Beacons still firing cannons after Orc Crew is dead.

PawainPawain Posts: 9,032
This is in Tokuno.  Probably reason is close to land.  No ships or other beacons near.  Coords in Pic.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    It'll be nice when this is corrected

Havent seen it anywhere but Tokuno personally tho

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,788
    I encountered one just now in Tokuno on Pacific. Here is the screen shot of the location:
    The coordinates in the upper left corner are the beacon's location.

To top it off I did not get the maritime reward for sinking it. I got the reward for killing the crew but not for sinking the beacon.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,928
    edited July 2019
    I have also been hit by this BUG.

In Tokuno, all Orcs are dead, the Plunder Beacon DOES take damage from firing the cannons YET, it fires back and makes it impossible to stay there for all the shots necessary to take the Beacon down... it REALLY needs to be fixed....

Mine was also attached to Land.

If this additional information can help, to add insult to injury, even though, with great difficulty and resources' cost and through having to repair the Ship multiple times, I was FINALLY able to destroy the Beacon and it gave me ZERO Mythical Trade Cargo....

All that work, time spent, and multiple deaths and no rewards....

I also had to kill several spawning Krakens and I noticed that at death, no Kraken corpse was left behind, they just disappeared....

Another beacon that kept on firing after I killed all of the orcs on board. Tokuno on Pacific.

I did not stick around to sink it.  It was damaging my ship faster then I could damage it.

Another beacon at almost the same spot as last time.

Yeah crap like this is really messed up, since it's holding up a limited time event.  *sighs*

And I'll stop right there...
    Still this bug not fixed ?
    Was June 30th the first that this Bug was reported as being back ?

I am asking, because today is July 20th and, after about 3 weeks, this Bug is still well alive and hurting.... it limits much the ability to tackle Plunder Beacons reducing the number of available ones to fight and thus MUCH slowing down game progress....

I seem to recall that last time it was fixed rather fast, is it a different one that this time it is taking longer to get fixed ?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    <begin sarcasm> Come on DEVs we know you can just snap your fingers and every thing will be ok. <end sarcasm>  Sorry the DEVs do not report to everybody every day on progress of their actions.
    Bilbo said:
    <begin sarcasm> Come on DEVs we know you can just snap your fingers and every thing will be ok. <end sarcasm>  Sorry the DEVs do not report to everybody every day on progress of their actions.
    I think that I mentioned that last time that this bug showed up, my impression is that it was fixed quite faster....

Now, it is about 3 weeks that it resurfaced, and it is still plaguing players in a TIME LIMITED Event....

If it is the same bug, as it looks like, at least seen from the players' side, having the knowledge of the previous fix should have expedited a second fix, not delayed it, one would be incline to think...

Or is this second time a DIFFERENT bug, even though it pretty much looks the same as the one of last time, that is, with Plunderbeacons keeping on shooting even after all Orcs are dead, not giving Mythical Maritime Trade Cargo crates for sinking them, and this happening for Plunderbeacons spawning near land of server lines ?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @popps so you ASSume that it is the exact same thing and you ASSume that it is the exact same fix, so glad you know everything about UO and you ASSume that the DEVs need to report to you daily on their progress.
    Bilbo said:
    @ popps so you ASSume that it is the exact same thing and you ASSume that it is the exact same fix, so glad you know everything about UO and you ASSume that the DEVs need to report to you daily on their progress.
    Just saying, that, since this is a RE-surfacing of a BUG that already showed up previously, at least from what players can see on their end, and that it affects a TIME LIMITED Event, I would have hoped for a quicker fix of it....

Yet another location.  This time killing the orcs did not give any cargo.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    I gave some feedback but @Mariah didn't like it ;) I can confirm it's still broken. Please hotfix it ASAP.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    LOL JollyJade...mine got yanked as spam...

But it's all good, I'm sure they are gathering data to fix this as we speak
    LOL JollyJade...mine got yanked as spam...

But it's all good, I'm sure they are gathering data to fix this as we speak
    Yea my latest reply to you was pulled as "trolling"  :o
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    Some definitions for you.

Feedback - information useful in identifying a way to improve, fix, or alter something.

Snide attacks on posters and/or developers containing no information whatsoever is not feedback.  That's  a troll

The same feedback repeated constantly in any thread regardless of its relevance to that thread after said feedback has been acknowledged becomes Spam.

Please confine this thread to posts that fit the definition of feedback as provided.

Thank you.
    edited August 2019
    Mariah said:
    Some definitions for you.

Feedback - information useful in identifying a way to improve, fix, or alter something.

Snide attacks on posters and/or developers containing no information whatsoever is not feedback.  That's  a troll

The same feedback repeated constantly in any thread regardless of its relevance to that thread after said feedback has been acknowledged becomes Spam.

Please confine this thread to posts that fit the definition of feedback as provided.

Thank you.
    I sincerely disagree and will keep pressing the devs if they don't fix bugs like this even after weeks or months. If you don't like players like me, just ban me from UO. But you guys gladly take my money and in exchange mute me on the forums.

How about the devs just fix it by now? Problem solved.
    edited August 2019
    JollyJade said:

How about the devs just fix it by now? Problem solved.

And I also want a pony, a new train set, and an unlimited VISA card...

• Definitely not just Tokuno side. I have had four of these beacons misbehave in the last two days. All in Trammel, near the Amoeba island and the Southern most server line. All orcs killed and the cannon fire away quite merrily. It is a little tiresome, all this repairing. Only been back a little while and its kind of obvious why I departed the last time, a game with so many "quirks" takes a lot patience.

I've read it 3 times (publish notes, that is) and can't find the part where this fix is listed...

Don';t understand anything at all about the moving a crate in the house from a menu, has that been asked for?

I do however recall lots of times quite a few people wanted cascading permissions on containers, where if we set a locked down container to anyone, everything in it was automatically set to anyone as well...

*sighs*
     :D

My deleted posts were spot on 
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    Today I noticed that the corpses of the crew never showed up after they got killed. Not all crew was corpseless but some of them became that. And after that the beacon got bugged and kept shooting although all crew was dead. This was close to land so nothing new there.