Puzzle trap trainers

That is quite a gold sink, pricing those things at 99k.  And they will just get more expensive as time goes on because of the way they are set up.  Is this really what you want to do?

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Didn't they say the old methods still worked and the Puzzle Trap Trainers were just a short cut? That's a real question and if the answer is yes I have no complaints about the price I'll just do it the old slow way.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The quickest way to train, Kyronix advised, was to dig treasure maps.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Mariah said:
    The quickest way to train, Kyronix advised, was to dig treasure maps.
    I think we need more people to see if you get any gains from digging or the puzzles once your Remove Trap skill gets into the 80s and 90s.  Or if at that level you have to be doing the horde and trove maps to get RT gains.

From what I saw on TC, you don't always get a gain from disarming a treasure chest (or doing a puzzle) when you're in the 90s or 80s.  For the amount of time involved, for digging up chests or doing the puzzles, you will probably still end up disarming tinkered traps just to squeeze in some more RT gains.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    The price for the boxes is constant and does not change...not to mention 100k is a pittance in today's economy.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Kyronix said:
    The price for the boxes is constant and does not change...not to mention 100k is a pittance in today's economy.
    what he said
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Looks like they don't have charges or uses, so a 300k investment for one of each is not terribly expensive, plus they look cool.  I tried them on Origin and gains were pretty good although I'm only at 40 so time will tell.  I also got RT gains on the 2 maps I did (only had the 2 since I don't play there normally).  
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited June 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Doubt that will be a 'pittance' on Siege Perilous at 300k per pop, if it goes the way of all other siege npc items.   100k on siege is equivalent to 1 mil on prodo, so each go will be costing roughly 3mil. :P

It will be like that zippy quest item you need to buy at 300k (on prodo 100k) that makes it unviable to bother with zipatricol as any reward you get other than the moonstone you can't sell for the 300k you paid for the quest item, not including the 10 hours you did completing the quest chain (just saying).

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • It slows down a bit around 80 but by then you do the puzzles so fast it compensates . I never did it the old way but i doubt it can be faster.