Overweight Bags of Sending

JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
— I’ve had a few guild mates discuss how the bags of sending in their backpacks weigh enormous amounts - but if they remove them from their backpacks (and say, place them in their bank boxes), then the bags go back to normal weights of 2 stones.

Take them out of the bank and put them back in their backpacks? Back to enormous weights. Could the devs please look into this?

Today, a guild mate has a bag that weighed 406 stones.

This screenshot is from Saturday evening around 7:18pm EST.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna @Mesanna1
~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I had this happen too...
    instead of sending the gold to the bank, it went inside the bag...
    when you put it into the bank box, it deposits that gold, but if you take it out, the gold stays in the bag... 
     someone told me that I must have dropped the gold inside it, but that wasn't the case...
    I only dropped the gold into the backpack on my paperdoll and used the bag to target the gold...

• — The mechanics of the bug don’t really matter to me. For gold to go “inside the bag” means a code for bags of sending got changed somewhere along the way during preparations for the new publish - because this is a newer issue.

Bags of Sending are specifically designed to never have anything be “put in them”. You get a message about it not being a valid container if you try.

It just needs fixed. That’s all.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna @Mesanna1
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • -- My other guild mate with the 400+ stones bag of sending just sent this screenshot to me:

I find it interesting both overweight bags are showing only 5 charges. I've asked them both to charge the bags and see if that sends the bag back to its normal weight ... I'll update when they inform me if that made a difference.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• -- One guild mate charged his bag - weight did NOT change.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

mine has been sitting on my bed for over a year

when this happened to me, I was sending gold from a champ spawn to the bank...

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    What happens when you give the bag to another player not your account? Do they also see the large weight?

• TimSt said:
    What happens when you give the bag to another player not your account? Do they also see the large weight?

— They tried that: still overweight.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• — Problem FOUND now if the devs could SOLVE it:

That bag is inside the backpack of a giant beetle (that’s how he “opened” it) but he can’t remove the gold from the bag of sending.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    Go in fel and have a thief steal the gold out of the bag it works 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    A GM Should be able to remove it.  

So did they drop the gold into the bag instead of dbl clicking?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    A GM Should be able to remove it.  

So did they drop the gold into the bag instead of dbl clicking?
    — Nope, both dropped the gold in their backpacks and double clicked the bags to send them to the bank. Even if they’d dropped the gold on the bag, there’s a message that says it’s not a valid container.

This is obviously a bug that needs fixed.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie