N and W wall (Masonry)

I’m trying to use masonry items to build certain details of my house, but I can’t figure out a way to place walls on top of the existing northern and western wall (on the next floor of course), though I see examples of people managing it in-game. What am I missing?

Comments

• MadMartyrMadMartyr Posts: 61
    edited March 2018
    You can drop down a floor tile or goza, raise that up, then put the wall on top if you're having trouble.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
    Another alternative is to put the wall in a wooden box or crate, place the container where you want the wall to be, and chop it with an axe. The wall will be left where the box was.
    UWF Emissary
    edited March 2018
    And then I realized you're talking about the outside edges of the house.  I normally place stone tiles around the North and West sides and double-click to lock, then raise them to the desired height. It can be a time-consuming and frustrating process, but well worth it in the end.
    UWF Emissary
  • ButcherButcher Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    Thank you! I’ll experiment and post a screenshot once I’m done. Oh, actually I have a question. I am indeed talking about the outer edges. Do you lock stone tiles to raise one tile further into the house then? So the wall actually ends up being placed closer to the center of the plot (so it’s an optical illusion)? Or do you somehow actually place the stone wall where it’s supposed to be? I also feel I must mention that I’m talking about the last level, the very top.
    edited March 2018
    That's what I mean (highlighted yellow). That's what I want on every side of the house. S and E walls are easy. The opposite ones just don't allow placing anything on top whatever I do.
    edited March 2018
    The way you do it is to walk around the outside with Circle of Transparency on. From the outside you can put a tile under the very edge of the foundation (roughly half of the tile will be sticking out to the North or West). Think about how, when you use the customisation mode, if you put a wall on the North or West edge it kind of hangs off the plot.

Ideally, you do this before you start building anything else to ensure that you can see the tiles from inside the house to lock them down and raise them up.
    UWF Emissary
    edited March 2018
    Ah! I got it. Just tested it raising one tile all the way to the top floor. This game is insane, lol. Now... the rest of 33 tiles, oh god... :open_mouth:
    Happy to hear it! Good luck!
    UWF Emissary
    edited March 2018
    Done. All masonry pieces came from Molly Foxglove (RAA shop, Europa).
    Lookin' good!
    UWF Emissary