Treasure Hunter conversion

Hi! I just came back to the game and i need help to convert my old Treasure Hunter template.

Currently, my stat are :

100 Cartography
100 Lock Pick
100 Magery
100 Resisting Spell
100 Eval Int
100 Focus
100 Meditation

But.. it's seem that i need some "remove trap" skill now to hunt treasure...

Any one have advise for me ? 
we are a team of 2-3 returning players and we realize tonight... after finding a level 4 chest.. killing the mob and unlocking the chest... that i need remove trap to see the color of gold ;-) 

Fred / Solaris
P.S: Sorry if my english is not perfect.. not my first langage ;-)

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    If that were my character I would drop focus, get some MR on my suit, take magery to 120 if i could find a power scroll and train remove trap

However, you can use remove trap without actually having points in the skill, it will take longer, you will fail more often and more ancient guardians will spawn, but you will succeed.
  • FredFred Posts: 2
    Thanks. I will follow your advise. 

• BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    Another variant I've seen would be 
    Drop Med and Resist spells (or Med and Eval)
    Add RT & Mysticism, take Mysticism to 120.

A lot of old mage TH are now Mystic T-Hunters.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Remember that magic unlock will open levels 1-3 no lock picking needed.  I run a 2nd char with lock picking for Levels 4-5.  I used to do T maps with a mage/thief but changed up to a tamer/mage back when pub 22 came out.  My nightmare has Mysticism and its awesome to see it toss boulders or cast mast sleep.  If you go with the tamer be sure to read up on training up your battle pets, My mare is a five slots pet.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598