Pet Commands and Pet AI

Im getting a bit frustrated - more than before...

Doing T-Maps with my Cu.. and the story goes like this...

Cu thinks: "Yummi - lot of tasties to try... Have to try all ...."
Me: " Grandma - Kill that Devorer..."
Cu: "Huh? Kill it?? Nah, I taste it a bit...then chug some other... oh - a revant!! Have to play play play!!!"
Me: "All stop! Grandma - Kill that Devorer!!! "
Cu: "Stop yelling, im busy getting gangbanged and whacked here... HAVE to taste everything!!!"
Me " Cast heal & supply bandages - telling Grandma to stop teasing the low levels and kill the real stuff"
Cu " Heal me Heal me - I have to taste everything!!!"
..... Cu goes grey trying to taste everything... not listning to his master while the minotours is hammering it...

How is it that the pet never listen anymore? This is kind of ridiculous being a legend tamer but not able to command the pet to stay on a target.
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Thats Pet AI.  Player targeting also does not work in crowds. Attack nearest mob will choose to aggro something at the edge of the screen instead of the 5 choices right next to you.

Pet AI:

In a crowd pets will attack something that aggroes them.  If surrounded they will not hit targets because before they do the attack, something hits them and they decide to stop and attack that instead. But before the attack they get hit and change targets again.  You can watch them do a death spin when surrounded by tough mobs. 

In Kaldun if 3 archers are in a large triangle you can see the pet go to one but the pet changes to another one before it gets there.  They could just stay there forever walking from target to target and not getting a chomp in before they change to another.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    edited July 2019
    I have noticed that whenever I do spawns, the pet sometimes dies because they cant focus on one target. When that happens I command it to guard me, sometimes that helps them to focus on that target  and usually they kill that target. However It is hard because sometimes I have to run and hide because I am getting killed while the pet is playing ring around the roses lol. 
  • MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    For not to meniton;

Pet Cast Enemy of One "Let me pick one on one fight with you!! - oh,  I want to try on someone else...all others"

- so pet goes on fighting other monsters than it has EoO with...
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, if a pet has a DoT effect like Bleed, Poison, or Cold Wind, it makes it even worse trying to get the pet to switch to a high priority target. Any creature with AoE capability (which prevents me from getting close to vet the pet) is a high priority target. Necro casters, mobs with Auras, Dimetrosaurs with Poison Breath, etc.
    It'd be awesome if they could change it to where when you give a Kill command, the pet locks onto that target until it's dead, and refuses to switch unless given another order. Like a diving Japanese kamikaze, only aborting the attack if the Emperor himself gives the direct order.

Mandrake said:
    For not to meniton;

Pet Cast Enemy of One "Let me pick one on one fight with you!! - oh,  I want to try on someone else...all others"

- so pet goes on fighting other monsters than it has EoO with...
    Why i avoid using a Chiv pet at Champs. Between EoO increasing damage taken by double, and Divine Fury lowering the pet's DCI into negatives...