Considering how the "Beacons' Bug" has slowed down their gameplay, will we get them for longer ?

2»

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Oh, and any news on the fix? ORr will you guys just leave the bug until the event is shut down?

(@Mariah I hope this post is not disrepectful, feel free to remove them as usual if you don't like them)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited August 2019
    Probably one of mine...
    Nah, was mine, but was spot on and they can't handle that :D
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Telling people to find a workaround is not really a solution, this is a subscription game and content is paid for therefore it should work properly or at least be fixed in a timely manner if it goes wrong. There are plenty of free MMO's out there that take fixing bugs and having working seasonal/temporary content very seriously. I can see why people are getting annoyed.  :/
    jaytin said:
    I can see why people are getting annoyed.  :/
    Unfortunately nobody at Broadsword seems to see that...
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    LOL y'all give it up.  Now everyone's upper level maps have converted to level 3's...
    Perhaps they will fix that?

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    the beacons will still be there in Publish 106
    and you will still get cargo drops
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    And what about the Black Market ?

For many players having scarce time at hand to play UO, the Beacon BUG has severely limited their capacity to get Rewards from the Black Market....

Shouldn't then ALSO the Black Market existance be validated across Publish 106 ?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:

For many players having scarce time at hand to play UO, the Beacon BUG has severely limited their capacity to get Rewards from the Black Market....

Shouldn't then ALSO the Black Market existance be validated across Publish 106 ?
    the Black Market is still there

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    How has the bug severely limited their capacity when the majority of beacons can be found in deep water away from land and do not have the problem? Something like 95% of the beacons I've encountered are in deep water.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I've been hitting them hard all of last week, I would say 30-40% were either too close to land, near a server line, or stacked so close together that you couldn't complete them.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    popps said:

the Black Market is still there

That's good News then.... with all of the rewards ?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Yes, all of the rewards are still available from the black market.
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    you want new/returning players to leave and never come back? this has already happened because a number of things have been removed from game banes just off the top of my head, the high seas is a PAID for expansion that I paid for when I first came back to UO a few months ago, if they remove content I PAID to play then I expect my money back on all of my accounts that i PAID for this expansion of content on
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I %1000000000000 agree with @Dasilva that if content is added to the game then it should be permanent.  PLEASE stop adding temporary content.
    @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    o.0

High Seas expansion is clearly stated as to what it contains, and I do believe anyone who bought the expansion received that content.

The current EVENT ARC with new and different mobs/rewards (meaning the beacons, their drops, and the rewards you can get) is actually a feature of the game itself that is NOT directly related to the purchase of the High Seas expansion. As is the Bane, Ophidian Invasion, Undead rampage, destruction of Magincia... etc. Since the early days of Sosaria, temporary content is what helped make this game what it is.

What is wrong with having temporary content related to a temporary event or story arc which is what UO is known for and helps make it stand out in the mire of online gaming options? Other titles do similar, but their arcs are much longer and probably more elaborate due to the way the games are made - so it seems like the items are there forever. Season in Diablo serves up temporary rewards - do ppl complain about it? No, they look forward to the next season for the new set of rewards. UO, being a somewhat simpler game (in that respect) is able to put in and remove such content/events/arcs with relative ease (case in point, Halloween content).

Now... what would be interesting is if the beacon/pirate things come and go, (again, like the seasonal Halloween content) and perhaps new stuff added to the Blackmarket (which, by nature, would also come and go). That would, first of all, give some variety to the normal game, and give people something to look forward to (like, uh, Halloween). Maybe during the summer months, seafaring folk can deal with beacons and an uptick of pirates... after all, historical records show raiding was commonly done more in the warmer months of the year.

I want huge Viking ships and Valkyrie and more Celtic artwork!!! Will I get them, probably not - the Norse mythos doesn't really fit in with Ultima lore.

And, something to consider, maybe the devs are planning to make this a perma-feature of the game - so what if they don't make a huge announcement - maybe the entire thing is a test to something permanent in the future? Maybe they are seeing how players of the game (vocal and not) respond to this type of content.

Do you really need to KNOW everything right away?!