhave been killing pirates and towers while waiting for the halloween event, I have heard great things about the halloween events on UO, they put up the fellowship event, I eagerly farm 600 million points to buy myself some nice fellowship items when the fellowship goes live......now I read that the 22nd anniversary tokens are available ot be looked at on test, I go and look at them and there are 4 copper house decos, nothing that is actually useful to a returning player like me, ok fine. Halloween Event is up on test, I really am lookin forward to this event ive heard tons about the halloween and xmas events on UO, I go to test and it turns out they just made the fellowship rewards tie in with halloween rewards? do basically the halloween event is nothing more than killing pirates and towers like I have been doing for the past two months+ and there isnt even a halloween event reward NPC, where are the halloween type items, and not even a halloween orc ship? color me severely disappointed, granted im basically new so I may not be understanding whats going on.

• These rewards will be available on a timed release throughout the run of Forsaken Foes
    • Pumpkin Cannon – a large pumpkin styled blundercannon, can be placed on a ship and fires all ship weapon ammo types
    • Pumpkin Rowboat – a large pumpkin rowboat
    • Admiral Jack’s Pumpkin Spice Ale – an equippable bottle of Admiral Jack’s favorite beverage
    • Jack o’ Lantern Helm – equippable Jack o’ Lantern helm that’s also a light source
    • Exploding Jack o’ Lantern – put one in your backpack, give one to your friend and have fun launching them at each other! Kaboom!
    honestly I understand that the game is 22 years old and that people are out of ideas, but heck if nothing else just turn back on one of your prior halloween events....the khaldun event the koti city event I dont care something actually fun and DIFFERENT to do, compared to what you normally do all year long. heck WoW has so little imagination they do the same events year after year but they are more interesting than this years event, I apologize for my noobness but thats how I feel about it.

P.S. these rewards have absolutely no use for a returning player.....wheres the bandage belts? the armors, etc. heck even a new dye tub lol something actually worthwhile, same goes with the 22 anni items I feel sorry for someone who has been around for 22 years and all they get is a copper deco item? other years there have been many items actually of use
    the npc with the items is located at the fellowship (on TC)
    make sure you walk through that white gate at Brit commons before you go there(gives you points)
    then you can choose some of the rewards.

The anniversary rewards is always something to do with the real world anniversary gifts. This year it is copper, next year will be silver plate. And I really like copper wings which look awesome with the angel. (you have to put it on the square directly below it & raise it up)

I am actually looking forward to the Halloween event. There is going to be so much to do, that it will keep us busy and that is a good thing. We don't get to see everything on TC. This is Hooks Pirate War, so be prepared for anything.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited September 2019
     Treasures of the Sea (Halloween event with High Seas theme of the year) uses crafted soulbinders that you fill up by killing High Seas content. You turn these in at the Fellowship NPC to get the points to claim the Halloween items from the NPC. This is essentially the same as previous Treasures of X events, except there are not direct pack drops that you turn in - this year crafters are involved - and the dungeon is the oceans of Sosaria. Some folks are dismayed by the lack of themed pack drops, but I personally am looking forward to a change of pace. I also love the new bottle art and colors on the Soulbinders, and find them far more enjoyable than a hued and named bit of gear that I will never wear. There is an imbuable Pumpkin helm from the NPC that I will be stocking up on, but the rest is deco or RP in nature and that is where some folks are having issues. Charybdis has a new crystallized pet drop that serves as a goat, which is nice for fishers. As a crafter and roleplayer, I am looking forward to the new recipes, equipable bottles of booze, and pretty deco. I am not sad that there is not an uber limited-time-only, power-creep inducing bit of gear being added to the game for future players to find impossible to obtain.

The gold coins, fragments from t-maps, and other fellowship related story arc items (in recent years there has been an anniversary story arc semi-related to the Halloween content) are not being disclosed at this time, except that there is a quest involving Blackthorn Dungeon. The fragments appear to involve the virtue shrines. These quests are not usually tested by the players first. They may or may not play a part in the release currently on TC1, or they may be for the last stage of the High Seas year. But there IS more content coming.

For anniversary gifts - these are almost always decorative. This year is not an exception. I have not read anything yet about this year's vet rewards, tho I think I saw a mount that I was not supposed to see!
    ... and not to forget the Halloween staples...

Grimm Omen & other jack-o-lantern stuff at farms
    Named skeletons and fun baddies at the graveyards

there is a whole lot to do during Halloween that is not even mentioned in the TC/Publish notes for they are basically timed and permanent features of the game.

Kirthag said:
    ... and not to forget the Halloween staples...

Grimm Omen & other jack-o-lantern stuff at farms
    Named skeletons and fun baddies at the graveyards

there is a whole lot to do during Halloween that is not even mentioned in the TC/Publish notes for they are basically timed and permanent features of the game.

And don't forget trick or treating :)  My person favorite of the season! 

I am however not feeling much excitement or love for Pumpkin Helmets, Row Boats and Cannons :(
    Tyrath said:

And don't forget trick or treating :)  My person favorite of the season! 

I am however not feeling much excitement or love for Pumpkin Helmets, Row Boats and Cannons :(
    oh yeah, forgot ToT!

I think the row boats are CUTE! buut probably not something I'll be going bonkers for - just seems impracticle out on the ocean. maybe for like a gondola ride around Vesper.... The cannons are just silly looking. 

The helmets... those have some RP use and I kinda like their addition to the game.