Where is the character naming policy for UO located?

Where is the character naming policy for UO located?

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    http://broadsword.com/terms.html

You may not select or use as a User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; use as a User ID a name subject to any rights (including trademarks or copyrights) of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or use as a User ID a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. Broadsword reserves the right to refuse registration of, or to cancel, a User ID in its sole and absolute discretion.
  • I think Contact Support is a great name! ;)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    After 20 yrs of observation, I believe the following:

It depends on the mood of whoever answers the call on that particular day.
    It depends on who has the name (who the other chars are)
    It depends on who paged on them.

I have seen some pretty mild names get in trouble, and yet, I could go sit at Atl bank or Atl Luna for a while, and see even worse running around freely.
    THIS ^^^^^^
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    "a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. "  Here is t he problem literally everything can be construed as offensive, vulgar or obscene by someone.  Lets face it UO has bigger issues than questionable names.
    alls that is is one of those legal catch all clauses that gives them the right to do as they please after all it is their game.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    yup
  • began playing in the spring of 2000, came from another game and wanted to use the names I'd had there....  made Keeper, no problem, but they would not let me have Flint....  tried over and over again and finally had to change the spelling, never could figure that one out
  • began playing in the spring of 2000, came from another game and wanted to use the names I'd had there....  made Keeper, no problem, but they would not let me have Flint....  tried over and over again and finally had to change the spelling, never could figure that one out
    Me either, considering i have several Characters named Flint.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo