When did Giant Beetles change?

When the animal training was added, they were 1 slot pets.

Now suddenly they're 2-3 slot pets? When did that change happen? And why?

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Are you sure the character you are using does not have a pre-patch beetle? They were not changed to 1 slot.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Well, maybe I'm wrong? But I had one fairly new untrained one in my stables that is suddenly 3 slots. But I just tamed two new ones and they're only 1? I don't know?
    Tanager said:
    Are you sure the character you are using does not have a pre-patch beetle? They were not changed to 1 slot.
    I know it's not pre-patch. I tamed it at the same time as the one I'm currently using, around Halloween of last year. The one I'm using was definitely a 1 slot beetle.
    Well, whatever the cause of that weirdnesse, it seems I was wrong, so just ignore me.  :D
    Well, bugs have a tendency to be weird, if it is a bugged bug hehe
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Tanager said:
    Wild tamables like Beetles, Cus, Hiryus changed to new slots at Pub 97.  Pre tamed ones would change to the new slot level when the training button was pushed.

Later a patch made the ones that did not have the training button pushed stay at the old slot #. (3 for a Beetle)

Before that second patch all pre patch 97 Beetles went from 3 to 1 when you pushed the button. 
    Many chose not to push the button or were not on during the time between patches. So those are stuck at 3 slots and Cus and Hiryus at 4 slot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Most of my characters that had beetles did not have lore or taming. Even if I could eventually get the beast's lore window up without any skill, I don't think I would get an option to push the training button. I had to get new beetles.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Tanager said:
    Most of my characters that had beetles did not have lore or taming. Even if I could eventually get the beast's lore window up without any skill, I don't think I would get an option to push the training button. I had to get new beetles.
    My crafter is human. Her fire beetle and Giant beetle changed to 1 slot when she clicked the button.  You could have worn 2 +15 lore jewels and got the screen quick.  They require no taming skill to use.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.