Publish 106 - Aquariums ...

While it’s nice that the old house aquariums are getting an update, will there be an update to the aquarium “rewards”, as well?
~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    *quietly begs for an aquarium reward that can 'preserve' a fish outside of an aquarium*

The fishbowls are nice, but you can't actually see the creature. The art on these fish is very lovely. Imagine a house design like the bottom of Gravewater Lake! Pretty pretty please?
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Is there somewhere on test shard we can look at the new aquariums?

I started to make my own but with no workable Glass or Live Rock seems like a lot of work just to take a look.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited August 2019

At GM Carpentry, there is 5% base success chance. The living rock is not consumed with failures, but the workable glass is. Each ASoS has one living rock in it (non stackable) and at least 2 ancient aquarium nets (non stackable). I have also gotten Ocean Sapphire (stackable, I don't know the use yet) and Salted Serpent Steak (don't have a second one yet to see if they stack, and I don't know the purpose. When I get a second, I will try to eat it!) Out of 10 ASoS, there were 6 of the new style chest. Rest of the loot seemed as usual. The aquariums are all house deeds, and can face 2 directions - redeed to choose differently. The small aquarium is single tile with one facing. They are animated (lovely!) They have a different background image than the classic tank when viewing the tank contents, but are still seen only one creature per page. The wall tank takes up 3x1 and is unpassable, but items can be placed below it. A bit of finagling can get something like this:

I love them!

<3 
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Thank you they look good
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Tanager said:

I have also gotten Ocean Sapphire (stackable, I don't know the use yet) and Salted Serpent Steak

Explore some of the crafting menus - I have. the steaks do stack btw
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    ooooo!!!
    time to dust off my fishing soulstone!! :)