Magic Untrap no longer untraps regular NPC boxes.

OkamiOkami Posts: 61
I don't know if this was just a sledgehammer fix to prevent the treasure hunting system from being able to benefit from the unlock and untrap spells, but was going through some locked crates in the yew cemetery graveyard and magic untrap was not removing the traps from any crates.

If it was intended to remove magic untrap from the game completely, could it be replaced with a different functioning spell?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    There are no locked crates in Yew cemetery graveyard, unless they are part of an EM event on your shard?  I have checked normal crates and chests in Yew Crypt and Despise dungeon. Telekenisis works as expected on them, magic untrap was not the spell previously used. Perhaps you are using the wrong spell?
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Gm magery used to be enough to unlock lvl 2 chests and crates, some of which were in yew crypts.
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    Mariah said:
    There are no locked crates in Yew cemetery graveyard, unless they are part of an EM event on your shard?  I have checked normal crates and chests in Yew Crypt and Despise dungeon. Telekenisis works as expected on them, magic untrap was not the spell previously used. Perhaps you are using the wrong spell?
    The Tenebrae room from last year's Halloween Event.

And if untrap is not used to untrap containers, then what -does- the spell do?

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Magic Untrap was used to remove traps on chests that were Magically Trapped with the mage spell. That had very limited purpose, mostly player griefing. The Magic Untrap spell no longer removes the spell Magic Trap on a wooden/metal container, and, as far as I can tell, has been completely removed from usefulness.