What Skills are now needed for T-Hunting?

Cartography
Lockpicking
Remove Trap

Is that all you need or does Detect Hidden have any bonuses?
ICQ 568300481

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    You do not need detect hidden anymore for disarming traps with the remove trap skill.
  • RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192
    Okay, so just the 3 main skills now. After that just whatever you need to survive?
    ICQ 568300481
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited June 2019

I would just like to point out that you don't actually need Cartography or Remove Trap. This is a technicality, but it is worth keeping in mind.

(This is all as of the last TC release, I have not checked any of this on Live yet. If someone else wants to confirm/deny, please do so.)

You can dig up all maps including Trove with 0 Cartography skill. Cartography affects the chances to get a Gold chest, but not your chances to successfully dig up the chest.

You can also remove the trap on all chests, including Trove, with 0 Remove Trap skill. Remove Trap skill allows you to remove the trap with fewer attempts (and fewer Ancient Guardians), but 0 RT skill does not prevent you from successfully (eventually) removing the trap. 

I'm not saying you should run a t-hunter with 0 Cartog and 0 RT, I would not, but that low skill is technically an option.

-Arroth
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    If your magery skill is high enough you do not need the lock picking skill for the stash and supply chests because you can use the unlock spell.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Magery also unlocks cache chests.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    You also don't need lockpicking skill. My paladin with no skills in any of the three takes lockpicks and just keep failing until a grubber appears. The grubber unlocks the chest, grabs something, then runs off. Just go kill the grubber to get what he grabbed out then return and start with the RT portion. I do LP first, spawn the grubber, then RT and deal with the spawns. 

I've done this with Stash, Supply and Cache. It takes longer with each level. I would garner a guess that it may not work so well for the Trove or Horde chests at all due to skill and mobs - timer would probably run out on the chest.

Am now making a dedicated T-Hunting toon so my pally will probably not do maps anymore.