Skull Longsword in 2 hues

Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

White is Hue ID 2500
Gold is Hue ID 0

I like the white color, looks almost like an actual skull.

(Specials: Armor Ignore and Concussion Blow. 'Cause someone will ask.)

-Arroth

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Is it white because it's brittle?
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

I'm gonna guess the color is random and it's Brittle because that one is way more powerful than the golden one.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    What are the specials?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited June 2019
    exceptional versions of the "Skull" weapons aren't able to be reforged, probably a bug.

tested with the 'Skull Gnarled Staff'

they do look pretty good though =D
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    exceptional versions of the "Skull" weapons aren't able to be reforged, probably a bug.

Did you try ones that dropped in Artisan chests? I think those are the only ones that can be modified.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Margrette said:
    CovenantX said:

Did you try ones that dropped in Artisan chests? I think those are the only ones that can be modified.
        They're the only ones that drop as exceptional, the rest are randomly generated. so yes.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019

Ok, maybe it's been like this forever I and just never noticed, but @Margrette is correct, Brittle item's are Hue ID 2500. Antique, Cursed, Prized, and Normal are Hue ID 0.

Here is a pack showing Normal/Prized/Cursed/Antique items in the left column and matching Brittle versions in the right column. The Cutlass are Antique, Cursed, and Brittle, left to right.

Has it always been this way? Have I really just never noticed? It would not surprise me. I honestly just don't remember all items having 2 hues.

-Arroth

Ok, maybe it's been like this forever I and just never noticed, but @ Margrette is correct, Brittle item's are Hue ID 2500. Antique, Cursed, Prized, and Normal are Hue ID 0.

Here is a pack showing Normal/Prized/Cursed/Antique items in the left column and matching Brittle versions in the right column. The Cutlass are Antique, Cursed, and Brittle, left to right.

Has it always been this way? Have I really just never noticed? It would not surprise me. I honestly just don't remember all items having 2 hues.

Yeah, it's been that way ever since those properties were added.  
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2019
    Ok. Honestly did not know that. Learn something new in UO all the time.
    -Arroth