Why not permit the Purchase of a new "Increased Storage" over +60% and an "8th Character slot" ?

The 7th Character extra slot was introduced with Ultima Online: 7th Anniversary which dates back to some 15 Years ago.... in 2004.

The last ability to get additional extra House (+20%) and Bank (+25) storage, instead, came in 2010 with the High Seas Expansion.

That is, it is quite a long many Years since in Ultima Online players were given the ability to get an extra character slot as well as extra Bank and House storage....

Now, HOW ABOUT if we were given, at a cost (so increased Revenues for Ultima Online...), the ability to purchase an 8th character slot as well as extra House and Bank Storage space again ?

Would you spend money to get them ?

@Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , why not if it would bring extra revenues to Ultima Online ?
  1. Would you spend money to purchase additional House and Bank Storage space & an 8th character slot ?19 votes
    1. YES, absolutely !
      68.42%
    2. NO, I'd pass.
      31.58%

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    This needs to be a bundled package like the last one.  $30 for both or $20 for each
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited August 2019

I asked that at a M&G.  Mesanna seemed shocked we needed more storage.

I proposed two more 20% increases for $20 each.

• I don't care so much about the 8th character.  I have too damn many characters now as it is.

Besides, playing Siege it doesn't carry over so there's that.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    2nd House on an account.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915

I asked that at a M&G.  Mesanna seemed shocked we needed more storage.

Too many $$$    No need for it to cost that much

• I asked that at a M&G.  Mesanna seemed shocked we needed more storage.

Too many $$$    No need for it to cost that much

Oh You know I agree.  It should be $10.
  • Pawain said:
    2nd House on an account.
    You
     get a second on siege, a third on tc.

Nah, even I like the idea it makes no sense for BS nor for gameplay. More space blocked more unpaid accounts.
    Storage increase of 10% as for 20 years would have been nice.
    I would also pay for increase 20% and up.
    Or give the garden sheds an option to be smaller. Most of accs should be older than needed age to claim.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903

I don't care so much about the 8th character.  I have too damn many characters now as it is.

Besides, playing Siege it doesn't carry over so there's that.
    But other players might feel a need for an 8th character slot....

And since more Revenues for Ultima Online is a good thing as they would permit to do more Development, I'd say that it would be good to have BOTH options as available then, players would be able to decide whether they want to spend their money on it or not...
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited August 2019
    i voted no

economically, alot of people keep multiple accounts open for hoarding. 
    and i think 7 slots is enough.  if you absolutely want more characters, can just make on another shard.  helps increase population if even a little on low pop shards.

Image result for hoarding
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    also, tho we havent gotten a flat storage increase, we've gotten many changes that increase storage space.  the power scroll and alacrity scroll books, changing items to stackable / combineable.  like the powder of fort kegs and combining runic hammers.  even the currency change, since banks no longer have to have space taken up with checks.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    Honestly I can manage with current storage but another character slot would be VERY welcome, it'd be an instant purchase
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited August 2019
    voted no
    there has to be a limit, or there'd be no market. 
    And if you need more than 7 characters on a shard, something is wrong there. I'm happy with 3, maybe 4 - and that feels like too much. Having toons with all the skills kinda kills the need for community.

after thinking about it... maybe I should move to SP
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The need for community with regards to template choices, has been dead for a long time.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Problem-Action-Solution     ---- Not enough storage-Endless Journey- New ej acct has 2 char limit that's the chars bag and bank its not a ton but it helps and if you have a old acct that has 6 or 7 that has went into ej status then you should have 6 or 7 chars willing to hold all your stuff and if that's account is full then create another or delete some stuff and it dosent cost as much even one month sub on acct will give 5 chars slots 

• Not that I like paying $13/month per account, but I never understood why the increased storage was never tied to a small increase in game time price as oppose to a one time payment.  I am sure with the advent of increased storage offers, houses everywhere immediately went idoc, and their $13/month along with them.  They should have done different tiered levels of subscription rates from the very beginning.  Maybe something like this, but not necessarily exactly like this.

Endless Journey can't own houses - Free
    Basic Subscription: no extra storage, but no extra characters, and can own houses - $5/month
    Advanced Subscription: 20% storage & 6th character slot (used to be 5 long ago) - $10/month
    Premium Subscription: 40% storage & 7th character - $15/month
    Ultimate Subscription: 60% storage & 8th character - $20/month

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Not that I like paying $13/month per account, but I never understood why the increased storage was never tied to a small increase in game time price as oppose to a one time payment.  I am sure with the advent of increased storage offers, houses everywhere immediately went idoc, and their $13/month along with them.  They should have done different tiered levels of subscription rates from the very beginning.  Maybe something like this, but not necessarily exactly like this.

Basic Subscription: no extra storage, but no extra characters, and can own houses - $5/month
    Advanced Subscription: 20% storage & 6th character slot (used to be 5 long ago) - $10/month

I think instead that a one time purchase for a House storage upgrade makes more sense.

Players purchase their "enlargement" of their UO Houses and are done with that, as it should be with "purchases".

Continued payments are more like "rental" contracts where one owns nothing but rents the use of it over time, as long as they pay their "rent"....

But with Houses in Ultima Online, it is IMPORTANT, to my opinion, that players feel that they "own" them, that those UO Houses are "theirs" for good (and infact we can sell and transfer them to other characters.... if players "feel" that their UO House is "theirs", then they may want to put in their effort in customizing it, decorating it and this, is an important appeal and feature of Ultima Online....

Sorry but no, I think that a one time payment for a House storage Upgrade is the proper and valid approach with such a thing in Ultima Online....
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Not that I like paying $13/month per account, but I never understood why the increased storage was never tied to a small increase in game time price as oppose to a one time payment.  I am sure with the advent of increased storage offers, houses everywhere immediately went idoc, and their $13/month along with them.  They should have done different tiered levels of subscription rates from the very beginning.  Maybe something like this, but not necessarily exactly like this.

4 basic accounts = 300% storage & 20 characters - $20/month