Question:Howto obtain "Captain Blackheart's Whiskey" as a Gargoyle?

...You will need to don a tricorne hat (pirate's hat)...
How can a Gargoyle wear a tricorne hat?

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Have you just tried to drink him under the table to see if he would award the prize?  Can you also hold the sword?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     From another player I asked about this..... It was allegedly made so that a garg having a tricorn hat in the pack was supposed to work.  And yes DO NOT FORGET TO DRINK 6 Bottles of Liquor or all he will do is hiccup at you.  Was going to test the tricorn in the pack today but got side tracked.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited August 2019
    i thought it was 7 bottles. guess i've been over drinkin' all this time, Arrr!!

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• @Mariah any answer on whether this was fixed for Gargoyles?  i remember submitting it a few times to @Mesanna but cannot remember if it was.  they fixed dart boards and mining gloves for us, and i am thinking that it was implemented that you could complete it as a gargoyle by simply having the hat in your inventory.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I will attempt to find out.  I suspect RNG wil cause me to do the quest several times before I get the right end requirement.
    i thought it was 7 bottles. guess i've been over drinkin' all this time, Arrr!!

Thought it was 7 as well but I ran it non stop for 4 days on Siege setting up the hag house and getting all the maps.   Anyway it was 6 every time.  That being said I was running it on a elf, perhaps they lack the constitution of a Garg or Human :)
    @Trismegistos can I ask, have you got the 'captain blackheart' part of the quest as a gargoyle?

Gargoyles can now complete the Hag’s Quest

However it doesn't say how that was achieved.  I have now gone through the quest 10 times. On 5 of them the last item was bones in hallowed ground and on 5 a star chart. I am reluctant to continue testing unless you have actually encountered the problem.
  • No, when I am thinking about to switch to a gargoyle I was aware of the pirate hat
    And maybe other people do that quest. That's why I ask here in the forum.
    Maybe the solution is not to give a gargoyle this quest. Remember "don't drink and fly" . That would My solution for this problem.

I am of the opinion, after taking the quest ten times, that the captain's whiskey option is simply removed from the possible steps for gargoyle characters.
    Mariah said:
    I am of the opinion, after taking the quest ten times, that the captain's whiskey option is simply removed from the possible steps for gargoyle characters.

Out of 10 you should have gotten at least 2-3 Blackhearts, even with the flaky RNG the end portion of the quest typically runs a pretty even spread between bones, star chart, and blackheart.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited August 2019
    I’ll run it on a Garg a few times as well just to see. 

I’ll run it on a Garg a few times as well just to see. 

I ran 6 and either the RNG just loves giving me star charts at 6AM in the UO morning or Gargs are just not getting the whiskey one.  Will run 30-40 more since I am putting another hag house together on GL  since putting the Siege Hag house in order was so much fun LOL.
  • It funner than a bag of fire ants ain’t it?

It funner than a bag of fire ants ain’t it?

! 10 ! Zeef Maps down in 37 runs now.  BUT I learned something I never knew before and I thought I knew just about everything regarding the haq quest (Excluding Garg Issues ;) )  But you can start the quest in fel and do everything in tram other than the run the road and talking to the hag parts..... And get a Fel Map.  I accidently hit my tram rune to the Wouthern Jungles ruins and blew my flute and there was Zeef tram side from the fel side quest.  Might be handy for all the folks that wet themselves over spending time in Fel  :)
  • TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 193
    edited August 2019
    That's correct.
    But On most shards felucca is so secure as you were in Trammel. So only moving-through and the amount of runes/Runic atlas is the bonus of going this way.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I go all over the map when I'm doing the quest, which I do often, it's the best source of Fel maps. I kill frogs in Tokuno, the swamp south of the Yomostu mine.  I have a runic atlas of locations, which means if the rune for zeef on one facet turns up blocked I can just go to the other one.
    That's correct.
    But On most shards felucca is so secure as you were in Trammel. So only moving-through and the amount of runes/Runic atlas is the bonus of going this way.

I almost had a heart attack last night!  There was someone at Jhelom Pen taming and releasing Bulls on the Fel side.    AS fast as they booked it out of there..... I think they almost had a heart attack seeing someone else in fel as well.

I go all over the map when I'm doing the quest, which I do often, it's the best source of Fel maps. I kill frogs in Tokuno, the swamp south of the Yomostu mine.  I have a runic atlas of locations, which means if the rune for zeef on one facet turns up blocked I can just go to the other one.
      I mostly play Siege Probably 90% of the time. So when I take a break on prodo the Siege mindset is strong.  Like I have spent the last week gating every where on prodo...instead of recalling.   I use the Tokuno Swamp For Frogs as well, also for Lizard men and swamp water.  Trinsic Swamp as well when I get slimes.  Ocllo Docks for rats.   There are a couple of the Zeef locations that if you mark in range of Zeef that block you from recalling or gating in.

ANd What happened to the Guard Post before the Bog of Desolation?  LOL I must have missed it being removed at least on Siege, GL, Origin, and Cats.  When I went to mark the location on Siege it took forever to find the right spot and dredge up Zeef with the flute.