throwing and parry and Bushido oh my

it is my understanding that parry does not work with throwing ??
so i dropped parry and added focus
does evasion still work without parry ? it seems to me that is does not??

Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

Evasion was never intended to work with any ranged weapon. Parry was never intended to work with any ranged weapon.

If you found either of these to be true then that should be brought to dev attention.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Urge said:

Evasion was never intended to work with any ranged weapon. Parry was never intended to work with any ranged weapon.

If you found either of these to be true then that should be brought to dev attention.

i was able to use evasion when i had parry as a thrower @Kyronix
    not sure if it was supposed to work or not
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    I cannot find any information stating either way on this. 

Throwing weapons can be used in close proximity but damage is reduced. If ranged weapons of throwing are also coded as single tile melee this may be why evasion is working. It may be intended or an overlooked side effect.

A solid answer from the devs is needed on this for sure so the information can be shared  on guides. Good catch! 
  • Urge said:

Parry was never intended to work with any ranged weapon.

"

Shield Penalties

All the throwing weapons are one-handed in nature which allows the Thrower to equip a shield or other item in their off hand. The player will suffer a Defense and Hit Chance penalty for using a shield while using a throwing weapon. These penalties can be offset by investing skill points into Parrying. Player’s with no skill points in parry will have a minimum chance to hit."

Parry works with throwing.  No idea about evasion.  My understanding was its duration was based on skill. 

Cool. I had no idea. I automatically assumed parry on a thrower was similar to archery so I skipped looking that up.

Hopefully this fella didn't just unleash the next Fotm on accident. Pvp would suck with a bunch of evading dismount throwers lol.

• Wording, parry works with throwing, evasion works without parry.  Whether evasion works with throwing?  Not sure anymore.  It works with any defensible weapon.  Been too long since I had a thrower for me to remember. IIRC it did at one point.