Charger of the Fallen

Not sure, thought I was going nuts for a bit, until I looked at some videos and compared.
Somewhere, sometime recently, the Charger of the Fallen mount has had some work done to it for the CC. Not sure if it is in the patch notes - only been really reading up on the Thunting changes, so might have missed any announcement on this.

He moves smoother, somehow looks more... foreboding... artwork was definitely touched up.
I look at this mount a lot as that is what I ride when hunting, and I was running around in Felucca and noticed, my steed looks, spiffier! The lines are sharper on the barding which moves more naturally now than it did before. There is a plate near the shoulder/chest which always bugged me, and now it is moving smoothly.

(I used to ride IRL jousting - so kinda got an idea)

Thanks to the artist(s). :) Looks real nice now!

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Pics or it didn't happen.   :p
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pics or it didn't happen.   :p
    I agree:

postpics

:D ;)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I have mine in ethereal form, but have thought to myself that it looked a lil different. Hubby thinks i'm crazy lol
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Looks the same to me.  Still hops around when you shoot arrows off it. They should have fixed that.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I went back to my vids and they are super low res (or maybe is my crappy netbook)... so that might be it.

But for real, the mount looks sharper, more defined, and moves a bit more smoothly when running around - and I'm playing via my netbook which doesn't have spiffy graphics or uber connectivity. The steed used to be choppy like and those plates at the shoulder/chest would jut out in awkward angles, would irritate me to no end. Is definitely smoother an moves better. 

Yeah, the mount rears up with an attack, is that the hopping you're talking about @Pawain?
    Yes it does that with melee attacks also?  I Use the Windrunner because it does not move when you shoot.  The charger is the backup mount.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    @Pawain yep. the charger rears up with melee. Personally I would expect, as a war steed, it would also deal some damage with that move.. ie: hoof/hoof with some physical damage. But, is a vanity mount, pure and simple.
    Kirthag said:
    @ Pawain yep. the charger rears up with melee. Personally I would expect, as a war steed, it would also deal some damage with that move.. ie: hoof/hoof with some physical damage. But, is a vanity mount, pure and simple.

I use Swampies in melee so I never noticed that.  

I use the costume Totem on my Archer Tamer.  I have the Centaur costume.  So that toon hops around when shooting.

I wish they would change those animations.