So, Kyronix, about those pirates...

Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
Is the disappearing pirates and crews (expecially the bound ones) being investigated?  Seems awful quiet on this subject, and this IS gamebreaking, for those that like to play HS.  I was asked by two different people to post this, seems they didn';t want to stir the pot.  But being already semi-umpopular here, I told them I would :D  

Can we have, at least, an idea of what's happening and how close a fix is?

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Oh is that what that is? I came across an orc ship moving around with no crew, figured it was a stealthed player steering the ship with a dead alt. That's a thing on Siege. But this ship had crates like an NPC ship, and did not run away from me. Interesting to note... hope it gets fixed.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    my hubby was very upset with this yesterday.
    the first pirate disappeared after being binded, while he was looting the pirate's ship.
    And the next pirate disappeared after crossing the server line.

All orcs and merchants were disappearing too.
    He could scuttle the ships and loot them, but wanted to arrest pirates for the ship plans.

The punderbeacons exploding and sinking after only a few orcs were killed was also disappointing.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Anyone who encounters this issue needs to submit a bug report (bugs@uo.com or uo@broadsword.com) with as much detail as possible about which shard this occurred on, when, and what your facet and XYZ coordinates were.  We need as much detail to start investigating.  
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Don't know any of that, @Kyronix but if you will get ingame, go to Zento docks, sail S and SE from Zento docks, and try to  capture a pirate.

a.  You may find ships sailing with no crew nor pirates.

b.  If there is a crew or pirate, he will most likely disappear when about half dead.

c.  If perchance, you do manage to tie him up, he won't survive the trip over the server line without poofing.

The wife and her cronies were unable to turn in a single pirate for ships plans today, none of them made it. (due to the three problems above)

You don't need to pour over all that data being sent in, 30 minutes ingame and I am sure you can reproduce the problem several times (based on what's been going on with them).

Happy Sailing LOL

You don't need to pour over all that data being sent in, 30 minutes ingame and I am sure you can reproduce the problem several times (based on what's been going on with them).

Actually, we do.  One of the biggest hurdles to tracking down and fixing bugs is lack of information.  Sometimes there's a key step, variable, state that we don't have information on that prevents us 100% reproducing the issue so we can put in a fix, and then verify the fix actually worked.
    Any news yet on an ETA for the fix for this?
    Still have lots poofing pirates, and unmanned lighthouses shooting cannons 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @Kyronix ; Beacons are like they were on early TC.  If they are close to land they keep shooting.

:(
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776

Ok well today have tried 4 pirate ships today.  Wanted to train my triton.  Dread pirate despawns within about 4 mins every time.  Sometimes the orcs and dread despawn before you even finish scuttling it.  You can still scuttle the boat but is no crew on.  I did notice one boat moving with crates on it's deck but no pirates aboard.  Not sure it if when pets area attacking as in each case as soon as i put a pet on the dreads despawn, I thought initially it was the triton on the first three that caused the despawn, but on the forth I got out a mare and frost drake and same thing. Put pet on dread pirate despawns.

and yes, the beacons close to land keep shooting again as they used to before they were fixed.

Just did one two secs ago and coordinates are 141.56 n  44.26 w Tokuno.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    edited June 2019
    @Kyronix Still bugged

PIrate boat Tokuno 130.15n, 55.41w 

Scuttled boat, killed orcs, boarded
    put Dreadhorse onto dread pirate, dread pirate despawned after 1 min.

And again

Pirate boat 136.50n, 43.39w
    Scuttled boat, killed orcs, boarded
    Using archer on dread pirate, put on dreadhorse, dread pirate despawned after about 2 mins

Submitted a bug report yesterday, don't see much point in keeping submitting them as it is the same thing over and over.

Cheers MissE

edited June 2019
    This time got the dread pirate to 92% health before it despawned.

Seems the whole pirate/beacon experience is pretty broken.

No dread pirates, and the beacons near land (90% of em) are blowing your ship to bits once the orcs on it are dead.

Cheers MissE

edited June 2019
    OK today Merchant ship, fired on it once with cannons and the crew despawned. 27 june

Tokuno 132.42n 52.14w

you can still scuttle the ship and loot the hold/chests.

@Kyronix is this being worked on?

also pirate boat no crew on, can still scuttle and loot  134n 48w tokuno

Cheers MissE

We have identified the issue and addressed it already once before, although has been reported it is still occurring.  This appears to be isolated to Tokuno.  We are trying to avoid having to disable the Plunderbeacons in Tokuno and we appreciate your patience while we work through a solution. 
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited June 2019
    the despawning pirate crew is NOT limited to Tokuno. I have seen pirate ships with cargo crates sailing around without a crew around Jhelom just last week on Siege.
    the despawning pirate crew is NOT limited to Tokuno. I have seen pirate ships with cargo crates sailing around without a crew around Jhelom just last week on Siege.
    We have identified the underlying issue and are working through verifying the fix.  Keep an eye on UO.com for release details.  Thanks to everyone for the reports.
    Kyronix said:
    We have identified the issue and addressed it already once before, although has been reported it is still occurring.  This appears to be isolated to Tokuno.  We are trying to avoid having to disable the Plunderbeacons in Tokuno and we appreciate your patience while we work through a solution. 

So, and not being snarky, should we go ahead and unload our holds and move to trammel waters?  To be able to assure we can get more mythic crates?
    This should be resolved per the timetable on UO.com with regard to release.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2019

Forgotten Treasures Hotfixes

Posted on June 28, 2019 by UO Dev Team

6/28/2019

Greetings,

The following hotfixes will be deployed with each shard’s normal maintenance beginning June 29, 2019:

• The Legendary Mapmaker’s Glasses will no longer spawn with bonuses over +5.
    • Existing Glasses with a bonus higher than +5 will be reverted to +5.
    • Lenses will provide bonus to Cartography Skill over 100, allowing a player to get up to 105 Cartography.
    • Resolved issue which could cause NPC ship crews and pirates to randomly disappear.
    • Enabled the ability to bid on Magincia Stalls.

Thanks  (as long as the beacons stop firing also)

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited June 2019
    Yeah I understand the pirates are fixed...but see nothing about beacons...
    But got the feeling a few posts up that the beacon issue is separate and no time to fix other than turningt them off completely in Tok??     Maybe I read it wrong
  • briannabrianna Posts: 22
    beacons are still firing after the crews are dead happened both in tok and east of jhelom 3 different times this morning
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    brianna said:
    beacons are still firing after the crews are dead happened both in tok and east of jhelom 3 different times this morning
    It's a feature by now ;)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    JollyJade said:
    brianna said:
    It's a feature by now ;)

LOL in a few years after we have grown to love it, and work with it, it will be fixed...