Rising Tide End Date & Final Rewards?

Please give us a definitive date on the end of the Rising Tide event & if there will be any additional rewards added before the end.

Comments

• Why would it end?
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited June 2019
    The current Newsletter says:
    Our final batch of rewards to hit the Black Market will be on June 1st
    If you don't receive the newsletter you can sign up for it here:

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Mariah, Is there an end date for when the Black Market closes down?  Or will it continue to stay open for the foreseeable future?
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I wish they had added Pirate Flags that we could put on our Britannia Ships or houses.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I have no information on that at this time, sorry.
  • Mariah said:

They said they were adding the final rewards. They didn't say it would end. It could continue with the existing rewards.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    You optimist you :D
  • Well after all this time BS comes up with something that doesn't involve beating something over the head with a stick endlessly and they just stop doing it? That's nuts. Just put our ships away for another 20 years? Whatever they're doing they better be clear about it cause I'm going to be pissed if they end it with no announcement. I'm sitting on a ton of points.
    You can always buy more Jack Sparrow parrots ;)
    lol
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    Mariah said:

Thanks!
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    ZekeTerra said:
    I wish they had added Pirate Flags that we could put on our Britannia Ships or houses.
    Out of all the feasible reward ideas I have seen, this is what I wanted most. I consider this a huge & obvious missed opportunity. Personally, I have not been excited over any of the rewards.
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited June 2019

• ZekeTerra said:
    You can always buy more Jack Sparrow parrots ;)
    I didn't buy it. It was found neglected and abandoned around the time Sparrow tried to poison me.
  • I can't believe they went through the effort of making High Seas actually viable then throw it in the trash. That's crazy. Can't throw some pixels at it every few months. Pirate guild sign, flags (I guess) or whatever? Seems nuts.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    too me this is terrible not that it might or might not end but this being the official UO forum and not one Dev can bother to chime in and say this is what/when will happen....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    We were afraid that the official forum would just be limited to cheerleading-hasn't happened too badly tho.

But we did hope that it would also have more comms on it, other than feedback for t-maps, that hasn't happened either lol.  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    With the next publish, Forgotten Treasures, we will move into the next chapter of the story with the game play focus being on treasure chests, and a little something extra to bridge the gap.  Not nearly as robust as the Black Market and Plunderbeacons but just enough to keep the story going until the next event we have planned in Forsaken Foes.

As the newsletter states, the last batch of rewards we added to the Black Market were the last.  You'll be able to collect cargo & destroy plunderbeacons at least through the next publish - as for what happens in Forsaken Foes...we've got some plans you'll have to stay tuned for :)

Curious - How many doubloons do you have?  

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:

@Mariah

As I said in this Thread https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4281/i-have-a-question-about-the-latest-newsletter I did not quite understand what the Plans are....

And I read it several times....
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2019
    Kyronix said:
    With the next publish, Forgotten Treasures, we will move into the next chapter of the story with the game play focus being on treasure chests, and a little something extra to bridge the gap.  Not nearly as robust as the Black Market and Plunderbeacons but just enough to keep the story going until the next event we have planned in Forsaken Foes.

As the newsletter states, the last batch of rewards we added to the Black Market were the last.  You'll be able to collect cargo & destroy plunderbeacons at least through the next publish - as for what happens in Forsaken Foes...we've got some plans you'll have to stay tuned for :)

@Kyronix

"Curious - How many doubloons do you have?  "

I am surprised to see you asking, don't Developers have access to ALL Data in Ultima Online, including how many Doubloons players may still have left to use ?

"You'll be able to collect cargo & destroy plunderbeacons at least through the next publish - as for what happens in Forsaken Foes...we've got some plans you'll have to stay tuned for :)"

Do I understand it as right that "through" Next Publish (meaning all of June and also July ?) we will be able to Destroy PlunderBeacons and collect Cargo AND use the Doubloons at the BlackMarket to claim the EXISTING Rewards that the Pirate in Buc's Den has to offer ?

Can you please be more clear on this ? Thanks !
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited June 2019
    Dude that is clear.  Until Forsaken Foes comes out we can do Rising Tide Content as is.

I think that matches my prediction.

We do not know what game count they have access to.  Some games tell you fun facts about their game.  They could tell us how many Pipers were killed on Atlantic last month.  Or how many Beacons have been destroyed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

• Well I have over 12 million points left. Just kidding. Actually I have 926,224 points left.  Which seems like an odd amount but that's what I have according to the pirate. Gotta remember I'm retired so I have all the time in the world to do this. I imagine I'm throwing off the curve.

I have 3 parrots, about 40 wood carvings (which I'm mostly trying to sell) to get one with my name on it, 2 or 3 Tritons (just for deco around my pond), probably like 10 cannons, 1 whip and a couple of titles, 2 pirate maps. Also tried to collect all the different colors of cargo with Trinsic on them. I don't have the wall space to display all the wood carvings so I didn't see a need to go after a complete set.

So I'll probably get the 2 whips I don't have. Check my titles and maybe get enough to have 2 or 3 of each. Maybe a couple pirate maps for an investment lol. Maybe another parrot? Maybe load up on cannons in case I lose a ship to a bug.

Don't know if I came off harsh in my posts but I loved this aspect of the "event" very much. Really gonna miss it a lot. Not really into treasure hunting or that other stuff so I guess this is winding down for me. But I thought the ship improvements and event were awesome. Seems like a natural to keep in game. Which I guess it will to an extent. Really gonna miss the excitement of wondering what the new rewards were going to be. I was hoping for some more pirate theme deco, but it is what it is. It was a fun run. All considered it was an excellent job so far. A+

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Kyronix said:

I've spent 8 to 9M on Tritons.  I have 5 Keepers. No 130 Wrestling.

Thanks for the Crates going towards the town Coffers.  That was the BEST part of the event!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:

I've spent 8 to 9M on Tritons.  I have 5 Keepers. No 130 Wrestling.

Thanks for the Crates going towards the town Coffers.  That was the BEST part of the event!

Glad you posted. That's a lot of doubloons! I feel more "normal" now lol. But I certainly understand a quest for the perfect pet. I probably have one but I'll never know because his little statue is sitting on my pond. Isn't that the way it works?
    I have about 2M in unturned in cargo.  I spent about 1M buying carvings to get one with Capt Lucky's name on is so I could burn it.  (j/k).  I did manage to get one with Jack Sparrows name on it though (63rd turn in).  Bought 2 Tritons, all 4 titles, a parrot and the statue.
    I got lucky and got a Matt Logan on the 8th try.  lol

That's my quota of luck for the next 6 months

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I'll have to buy a few from you, Jack and Cap. I have one of each whip; 6 parrots; 9 cannon (7 on Blue Orca and one each as bow chasers on two other ships); 4 tritons, 2 maps,1 statue and one wood carving. Zero dragon cannon - looks too silly for me. I have 75 mystics in a chest I was saving for my tamers to turn in for Tritons. May get a few more cannon and parrots for alts and some triton statues to squirrel away. Very happy with Rising Seas <span>:smile:</span> I haven't been on a boat for past 3-4 years before this!
    Oh forgot to mention the Pirate Maps.  I got 2 of those, great graphic :)
  • Hippo said:
    I'll have to buy a few from you, Jack and Cap. I have one of each whip; 6 parrots; 9 cannon (7 on Blue Orca and one each as bow chasers on two other ships); 4 tritons, 2 maps,1 statue and one wood carving. Zero dragon cannon - looks too silly for me. I have 75 mystics in a chest I was saving for my tamers to turn in for Tritons. May get a few more cannon and parrots for alts and some triton statues to squirrel away. Very happy with Rising Seas <span>:smile:</span> I haven't been on a boat for past 3-4 years before this!

I vendored my extras a few days ago. Check VS :)

• ZekeTerra said:
    I have about 2M in unturned in cargo.  I spent about 1M buying carvings to get one with Capt Lucky's name on is so I could burn it.  (j/k).  I did manage to get one with Jack Sparrows name on it though (63rd turn in).  Bought 2 Tritons, all 4 titles, a parrot and the statue.

How many did you want with Sparrows name on it? I must have 4 or 5.