Why doesn't Broadsword haul their cookies to E3???

Well, Why?  They could market UO and DAoC as "RETRO" games.   Retro games are the hot ticket right now. Just look at out the Retro Mini gaming systems that have come out in the last 5 years.  C'mon Mesanna and Rob Denton you missing one heck of an opportunity to bring your games to a new audience.

Comments

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited June 2019
    Advertising budget in this game is unfortunately Zero. (a guess)
    As the population of UO grow older and get busy with rl things the population of UO seem to decline.  EJ gave it a boost, but Id like to see EJ advertised around aswell.

UO is really deep with systems its a few decades of content and for a totally new player its so much to dig through, so many interesting systems and encounters.

As for E3 I think the entrance fee may be too great. (?)
    I could imagine EA being there, but broadsword may not be allowed by EA.

We have discussed steam in the past, but I dont think it was done. (unknown reason)

The best marketting for this game right now seem to be the players themselves,

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    psycho said:

We have discussed steam in the past, but I dont think it was done. (unknown reason)

UO would be very popular on steam.  the reason its not there is because EA doesnt allow any of its games on steam.
  • Well obviously whoever is running EA knows nothing and should be sacked, IMHO. I mean they've lost money for FIVE straight quarters. Not to mention they were sued by Ubisoft in the EU courts for an attempted hostile takeover, which under EU law is illegal.  It's time they shake things up from the top down.  Otherwise they are just driving EA straight into the ground.  Also the need to lose Madden....I mean geez louise, I saw Madden 2018 hit the Wally World discount bin 3-6 months after its release!  Good Grief!!! 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited June 2019

1 - BS has no marketing (budget or knowledge for B2C)
    2 - EA has own metrics for what is sent to E3 and what isn't
    3 - E3 is expensive
    4 - STEAM is a competitor for EA's Origin
    5 - BS is a tiny player in a huge sandbox of development houses

Personally, I think BS would have a better time hitting up some smaller conventions (DragonCon, ComicCon, etc) as the retro-crowd and older demographic attend those. 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Did EA hire BS to advertise the game or to just keep it running.  Why don't you write EA, you know the people that OWN DAoC/UO
  • Bilbo said:
    Did EA hire BS to advertise the game or to just keep it running.  Why don't you write EA, you know the people that OWN DAoC/UO
    Well probably because EA  continuously denies owning UO anymore. Don't believe me?  Try talking to the about a billing issue with you credit card, which BTW the charges say "EA.COM". 
     I am not kidding I went through no less than FIVE people that all "EA no longer supports or owns that title".   I think that right there is is the answer to my question.  
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    This thread has moved beyond any point of being useful. 
This discussion has been closed.