Mystical Polymorph Totem - How to add more than 1 Costume???

IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
edited June 2019 in General Discussions
Hi All!

The Description of the "Mystical Polymorph Totem" on the Official Wiki UO Store Page clearly states:

"Combine costumes with this totem to free up equipment slots",

but after the first one I'm unable to add a second Costume to it. It's a Bug, or I'm dumber than the usual?

I.

Comments

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Hi

I think you can only add one custume.
    if you want more you need another polymorph totem and another costume.

Also, you cant remove a costume once its added.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Psycho is correct. 

1 costume : 1 totem. 

If you want to turn into multiple things (and keep your hands free) you need multiple totems. 

Once a costume and totem are combined, they are a single item forever more. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-103/
    • Mystical Polymorph Totem – this totem can be combined with a single standard Halloween costume to change the user’s appearance without using an equipment slot.  Can be dyed with regular, pigment, and natural dyes.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/ultima-store-inventory/
    Mystical Polymorph Totem
    Combine costumes with this totem to free up equipment slots

OP is right the description is very misleading.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    You can attach different costumes thats why it's in plural. But you can only do it once.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Chrille said:
    You can attach different costumes thats why it's in plural. But you can only do it once.
    Sorry the way it is stated leads you to believe that you can attach more than one at a time as it is stated in the Pub note that states clearly single standard Halloween costume 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Thanks to all for the replies.

@Bilbo - Considering that this is an Official UO Store Item that cost 600 Sovreigns, "misleading description" is, IMO, the "Understatement of the Month"... :/
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    apologies, I will amend that description.
    edited June 2019
    Mariah said:
    apologies, I will amend that description.
    Thanks Mariah.

Now it only reamains the point that I wasted 600 Sovs on a useless gimmick of a value of, considering its real capability, IMO 100 Sovs max.

But, hey, lets look at the half full glass: after losing a 1,200 Sovs Britannian Ship for a (still unresolved?) bug in the Lighthouse Veteran Reward this time at least the lesson came at half the price tag... :/
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Not trying to be snarky but ask other players first. I was going to get the totem but ask some people who already had one and found out exactly how they worked before I spent the money. The same for the light house I had heard about the issue with them years ago.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    curiosity makes me ask which costume did you add to it?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I use a Centaur and a Fire elemental.  I think I'm the only one on LS that uses them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited June 2019
    Tim said:
    Not trying to be snarky but ask other players first. I was going to get the totem but ask some people who already had one and found out exactly how they worked before I spent the money. The same for the light house I had heard about the issue with them years ago.
    No. In this specific case (and IMO partly in the LH bug one too) "caveat emptor" & "blame the victim" are both totally inacceptable. We are not speaking of a... "smart" player Vendor with "creative" items description. We are speaking of an OFFICIAL UO STORE ITEM with an ambiguos description. Surely involountary: lets be clear that I'm NOT "blaming" anyone and my thanks to @Mariah was sincere, but nonetheless IMO inacceptable.
    edited June 2019
    curiosity makes me ask which costume did you add to it?
    The first one my mouse encountered by chance in my 45 Costume Collection: in the specific it was a Platinum Drake...
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I wasn't saying "caveat emptor" or blaming anyone what I was trying to say is we are a community and ask around about anything you might be unclear about.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Tim said:
    I wasn't saying "caveat emptor" or blaming anyone what I was trying to say is we are a community and ask around about anything you might be unclear about.
    In e-commerce, the product description is the responsibility of the seller and should be accurate for complete customer satisfaction. There is no "blame" involved when a product's description is unclear... people spend money and expect to receive what they pay for otherwise trust for the seller dissipates. This is particularly true for newer customers who 1) do not know others who bought products and 2) when there is no rating system within the ecommerce interface.

Not everyone feels comfortable asking a community about purchases when the expected authority on a product (ie. the seller) should accurately describe what they are selling. Are you saying every person who buys something off the UO-store should ask around before ever buying it? That is a bit unreasonable for the standard shopper, and undermines the ecommerce process. If you do such a thing, great - not everyone does or will do that.

"Not trying to be snarky but..." is just that; snarky - particularly after "but". Basic communication rule - a "but" disavows anything stated beforehand. 

It is right for these things to be found and reported - be it via the forum or DM to the seller. Good job @Mariah for acknowledging it as soon as she knew... that reinstates trust in the ecommerce platform, AND prevents other new customers from spending money and not getting what they think they are getting, thus getting upset.

*takes her snarky self back to other tasks*