SOS Update

CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
edited August 2019 in Test Center
SOS Update:

I have spent approximately [how many hours] hours testing the above feature.
7 hours  (did 40 Ancient SOS)

I usually play
(solo, on 120 Fisher with 200 luck, gargoyle)

What I like most about the above feature is 
(getting the live rock, ocean sapphire, & the ancient aquarium fishing nets)
(also love getting the ship names on the chest... LOVE love LOVE the barnacle chests)

What I like least about the above feature is 
(I had 55 unopened MIBs & when I opened them, I only got 4 Ancient SOS)

What I feel can be improved about the above feature is 
(I used to be able to get 3 Ancient SOS out of every 20 i'd open, now its so much lower.)

========================

out of 40 Ancient SOS i got:
92 Antique Aquarium Fishing Net
40 Live Rock 
18 Ocean Sapphire
20 Salted Serpent Steak

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2019
    out of these 92 nets
    most were common or uncommon (as I expected they would be)
    16 rare
    10 exceedingly rare
    0 exotic fish

two of them were not as described on the patch notes...
    file fish (is that speckled file fish? if so then that would be exceedingly rare)
    magnificent Shrimp Goby (i'm assuming this is the shrimp goby  in exceedingly rare?)
    and if both of these are correct, that makes the total for exccedingly rare 12

do you need higher luck?

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    We actually bumped the Ancient SOS chance in the previous publish.

Thank you for the report on the fish.  Will have a look at the names of the goby and filefish.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I really enjoy the artwork on these. A little bug: the gold chest does not turn with the deco tool or any other method.

• Kyronix said:
    We actually bumped the Ancient SOS chance in the previous publish.

I find it hard to believe there was an increase to the ancient sos. I just clicked through 32 MIB's and got 0 ancient sos :(...Is it possible this can be tweaked/bumped again!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Curious - how many ancient SoS would you expect to find in 32 MIBs?
  • Kyronix said:
    Curious - how many ancient SoS would you expect to find in 32 MIBs?
    if we go on the 1 out of 20 ratio, then at least 1. I personally would like to see the ratio being 1 out of every 10-15 even. As it is now, 32 with 0 results is disappointing.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    And, can we get the Gold chests and trimmed iron chests (from fishing, T-maps, and off paragons) to all use the "new container" interiors? Currently, only the Rusty chests, and the plain (without gold trim) fishing/t-map/paragon chests use the new, more roomy, chest interiors.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    edited August 2019

opened 50 message in a bottle tonight 0 ancient...120 fishing get better odds? luck suit help?

i have 100 fishing

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I opened a lot of MIBs when I was still playing and I definitely never got ASOS 1 in 20, I guess I was just really unlucky. A friend of mine had barely enough Fishing skill to fish the MIBs up and she got way more than me. 
    After I've thought about it for awhile, maybe its because I'm wearing the lucky necklace now.
    It probably doesn't make a difference, but you never know...

I know my tamer gets more Tmaps than anybody else I know & my friend Joyce gets lot of MIBs when she goes out fishing. 
  • For me, getting the MIBs isn't the problem it's getting them to turn into the ancient sos. I have tried wearing as much luck as I can, I have tried different chars but the results tend to be the same, just bad.I clicked through another 12 MIBs and still got 0 ancient sos, so I am batting 0 out of 44 in the last few days. My Guild mate said he just went through 56 MIBs without receiving 1 single Ancient SoS. I really think this area needs a bit more "bump' to it
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @Kyronix Bump up the Ancient SOS chances for 1 month to reward those of us who like doing the new content. Then decide if it needs changed after that month. 

Theres like 1000 new fishies!  I want them!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Y'all be careful, we asked for a "bump" to treasure chest loot, and look what it got us.  Tread lightly and be careful what ya wish for.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    I personally would just like to see baits changed to where the calculation is done differently.

Instead of
    "% chance of specific fish" being multiplied by 1.03,
     it needs to be 
    "% chance of specific fish" having 3% added. 

Assuming that the base chance is 1%,
    instead of being a 1%(1.03) = 1.03% chance, it needs to be 1%+3%=4%, or at worst 1%x3.0=3%.

The current bait numbers are only distinguishable from non-bait fishing on runs of tens of thousands of bait uses (in other words, it has has no observable effect).
    today my 120 fisher spent 6 hours 
    on regular SOS
    just to see if there was a variety of the chests

23 Rusty Chests
    with 2 Supply tmaps

10 Legacy Wood Chests
    18 Legacy Metal Chests
    with 4 supply tmaps

23 Gold Chests
    with 5 Cache tmaps

I'd say they are pretty much even.
    And I love the looks of all these new chests.