Those pesky new wall/old spots we can't connect together.

So I have been trying to find a way to bridge that gap with an item. Goza's and Paver both look kinda of okay, but wonky. I was hoping I could do the pouch pop thing for this spot but no go. I did find a few items (I am afraid to list here cause they may eliminate their ability thereby reducing our deco item list for odd things) but I would like to see a pouch be able to be dropped in a wall spot so we can place a wall there.

Has anyone found something to complete this with yet?

Comments

• Use Lava Stone Pavers?

Its been so long I dont remember the exact name but you can raise them up and walk on them like Gozas. You need lots of Lava Fishing Poles I think?!? Like I said it's been sooo long but I do know they come in different ingot hues
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I think I have one, I will see if it goes under a wall. Whatever it is, it needs to be able to go under a wall (or on the same tile as one) and then only take up half the wall or it pokes through.

On the thread where people were talking about the dead spot on keeps, I had posted, if they let us lower things down through the floors it could help with this as well.  I could place a new wall piece above and lower it down.

Here is a picture of one of the spots for reference.

• the problem is the very basic difficulty of house building, six walls, identical, all sitting in the same spot on the tile...  confounding, for sure

I mean, really, it would have made at least a *little* sense if the artwork for each wall was different, but it isn't...  
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited August 2019

There's two solutions.

One; Mesanna gives in and lets us customize our own keeps and castles.  Unlikely.

Two; This time vote for a design done by someone with customization in mind.

All that has to be done to allow for some very varied floor plans is for the designer either to put in the appropriate wall pieces with the connecting notches already in place, OR, my personal preference, leave out that wall piece so that that the player can simply put in whichever wall piece they want.  A connecting or non-connecting piece.
  • Im leaving out wall pieces this time again even if some ppl seem to be scared to use masonry due to lag. I doubt filling in gaps with masonry walls wouldnt do that much. The old castles improved with masonry could have loads of floor tiles stairs and walls and be very laggy. Spme inner wall or dorways is a whole different thing.
    I saw ppl last time put different coloured masonry in to show how they are thinking or different options fot the ppl that has not used masonry walls before. 
    ..And what happened to the new pieces heard of on a meet and greet? I had a feeling they would come this round.. I would be happy if the most traditional sets atleast were completed .. The late one garg style seems alot more work to do..
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited August 2019

All that has to be done to allow for some very varied floor plans is for the designer either to put in the appropriate wall pieces with the connecting notches already in place
    Am building for future Masonry Customization in mind - cos if my castle is selected, I want it.

I also get very irritated when I cannot close a hole in the wall - and both my castles are drafty because of it. I tell my RP-ing mind that is so Sherry the Mouse can go in and out of areas without having to gnaw new holes...

It really bothers my OCD-ness and I know my father (a master carpenter) would be screaming about whatever architect left holes in house design. 
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    depending on where the gap is  you can RAISE stuff up to fill in a gap.

ie that piece highlighted there has been lifted up from the floor below.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Cool , never thought of that. So the ground floor is the real problem then. Also not having the low walls in classic castle stone is annoying. Some sets have three hights of walls but not the classic set..
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Cool , never thought of that. So the ground floor is the real problem then. Also not having the low walls in classic castle stone is annoying. Some sets have three hights of walls but not the classic set..
    I usually place a small wall on top to get the effect. 
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Cool , never thought of that. So the ground floor is the real problem then. Also not having the low walls in classic castle stone is annoying. Some sets have three hights of walls but not the classic set..
    Just craft small walls you can stack em too.  Make the walls any height you want.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Yes i know how but the less masonry I can have , the better this time. I put loads and loads of masonry in one caste and it became unbareably laggy when the masonry walls came out. When the competitions started I happily removed it all and thought I will find a new design to convert to... But I still have not found anything. Te castle content is still packed in bags and im getting crazy. My designs on TC has some masonry suggestions and options but let me wish half walls for the future! 

• Time for a 18x18 contest?