New Vendors

123457»

Comments

• It's all my fault. I admit it.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    edited July 2019
    post removed by Rorschach

^ This. I so agree. 
    UO needs to go back to the KISS concept...
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Yes keep it simple.

Vendor takes up house storage with a one time sales tax.

If that isn't to your taste keep using the existing vendors with unlimited storage.

PS I like the new Tmaps 
  • At the meet and greet tonight, Mesanna said that the new vendors will be introduced in the next publish! No details were given except that they'd be on test center for testing.

Based on the year-long road map, the publish should be coming out in September, which means testing should be starting within the next couple weeks or so.
  • LeonidasLeonidas Posts: 30
    Coming Soon*

Wondering about the acc mgmt.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    seems like the simple fix would be to have the vendors inventory count toward its owners house storage and not the house storage where its placed.
    North_LS said:
    seems like the simple fix would be to have the vendors inventory count toward its owners house storage and not the house storage where its placed.
    Still haven't seen anything to indicate they are removing the existing type of vendor. So I don't think rental vendors will be affected by the new type. 

But we will see in a week or two.
  • Tim said:
    North_LS said:
    Still haven't seen anything to indicate they are removing the existing type of vendor. So I don't think rental vendors will be affected by the new type. 

But we will see in a week or two.
    According to the newsletter, "This type of vendor will be in addition to the original style of vendor." So if anyone doesn't like the new vendor, you can still keep using the old vendor and let those of us who have wanted a new one enjoy that one. From what we know so far, nothing will change if you don't want it to.

Just to clarify, when I said, "which means testing should be starting within the next couple weeks or so.", that was speculation on my part. I assume that testing will last for roughly 2-4 weeks. August is in two days and September is the expected release of the publish.

Honestly, this probably has me more excited than anything else this year.
    I'd feel the same way except 

Now I have to finally get around to cleaning my house to make room  :'(
  • Tim said:

We don’t for sure what the current implementation looks like. So I wouldn’t go too crazy trashing stuff until we know for sure. 
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Agreed, now I can maybe sell some things finally!  Never had excess gold to just feed a vendor to sell a few things.  Looking forward to it  :)
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Put me in for new vendors should NOT use house storage. I run a lot of vendors and at least 10 are aimed at new players. My vendors are always stocked. This would kill my storage. A simple *gasps* solution would be a set fee when item sells or even when stocked. Lets not overthink this...
    Tim said:

We don’t for sure what the current implementation looks like. So I wouldn’t go too crazy trashing stuff until we know for sure. 
    Once again trying to be a wit and getting half way there.  :)

But yes don't panic or get carried away until we see what is actually implemented and once again if the existing vendors work for you it shouldn't change anything for you.
  • LeonidasLeonidas Posts: 30
    They want you to use all house storage available, bc if you dont have enough space, means you need another house, another house means another subs, win win
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Tim said:

But yes don't panic or get carried away until we see what is actually implemented and once again if the existing vendors work for you it shouldn't change anything for you.
      It wouldn't be UO if people didn't panic and threaten to close all their accounts over proposed ideas that no one knows the specifics.
  • This is finally on test center!!! Please go check it out and leave your feedback in the test forum. 

@Norry started a thread already and I think it may be easier for the deva to follow one thread instead of many. 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4714/commision-vendors#latest
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    In an effort to aggregate feedback, please use the TC thread.  Thank you for the continued feedback.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4714/commision-vendors#latest
This discussion has been closed.