How do we get Skeleton Keys?

I have done several hundred chests and got 2 only 10packs of Skeleton Keys.  Are we supposed to go back to the lockpicks or what?

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Assassin maps.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    yesterday I got a master skeleton key from an Assassin Supply map in Malas
    I haven't seen the plain ones yet 
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited July 2019
    Parnoc said:
    I have done several hundred chests and got 2 only 10packs of Skeleton Keys.  Are we supposed to go back to the lockpicks or what?
    You don't. It's nerfed on purpose.

Sad how it was stated over and over during development, still @Kyronix choose to roll this huge nerf out. I guess just tagging Kyronix will get my post removed though when @Mariah wakes up.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Yeah I don';t post much anymore, saves the mods the effort of pulling my posts
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Skeleton keys are found in assassin supply chests on all facets. They are more rare than they used to be, so I'm keeping mine for the higher end maps and using some of the 300+ lockpicks I got from Khaldun boxes for the lower ones.
    Maybe they should be more rare, more 'special'. They were so common, after all, that people asked for a way to combine them to reduce the storage they took up. 
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    What is worse, in my opinion, is that the "Master" Skeleton Keys are now pretty much useless, and DON'T stack! :(
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • ReywindReywind Posts: 17
    are they different from the skeleton keys you get for turning in trade orders to the fence? I still get a bunch of those
    Reywind said:
    are they different from the skeleton keys you get for turning in trade orders to the fence? I still get a bunch of those
    The "master" one are a different color, and have one use. They were AWESOME on the "old" level 7 chests, as they were guaranteed to unlock the chest 1st try. No items went *poof*. I have what WAS probably 100-150M gold worth of them, that are now just, pretty much,taking up lockdown space. :(
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    the old level 7 is now Trove - and trove maps are a lot more common than the 7s used to be. If you've got a master key, dig a trove map and use it.

I admit though, I never think of the stuff I dig up in terms of how much gold it's worth, just is it useful to me? and if not, do I know someone who would find it useful. I give away far more stuff than I ever sell. 
    the old level 7 is now Trove - and trove maps are a lot more common than the 7s used to be. If you've got a master key, dig a trove map and use it.

I admit though, I never think of the stuff I dig up in terms of how much gold it's worth, just is it useful to me? and if not, do I know someone who would find it useful. I give away far more stuff than I ever sell. 
    My point was, and is, that a semi/fairly expensive (additional) item has been made useless by the Treasure Map ner.., err, "upgrade/revamp". Also, why did my comment make you feel you had to mention that you "give away far more stuff than you ever sell"? So sure how that is pertinant to the discussion. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866

KHAN said:
    Reywind said:
    The "master" one are a different color, and have one use. They were AWESOME on the "old" level 7 chests, as they were guaranteed to unlock the chest 1st try. No items went *poof*. I have what WAS probably 100-150M gold worth of them, that are now just, pretty much,taking up lockdown space. :(
       Yea, the "Master Skeleton Key" is basically useless right now, perhaps they should allow that key to unlock the chest & remove the trap at the same time with 100% success chance. that would justify the additional pack space/lockdowns they might be taking up.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:

KHAN said:
    Reywind said:
       Yea, the "Master Skeleton Key" is basically useless right now, perhaps they should allow that key to unlock the chest & remove the trap at the same time with 100% success chance. that would justify the additional pack space/lockdowns they might be taking up.
    This is an EXCELLENT idea! @Kyronix

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    So we just go back to using lockpicks and live with one stone weight per lockpick that breaks easily?

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Slim the Fence gives quite a few.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Apologies, I guess the comment that sparked that thought was this one.
     I have what WAS probably 100-150M gold worth of them, that are now just, pretty much,taking up lockdown space. :(
    Parnoc said:
    So we just go back to using lockpicks and live with one stone weight per lockpick that breaks easily?

I have done about 100 tmaps since this publish has gone live with the same 5 lockpicks. 
    With GM lockpicking, none of them have broken.
    Apologies, I guess the comment that sparked that thought was this one.
     I have what WAS probably 100-150M gold worth of them, that are now just, pretty much,taking up lockdown space. :(
    Huh? LOL OK, I guess.
    Parnoc said:

I have done about 100 tmaps since this publish has gone live with the same 5 lockpicks. 
    The higher the level map, the more likely the chance they WILL break. On just level 1's and 2's probably not. I have done a lot of level 4 and 5 maps, and HAVE broken lockpicks
    KHAN said:
    Parnoc said:

The higher the level map, the more likely the chance they WILL break. On just level 1's and 2's probably not. I have done a lot of level 4 and 5 maps, and HAVE broken lockpicks
    I never did the higher level maps before, just the level 1-3...
    And I usually had one break after just doing 5 chests
    I would always start the day with 20 lockpicks and end up with 6-10 when i'd stop.
    edited July 2019
    KHAN said:
    Parnoc said:

Me too and I've had them break on Lv 2's.  I've had multiple breaks on Level 3's, 4's and 5's but my biggest problem is with all the changes to chests it stresses my chars ability to carry stuff or even put it in my pack from the chest to send to bank and lockpicks are one stone per pick where Skeleton Keys are one stone per 100.
    yesterday I did about 50 lvl 2s (trying for that +5 glasses)
    I got 4 master skeleton key and 1 skeleton key
    its weird that I'm getting more masters than the plain

Cinderlla that means you were 40 Skeleton Keys short and the ratio as far as I can tell is the same on all level chests.      How about upping the ratio of skeleton keys please @Kyronix????
    edited August 2019
    As we do more and more chests it's increasingly important to have the skeleton keys, lockpicks are a pain in the butt.  Suggestion:  Just get rid of the Master Skeleton keys and make that many more drops of regular skeleton keys.  Please @Kyronix ???  Oh and the new ones don't stack, could you please make them stackable?  :( ;) :)
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776

And before the 'new' changes you would of got about 6 in ten ingenious maps, so would of had at least 25 if not more with 50 maps.  Not to mention all the other stuff you would of got.  But it seems we are not allowed to compare any more if it is not positive feedback.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    MissE said:

And before the 'new' changes you would of got about 6 in ten ingenious maps, so would of had at least 25 if not more with 50 maps.  Not to mention all the other stuff you would of got.  But it seems we are not allowed to compare any more if it is not positive feedback.
    But why were skeletons keys specifically nerfed in t-maps? Were they overpowered in any way? Or just a side-effect that nobody at Broadsword thought of?
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    after I posted that, the next day, I got 5 regular & one master...
    JollyJade said:

But why were skeletons keys specifically nerfed in t-maps? Were they overpowered in any way? Or just a side-effect that nobody at Broadsword thought of?
    its probably because we got so many before...

at meet & greets, I saw so many people complain before about they threw away the lower level maps... so this revamp was to get people to do all levels of the map.

i saw complaints about the amount of essences you could get from the tmaps. 

but as for the skeleton keys...
    I know my treasure hunter threw away lot of them for the points. 
    I always kept one in my backpack and would throw it away when it got down to one.
    they did make it to where you could add them together.
    but now with items no longer being destroyed, do we really need them?
    Master keys are still handy to have for trove maps, if you want to avoid a grubber.
    One thing I haven't mentioned is my treasure hunter also carries an insured smuggler's tool box. If, by any remote chance, any treasure hunter on Europa wants one, I have several, I will give you one - I did put them on a vendor once (5k), but they don't sell.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I wouldn't say they're scarce.

These are from recent casual pace treasure hunting; looking for my +5 glasses. Still haven't found those. +4 is the best I've come up with so far. But I'm not hurting for skeleton keys. And as has already been said, it's sort of a non issue isn't it? Considering we don't lose items when failing locking picking. Break lockpicks and kill the grubbers. Or do a few Assassin chests and save the skeleton keys for your higher level chests.