Best way to farm Minax artifacts?

anyone know if the type of mob increases the chances?  like if the balron has a higher chance than the mages?  does high luck increase chances?  is there a difference between fel and tram?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Higher HP things drop more per capita. But RNG is involved.  If you can kill the Captains you will get one from them unless you are horribly unlucky.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • croy6325croy6325 Posts: 4
    i completely forgot about the captains!  tyvm!
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    Captains drop 2 minax artifacts each, the right templates can kill a captain in 5 minutes or so. I was getting 30/hr or so.
  • Nikard said:
    Captains drop 2 minax artifacts each, the right templates can kill a captain in 5 minutes or so. I was getting 30/hr or so.
    What template is that? My guild typically goes in with 3-4 total tamers using new pets and it can take longer than that with 3-4 of us. Typical pets include Bane Dragon, Triton, and Fire Beetle. We originally used warriors but it was even slower.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    A guy on LS plays for a few weeks and stops for a few months.  He uses a Mage with some necro.  He decided to do the Captains earlier this year. He casts EVs and machine guns fireballs and uses necro debuffs.  He was able to solo all the Captains in 15 min each.  He got his fill of items and has not returned.  Took him many hours of practice and tweeking to get to where he could do them all solo and down to 15 min each.

He refuses to divulge his template, but he would call out in chat for anyone that wanted to join him.

Most of the captains are nasty on pets.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    On some shards there are players farming the mage room 24/7 all week. Every second fully attended of course B)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    JollyJade said:
    On some shards there are players farming the mage room 24/7 all week. Every second fully attended of course B)
    I think you might find that information is out of date. Stand too long in one place and you find yourself teleported into the cells with the brigands and dismounted, this happens to attended players who fail to move around too.
    Nikard said:
    What template is that? My guild typically goes in with 3-4 total tamers using new pets and it can take longer than that with 3-4 of us. Typical pets include Bane Dragon, Triton, and Fire Beetle. We originally used warriors but it was even slower.

This is my blackthorn setup, my char uses soulstones to swap between paladin, dragoon, sampire, as needed. I would recommend to most to use parry instead of magic resist in this template for blackthorns.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    JollyJade said:
    I think you might find that information is out of date. Stand too long in one place and you find yourself teleported into the cells with the brigands and dismounted, this happens to attended players who fail to move around too.
    @Petra_Fyde

Considering the various "anti-scripting" measures which regular players have been having to deal with over the years (I think also about the randomization of resources spawn...), I wonder whether scripting detection software would have not been a better way in Ultima Online to deal with AFK scripting...

I mean, those who know how to script, can still work around many of these anti-scripting measures which, in the end, then become more of an annoyance to regular players rather then really counter much AFK scripting as a whole...

Take randomized resources, for example.... while it is a large annoyance (and waste of time) for regular players, the players who AFK script, instead, will only need to run their AFK scripts for longer to overcome the issue with resources randomization and, actually, would then be able to sell at a higher price the high end resources that they get......
    I am timing myself right now, averaging 3 to 5 minutes per captain, 2 artifacts each, so 24-40 artifacts per hour. 
    edited August 2019
    popps said:
    JollyJade said:
    @ Petra_Fyde

Considering the various "anti-scripting" measures which regular players have been having to deal with over the years (I think also about the randomization of resources spawn...), I wonder whether scripting detection software would have not been a better way in Ultima Online to deal with AFK scripting...

I mean, those who know how to script, can still work around many of these anti-scripting measures which, in the end, then become more of an annoyance to regular players rather then really counter much AFK scripting as a whole...

Take randomized resources, for example.... while it is a large annoyance (and waste of time) for regular players, the players who AFK script, instead, will only need to run their AFK scripts for longer to overcome the issue with resources randomization and, actually, would then be able to sell at a higher price the high end resources that they get......
    Thread officially derailed.. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What he said ^^^^^^
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    So let's get it back on track please?
    I love me some damage in the morning  :D

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Are there slayers for the captains? Does RC work or is it dispelled immediately? 

I havent done this since it was new and am interested but find melee rather boring. 
  • Urge said:
    Are there slayers for the captains? Does RC work or is it dispelled immediately? 

I havent done this since it was new and am interested but find melee rather boring. 
    Slayers work for the spawn around the captain, but not the captain themselves. No clue on RC, but I imagine that would take a a very long time.

From my experience, you need to be a tamer or warrior. Use a pet/weapon that isn't 100% physical or have chiv for consecrate weapon.
    There are two types of captains, one type has very low resist and very high hp ( mages can sometimes be effective on it) the others have very high resists and relatively low hp ( very bad for mages)

i have a friend that sometimes joins me on his mystic mage, mostly cross heals and uses word of death at the end- the word is quite effective 
  • DerajDeraj Posts: 85
    It's been awhile since I've farmed for minax artifacts, but when I did I usually went after the captains. My template is Swords/Tactics/Bushido/Parry/Healing/Anat. I wouldn't advise using a sampire because some of the captains have anti-life leech abilities. I used a bladed staff for armor ignore (for the captains with resist) and a double axe for double strike (for the captains with no resist). Both weapons need to have max hit lightning as well. My method probably isn't the absolute fastest way to do it but with persistence you can rack up the artifacts in what might be considered a reasonable amount of time.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2019
    Urge said:

It takes a good time but it's doable with stealth/RC/sleep/bombard/WoD. Depends on the captain and their resists as others said already. Deffo more than 5min per captain haha.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    To clarify, there is no efficient way to solo on a mage, some of the captains will destroy you. If you are playing support for a paladin however, word of death will get you the drops.