Why was this thread locked?

Now I don't have anything to add to the discussion, but I've been seeing this a lot lately where the forum moderators "feel" a post has served it's purpose or they don't agree with the content so they lock it up. Which TOS rule did they break? I thought it was an interesting discussion because it's true. Ultima should be advertised more and retro games are making a hella comeback. Just look at all the old revamps they're doing from Diablo to Final Fantasy. 

General UO content in the general discussion forum with no trolling or disrespectful behavior. Why the locked thread?

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    If you would have seen the threads that were deleted by the OP you would have known that it was really a troll thread meant to try and put down BS.  BS maintains DAoC/UO for EA not run its advertisement, if EA wanted its online games advertised then they would do so.  Knowing how tight wad EA is they are probably paying BS just enough to keep the door open and running.

IMHO the only reason people even bring this up is to try and slam BS when they know damn well that EA controls the purse strings not BS.  Do you see them telling EA to do this, no because alls they are trying to do is troll BS and they know it.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    1. That thread was started two days after the conclusion of the E3 event. It would have been pointless to be "hauling cookies" anywhere.

2. The thread was... inaccurate speculation being presented as fact.

3. The post was disrespectful and trollish in nature.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited June 2019
    Freelsy said:

Now I don't have anything to add to the discussion, but I've been seeing this a lot lately where the forum moderators "feel" a post has served it's purpose or they don't agree with the content so they lock it up. Which TOS rule did they break? I thought it was an interesting discussion because it's true. Ultima should be advertised more and retro games are making a hella comeback. Just look at all the old revamps they're doing from Diablo to Final Fantasy. 

General UO content in the general discussion forum with no trolling or disrespectful behavior. Why the locked thread?

Hear ya, but deaf ears on the moderator side. Sometimes it feels like they picked up all the old locking guard from stratics. Couple of people already argued it's very unprofessional to not explain their reasonsing. But yea, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink ;) Some people here get away with personal insults, others are deemed "trollish" only by typing 2 sentences. I just lol usually and let them their 5 minutes of power.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited July 2019
    ROTFLMAO ;Rorschach !!!!!!   Considering when you closed  you didn't know WTH E3 was and jumped on me for "Talking about the EU".  Nice try DELETING YOUR tracks. I didn't delete anything   Please go on and continue targeting us you are only digging your hole deeper.   Maybe you should consider putting down the shovel!
    @ Bilbo we BOTH know I deleted nothing and once again you are free to troll these forums cause you and the Moderators are such great buddies.  

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So considering your bi-polar post which @Luc_of_Legends are we talking to the psycho or the so called norm one now.  You do understand that UO/EA says that no matter who uses the account is that the account holder is responsible for everything said and done.  So was it you or your alter ego that said something about Wallyworld and madden guess you forget what you other split personality says and does.  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,972Moderator
    Sorry folks but we're not discussing that here. Regardless of which sister posts, the same rules apply, rudeness and personal attacks are not acceptable.
This discussion has been closed.