Ghost Cams

So.. is this legal?

If it is, why?
If it isn't, why is it allowed?

These are at almost all T2A entrances in Felucca, Atlantic  nearly 24 hours a day.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited August 2019
    The issue is not only with Ghosts, but, to my understanding, also with live (but hidden) free EJ characters....

As I understood, they run scripts through which they monitor who comes and goes in a given area alerting their Master to intervene....

Usually, I understand, those in charge of Monitoring Felucca activity are on Discord with others monitoring other CAMs on various Shards/locations and whenever someone is "detected" through these CAMs running scripts (which I understand is NOT permitted by the Terms of Service...), these players on Discord gather in that area where a player has been detected by their running script character CAM and attack him/her/them.

BOTH issues need to be addressed, to my opinion, not merely Ghosts..... and it is necessary, to my opinion, to make these CAMs not possible, whether they are run through the use of Ghosts or Live, hidden EJ characters......

@Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , is it possible that something is done about this ?

Thanks.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    You could try something I did when I found a ghost giving OooO commands to a pet in a dungeon once?

Page a GM, message is, 'I have found a ghost [location]  I have tried repeatedly to resurrect him, but he seems unable to accept, please investigate.
    edited August 2019
    You could try something I did when I found a ghost giving OooO commands to a pet in a dungeon once?

Page a GM, message is, 'I have found a ghost [location]  I have tried repeatedly to resurrect him, but he seems unable to accept, please investigate.
    The problem is, at least to my viewing, that not only Ghosts are used as scripted CAMs to Monitor a given area, but also live, hidden (and free) EJ characters....

It looks to me, that a more permanent, hard coded solution might be necessary....

That players might be wanting to monitor a given area using their in-game time and a paying account I could accept it, it is their time and money and if they want to spend them standing in a given place watching who comes and goes I am good with it.

But using SCRIPTS and free EJ Accounts and AFK ?

No thanks, that is not acceptable, to my opinion.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Say thank you EJ
  • Ghost Cams were around long before EJ.
    players used the free trial and all the info would be updated to a website to easily check progress of all spawns.

all endless journey does is save a little trouble of having to create new trial accounts.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    If its against TOS then why Ian no action taken when reported?
    Ghost Cams were around long before EJ.
    players used the free trial and all the info would be updated to a website to easily check progress of all spawns.

all endless journey does is save a little trouble of having to create new trial accounts.
    Sorry but they were not on Trial Accounts for the simple reason is that Trial Accounts were not allowed to Fel.  Those were paid accounts in fel and easy to trace and shut down.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    edited August 2019
    Bilbo said:

Sorry but they were not on Trial Accounts for the simple reason is that Trial Accounts were not allowed to Fel.  Those were paid accounts in fel and easy to trace and shut down.
    I think I would know how it worked bud. They only stopped allowing trial accounts to enter felucca dungeons in 2009.
    edited August 2019
    Nikard said:
    If its against TOS then why Ian no action taken when reported?
    I do not see why the burden to report should be on players....

Is it against the TOS ?

Then, to my viewing, there should be some "prevention" mechanics that made it flat out not possible.

I mean, WHY should it be players, PAYING Customers, who had to take their time to go look if there is Ghosted CAMs or Endless Journey "free" Hidden characters in those area presumably scripted to report to their Masters who comes and goes in the Area that they are scripted to wander about ?

Paying customers, I would assume, would like to spend their in time game PLAYING the game and not spending it as TOS detectives to report AFK scripters exploiting free Endless Journey accounts to work either as Ghost CAMs or as Hidden Characters' CAMs....

Personally, I think that the Developers should come out with a way to make it NOT possible for these accounts to do what they are doing which, to my understanding, is against the Terms of Service of Ultima Online AND, it HURTS the gameplay of PAYING Customers.....

To me, it really is INEXPLICABLE how, when a given issue helps out FREE, Endless Journey accounts which bring NO REVENUE to Ultima Online AND it HURTS, PAYING customers thus, perhaps, possibly causing their alienating from wanting to keep playing (and paying) their Ultima Online account, something is not done at the speed of light to fix that.....

I mean, WHY not stop free endless journey accounts which bring no resources to Ultima Online to do any of that, when these CAMs hurt the gameplay and enjoyability of PAYING Customers who, instead, with the money that they spend on their account bring Revenues to Ultima Online ?

To me, it is inexplicable.

@Mesanna , @Bleak , @Kyronix , @Mariah , it would be nice to get to know if anything is intended to be done to stop these CAMs for good, whether from Ghosts or from Hidden characters.

Thank you VERY much.

Bilbo said:

I think I would know how it worked bud. They only stopped allowing trial accounts to enter felucca dungeons in 2009.
    So according to you from March 2009 (Pub 58) till Spring 2018 (EJ Accounts) there were no Ghost Cams in Fel?  By the way thank you for proving that Trial Accounts were not allowed in Fel prior to the creation of EJ Accounts BUD.
  • Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:

So according to you from March 2009 (Pub 58) till Spring 2018 (EJ Accounts) there were no Ghost Cams in Fel?  By the way thank you for proving that Trial Accounts were not allowed in Fel prior to the creation of EJ Accounts BUD.
    Never said that trial accounts have alwayd been allowed in felucca just in 2009 it was changed to prevent them from entering dungeons or t2a but the same ghost camming at dungeon entrances has always been possible

You are just trying to make EJ into a villain when nothing has changed.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    The Best option so far has been to allow Exorcism to work anywhere if there isn't a corpse for the ghost

• NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I agree w Greg- Simple solution, and it would make me smile to make people run their ghosts back from a shrine.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    How about automatic res of EJ characters 5 minutes after death and EJ ghosts are always visible?
  • King_Greg said:
    The Best option so far has been to allow Exorcism to work anywhere if there isn't a corpse for the ghost

Thats a start but the real problem is characters in wraith form with hiding.
    King_Greg said:

Thats a start but the real problem is characters in wraith form with hiding.
    Why in Wraith form ?

Can't they just hide without going into Wraith form ?

After all, they only need to run their script, wander about their set Area and report to their Master whenever they detect any other character....

I do not understand the need to go into Wraith form and then hide.....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited August 2019
    There's no push through penalty in wraith form. The Devs for whatever reason, love WF, you can log out and your form is retained. But apparently it's a game breaker to allow the same for Animal Form.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • There's no push through penalty in wraith form. The Devs for whatever reason, love WF, you can log out and your form is retained. But apparently it's a game breaker to allow the same for Animal Form.
    You know it isn't specific to wraith... I'd enjoy the laments of all the sampires though if they made them all lose form on log.  Sweet music
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    edited August 2019
    There's no push through penalty in wraith form. The Devs for whatever reason, love WF, you can log out and your form is retained. But apparently it's a game breaker to allow the same for Animal Form.
    That makes zero sense.  All a ninja has to do is log back in and just recast animal form while hidden. Also I'm not positive on this but I think if you log out in wraith form and back in you lose your lack of a push thru message . Similar to crossing a server line. Besides it's not like a wraith cant be tracked or detected just like a non form hidden character..makes it a bit harder to find reveal someone but wraith forms abilities are a great feature that many players use well .
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    What makes zero sense ? My point was, the devs coded it so you can't retain your animal form when you log out, but it's perfectly ok to retain your Necro form(s).
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.