Splinter Weapons. What are they good for?

I was wondering if Splinter Weapons are useful for PvP as I have been getting a few of them and thought I should ask before turning them in for points. Most of them have a few mods on them.

Comments

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Hi

splinter weapons are very desired weapons for pvp, but only with the right mods.
    mods like hit area effect,  britle, antique makes them alot less valuable.
    clean ones with the right mods (20+ splinter, hit spell, and high di) can have high value.

Splinter weapons had a nerf in publish 103 making splinter not proc at certain moves, it made them somewhat less wanted, but still used alot today.

• They're great for people that sell repair deeds ;)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Thanks @Captain_Lucky and @psycho for taking the time to answer my question.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Arron said:
    I was wondering if Splinter Weapons are useful for PvP as I have been getting a few of them and thought I should ask before turning them in for points. Most of them have a few mods on them.

There's a few filters you need to learn.

It has to be completely clean with 20+ splinter and 50+ hit spell. Lightning is preferred. I would consider harm on a bokuto but not any other wep. Antique and brittle are automatic trash.

Next you need to filter the usable weapons with preferred pvp specials. A few examples are War forks, butcher knife, mace.

Generally, I toss anything two handed except for hatchets.

You need to use vendor search with splinter and get a better idea on exactly what the big ticket items are.

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    @Urge I thank you.