Multiclienting

I feel like having one primary subbed account dragging 9 endless journeys thru encounters for 10x the rewards has gotten out of hand. Any plans to address this? 

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 148
    I can't help but wonder if dragging extra EJ chars around is causing bugs.

Especially High Seas bugs. 

• Nikard said:
    Any plans to address this? 
    Nothing they can do other than remove EJ or hire dozens of GM's.  Both will waste money so I doubt it. 
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Nikard said:
    I feel like having one primary subbed account dragging 9 endless journeys thru encounters for 10x the rewards has gotten out of hand. Any plans to address this? 
    They turned a blind eye on every multiboxer paying his subs and now they wonder more and more people are doing it...

If only someone told them...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    EJ was a waste of dev time,  period.
    Would have been better to keep with the RTB, with full benefits and abilities, for a month every year...but they were too slack to code it up where the RTB houses would fall when it was over.

Oh well, things like this, who coulda foreseen it?  
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    Your Title says 

Multiclienting

But all I see is multiboxer chat here, which is of course is Illegal.  Multi Clienting is not Illegal, as you may open and run as many multiclients that you can.  When I was doing the Beacons I would run three open clients switching between the three to attack, heal etc..  I had a forth as backup in case we all died.

Multiboxering is where you have one client controlling several other clients, one command they turn left, one command they heal, etc..  

I reported on one such person for doing just that during the Halloween event, they were running at least 6.  You know it when you see it, they all move as one, they all cast spells as one.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 300
    what about auto attacking lets say you have 2-3 archers ej account auto attacking with arrows,  while you are on other client, is this illegal or legal
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Auto-defend shouldn't be illegal.  However, being able to make them all attack at once with one mouseclick is.

• DerajDeraj Posts: 85
    If the gameplay is so simplistic and elementary that it's possible to drag 9 dummy accounts through an encounter, then perhaps we have bigger problems.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    edited August 2019
    Deraj said:
    If the gameplay is so simplistic and elementary that it's possible to drag 9 dummy accounts through an encounter, then perhaps we have bigger problems.
    I agree. Any high end reward content should be made quite impossible to do without 100% attention to your ONE character. This is just ridiculous to be in control of more than one character at a time.

When you go bowling with your friends, do you throw two or more balls down the alley at a time for an "edge"? 

I digress though as am sure it is here to stay.

Kyronix already realized there was a bug with multi clienting in High Seas with the frost cannon ball drops.  Now that bug only personally caused an issue with people multi clienting, but what other bugs are happening because of this?

Are pets going wild due to this? Beacons shooting back after orcs killed? Not that bizarre if it screwed up the drop rate on rewards for the Pirate quest.

I just know I don't multi client and have never lost a tamed pet or had it go wild and have not had issues with beacons in a long time and hunt them every day.

If I am way off base here, fine, but since a bug was proven to be caused by multi clienting this should be looked into at least.

So all I ask, is for when people complain about bugs, losing pets, etc give the poor devs all the information!  Let them know two things straight away:  CC or EC? Single Client or Multi Client?

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited August 2019
    Grace said:
    Deraj said:
    I agree. Any high end reward content should be made quite impossible to do without 100% attention to your ONE character. This is just ridiculous to be in control of more than one character at a time.

When you go bowling with your friends, do you throw two or more balls down the alley at a time for an "edge"? 

I digress though as am sure it is here to stay.

Kyronix already realized there was a bug with multi clienting in High Seas with the frost cannon ball drops.  Now that bug only personally caused an issue with people multi clienting, but what other bugs are happening because of this?

Are pets going wild due to this? Beacons shooting back after orcs killed? Not that bizarre if it screwed up the drop rate on rewards for the Pirate quest.

I just know I don't multi client and have never lost a tamed pet or had it go wild and have not had issues with beacons in a long time and hunt them every day.

If I am way off base here, fine, but since a bug was proven to be caused by multi clienting this should be looked into at least.

So all I ask, is for when people complain about bugs, losing pets, etc give the poor devs all the information!  Let them know two things straight away:  CC or EC? Single Client or Multi Client?

Kyronix didn't say there was a bug with multi clienting, he said "Specific to boats with a crew >1". 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited August 2019
    eay fix just turn off those drops for endless journey.   would help with with the bots in blackthorns dungeon farming minax arties too. 

as far as i know endless journey cant get arty drops like crimson cincture, and cant get EM drops (because ive tried)  probably pretty easy to just turn it off.  im assuming its intended.

i havent done any of the new pirate stuff, but if i did i of course would bring 7 endless journey accounts if its intended. (max chest drops is 8 i think?)

i would prefer not too, but not much point in just bringing one when everyone else bringing 8 characters, and the characters dont even have to be trained or have gear.