If the beacons at sea are permanent content they need to be fixed

psychopsycho Posts: 284
Though Id share my experience here.

I find a beacon totally at the server line, I cant sail around it as the ship will jump over the server line. But OK, I find a way and kill all the orcs.  The beacon keep firing even with no orcs, my ship becomes scuttled. but OK I fight the beacon with cannons and destroy it. I dont receive any maritim cargo after its destroyed.

SO to sum it up;
My ship is completely scuttled, my cannon was destoryed, I didnt get any maritim cargo, and Ive spendt 25mins on all of this.

Its not exactely good gaming experience.

now for reference Ive done a hundred of these beacons, and I do love the game.
But experiences like this doesnt make me happy.

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Problem is, if you need the crates to turn in for rewards, it should be fixed so you can get the crates.  In a timely manner, before all of it becomes a moot point.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Heres another story from just now:

I run around the sea with my boat for over an hour trying to find a beacon, I finally find one. Ofcourse at the server line cant sail around it but I kill the orcs still. Orcs is dead, I try maneuvr my ship for the cannon to be in right place, i accidently cross the server line. Cant turn back because some stupid sea serpent spawned. i have to sail away then cross serverline and back to the beacon.   Guess what, no orcs but the beacon is still fireing.

Since I dont have all cannons on my ship I need to meneuver ship to top of the beacon to hit it, BOOM my ship is scuttled. Now I need repairs to move. Since my ship is in fell it was looted earlier today I gotta go shop new boards/cloth. Meanwhile im out shopping I read in party system my other chars is dying cuz the beacon still fires again and again.

I go back to ship with materials to repair, NO CANNONS because they been destroyed. OK, I emergency repair my ship, BOOM scuttled. guess I have to time the repair between the beacons fires, new round of materials, ship emergency repaired and I move it into place.  hey wait, NO CANNONS. Lets mount a new cannon, no wait I cant cuz im not near land Im at sea and some stupid serverline. I let my pets attack the beacon instead,  oh jeez, this gonna take a while, were talking about 1 hour+ here.

My ship isnt just scuttled at 40% its scuttled at 0% now, NOT looking forward to the emergency repair slow ship movement to a nearby shore then repair of 3kboards/cloth grind.

Im not gonna sum this story up, but im mad as he..
    Another very bad gaming experience with these beacons. I just wish the content was removed, be done with it.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Put a mythic crate on every pirate/merchant ship and just delete all the danged beacons.  The novelty has worn off anyway, especially since they evidently cant be fixed before time runs out.  The clock is ticking, ya know...
  • BruceBruce Posts: 27
    I've abandoned the plunder beacon hunt, it's too bugged. I'm glad to report that pirates are actually staying in their ships now, and are available for pet training.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I have one thing to say about pirate ships, Less flaming cannonballs more ship drops.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2019
    Bump... I mean we all agree it's not as pressing as the carto glasses... but now that they are out of the way.... just wondering.... maybe...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    We are still investigating this issue, and have yet to be able to 100% reproduce it internally - so if anyone would like to submit additional information you can email uo@broadsword.com.  As was mentioned at the M&G on Chesapeake Monday night, this is something we hope to find a solution for with the current publish.
    Thank you for the investigation of this issue.

Wish I had more info on how to reproduce it, from what Ive seen in common its either at a serverline, near land or two beacons spawning right next to eachother.

Ive not had any isues with beacons firing with no orcs in the middle of sea.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Kyronix said:
    We are still investigating this issue, and have yet to be able to 100% reproduce it internally - so if anyone would like to submit additional information you can email uo@ broadsword.com.  As was mentioned at the M&G on Chesapeake Monday night, this is something we hope to find a solution for with the current publish.

It only happens in Tokuno. Kill beacons until one is close to land, then it will continue firing.  There are pictures in this thread.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4488/beacons-still-firing-cannons-after-orc-crew-is-dead#latest
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:

It only happens in Tokuno.

Disagree.   I only hunt in felucca and ive ran into multiple beacons firing with no orcs.
    Agree on the part where its close to land.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    psycho said:

two beacons spawning right next to each other.

when they are next to each other
    kill the orcs on the first beacon
    kill the 4 orcs  (on 2nd beacon) closest to the 1st beacon 
    then you can take out the first beacon
    then finish the 2nd beacon...

if you do that, then they shouldn't fire...

I did this with my husband, when we had three beacons in a row
    and none of them fired on us

• BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    It's gotten to where the friends I sail with won't even attempt beacons at certain spot because of the high probability of the bug. 

On the other hand, we've also had 3-5 of them line up in a straight line (or spawn right on top of us a half-screen away, before we can clear the rubble to sail elsewhere)

Any thought of upping the damage of the fire cannonballs, considering they do 20% less than a normal cannonball? If they are going to be special rewards, they should be better, not inferior.