Uo Store Shard Shields....

With all the new things arriving in the store for sale, can shard shields be considered for non vet players????  Not the same or as good as that would be unfair, but how about shields the fire out tokens every 2 months so not to negatively affect vet players?   

I personally think shard shields are grossly unfair to younger players and I think there should be a way to balance it up somehow

Any thoughts from the Devs on this?, I know on Stratics this topic gets VERY heated, but to do multi shard trips and visits I cannot justify transfer tokens, cannot afford them in game, so there must be a way to allow us to purchase shard shields of some description?

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You would have to get this past EA as it will cost them real money to begin with.  Have you tried asking in Gen Chat if anyone is making a shard run or posting in your shard forum for help.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    i never have a problem finding people to pick up stuff from ATL for me, but i'd still buy a couple if they were available.  Wish i'd kept my subs running during my decade+ hiatus, i'd be eligible for a bunch of them by now.
  • WhispererWhisperer Posts: 40
    I have fiends that do defers for me, but with the amount of shines I collect I feel its a real burden on them to keep helping me,  be nice to be able to be more self sufficient and also to return the favour, plus I would like shield to other shards I have never visited before,  nice to have a 6 month shard holiday adventure :)

Make chars on every shard to see what they offer before going there.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I'd like for them to add shard shields to the store, any account age could use...
    works like the Veteran reward one does currently (only bank box, stable, & backpack transfers)
    but have the Veteran reward drop the transfer tokens (can use packies for extra storage)

I believe they would make more money off of shard shield tokens, than the transfer tokens they currently sell...  

• Road_HouseRoad_House Posts: 12
    That would be so unfair to people who have waited years and subbed faithfully and finally reached the ability to use shard shields at 14 years. I am so sick of games where people think they can just whip out the wallet and buy anything they want. The day they give shard shields to everyone is the day I will quit this game forever after being here since 2002.
  • That would be great as it's a severely unbalanced situation right now with the current shard populations. Imbalance is certainly an issue most games feel worthy of addressing. It can be pretty difficult just getting the things people need, or more importantly want, on a day to day basis on any shard but Atlantic. It makes it even worse as people farm all the reasonably priced items and take them all to Atlantic for big profits. But I'm assuming they make a lot more off of transfer tokens than we realize. I'm sure they'd grab the money in a heart beat if they felt it was to their advantage. Maybe they could limit the transfers to like 25 items or something on the store bought ones. But I doubt it will ever happen and it has nothing to do if veterans think it's fair or not. The money situation isn't there for EA or it would have happened long ago.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • That would be so unfair to people who have waited years and subbed faithfully and finally reached the ability to use shard shields at 14 years. I am so sick of games where people think they can just whip out the wallet and buy anything they want. The day they give shard shields to everyone is the day I will quit this game forever after being here since 2002.
    Well you can whip out your wallet and buy transfer tokens. It's the same thing. I guess I'm sick of greed ruining the game. Your not quitting anything, lol.
    That would be great as it's a severely unbalanced situation right now with the current shard populations. Imbalance is certainly an issue most games feel worthy of addressing. It can be pretty difficult just getting the things people need, or more importantly want, on a day to day basis on any shard but Atlantic. It makes it even worse as people farm all the reasonably priced items and take them all to Atlantic for big profits. But I'm assuming they make a lot more off of transfer tokens than we realize. I'm sure they'd grab the money in a heart beat if they felt it was to their advantage. Maybe they could limit the transfers to like 25 items or something on the store bought ones. But I doubt it will ever happen and it has nothing to do if veterans think it's fair or not. The money situation isn't there for EA or it would have happened long ago.
    WOW Another player that totally understands what EA is all about, TY.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    what do you expect them to be about? they arent running a nonprofit.
    You are %100 right @North_LS but there are a lot of players that think EA should just give them everything and to hell with making a profit.
  • Bilbo said:
    You are %100 right @ North_LS but there are a lot of players that think EA should just give them everything and to hell with making a profit.
    Did someone say give it to them for free?
    Bilbo said:
    You are %100 right @ North_LS but there are a lot of players that think EA should just give them everything and to hell with making a profit.
    Did someone say give it to them for free?
    Which is what my post is all about, The Vets get them free, younger players buy them from the store (make them spawn a token every 2 months I don't care)

They have grossly imbalanced the game, time is even it up, the reward the vets get is they get them for free, I fail to see how people can't understand this....

I assume Bilbo is a vet and has them and enjoys the imbalance of free regular movement, and wants to defend this privilege and advantage to whatever end. 

THIS is selfish and unfair, and he knows it.

Instead of firing out more silly soul stones this is a great win for the bank balance as they will be a sure fire hit.  No vets will quit and it does not affect them at all as once again the get them for free

And before anyone starts crying about how they worked for them like similar Stratics posts, remember people this is a GAME, you did not work for them, you were not paid

So how about it @Mesanna, please consider taking my money and allow me to purchase some shard shields, lesser shard shields.............

Who knows what the future brings, I know I have about 3 years before I can start claiming them but could happily purchase some immediately 

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

The veteran rewards are not FREE. You get them for each full year of a PAID account.

Fourteen year veteran rewards are for PAYING for your account for 168 months, totaling at a minimum One Thousand Six Hundred Eighty dollars US.  That is a long, long, long way from FREE!
    Yes @Whisperer I am a +14 year vet with 2 accounts that are both +20 years and I have paid $4,800.00 to EA for the privilege to have Shard Shields and what I find remarkable is the fact that there are a lot of +14 year vets giving FREE rides to other shards all the time but that isn't good enough is it.  How is it that Shard Shields are so imbalancing but Xfer Tokens were ok and I also think it is remarkable that you all put us down for accepting a GIFT from EA but I do not see any of you writing to EA about this.  No you would rather bash us for supporting UO all these years and guess what if it wasn't for us long standing VETs IMHO UO would have closed a long time ago.

What is funny is you are blowing hot air into the wind asking BS to do something about this when we all know it is EAs decision because it deals with REAL money and EA controls all REAL money actions.

Please let us know when you write EA in regards to this request and what their answer is and please stop trying to throw us older vets under the bus because of a GIFT EA allowed, TYVM.

• Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited June 2019
    Well I will say at about 40 bucks for a round trip I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people that have paid out a lot more than 14 year accounts have. One round trip is like 4 months of an account.

• ArronArron Posts: 485

The veteran rewards are not FREE. You get them for each full year of a PAID account.

Fourteen year veteran rewards are for PAYING for your account for 168 months, totaling at a minimum One Thousand Six Hundred Eighty dollars US.  That is a long, long, long way from FREE!
    Thank You. It was earned. (I AGREE WITH THIS)
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Bilbo said:
    Yes @ Whisperer I am a +14 year vet with 2 accounts that are both +20 years and I have paid $4,800.00 to EA for the privilege to have Shard Shields and what I find remarkable is the fact that there are a lot of +14 year vets giving FREE rides to other shards all the time but that isn't good enough is it.  How is it that Shard Shields are so imbalancing but Xfer Tokens were ok and I also think it is remarkable that you all put us down for accepting a GIFT from EA but I do not see any of you writing to EA about this.  No you would rather bash us for supporting UO all these years and guess what if it wasn't for us long standing VETs IMHO UO would have closed a long time ago.

What is funny is you are blowing hot air into the wind asking BS to do something about this when we all know it is EAs decision because it deals with REAL money and EA controls all REAL money actions.

Please let us know when you write EA in regards to this request and what their answer is and please stop trying to throw us older vets under the bus because of a GIFT EA allowed, TYVM.

<span>:smiley:</span>
    Bildo i am n ot putting you down, I am asking for the right to be able to buy shard shields,  seeing as you have them "earned them" why do you care id lesser mortals have to pay for them, as I see it it has NOTHING to do with you or other Vets. This is a request for players that don't have 14+ years in.  

So a player that discovered UO 8 years ago is not worthy? should not be allowed to enhance their gameplay because you dont think so?

And if a player wants to move 200+ plus items its not really viable to accept a free ride is it?

I will pm Mesanna and see how a request can be made.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    On that note I think this discussio has finished here.
This discussion has been closed.