Mining question/observation

Hail fellow Sosarians ! I have been spending some time mining lately, due to a failure by me and not properly locking down my ingot chest. So things are not really that bad though it is a long tedious task to mine up enough ore to get bods complete. I decided to use the Garg pick axe and the prospectors tool. I have read that both items will raise the ore level by one and they stack. That is great so i went ahead and grabbed the ole fire beetle and off we go. I started with a regular pick-axe and then switched to the garg Pickaxe and was still receiving normal ore. How is this possible? If using the garg pick axe you should not get any iron ore. Unless the garg pick axe only raises the level on colored ingots. So i tried to use a regular axe, prospect tool then garg axe and was still receiving 40-60 percent iron ore. This make no sense seeing that mine deposits are random what am I spending bod points on these items for if they only partially work(not overly angry or anything I am just curious)? 

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209

Are you GM mining?

Here's the best mining tip I can offer. Do something else for gold and buy the ingots. It's much quicker.

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    alternatively scuttle merchant ships and you will only get colored ingots
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    You always get a mix of coloured ore and iron when you hit a coloured ore vein.

You bump up what colour can be mined though so its working as described.

Being an elf helps you get a higher rate of coloured ore out of the vein.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Chrille said:
    You always get a mix of coloured ore and iron when you hit a coloured ore vein.

You bump up what colour can be mined though so its working as described.

Being an elf helps you get a higher rate of coloured ore out of the vein.

If his skill is low and he hits a high end vein, it'll all be iron.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    Urge that wasnt his question or concern though it was that he recevied 40-60% iron from coloured veins.
  • Thanks for the tips all. I am GM miner and also use the mining gloves. I agree there are better easier ways to get ingots. Just thought id do a little mining. I guess the question should be where do those dirty nasty pirates get all thee ore.... they sure the heck are not mining for it lol. Have a great Day all.