What are your top 10 favorite artifacts?

Comments

• GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    edited June 2019
    Vine Cord Sandals
  • CalaveraCalavera Posts: 24
    My top 10:

1. Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune - LUCK!
    2. Armor of Fortune - LUCK!
    3. Crystalline Ring - This is my Siege Bless item.
    4. Blackthorn version of Conjurer Garb - LUCK, and the Hooded Shroud is an awesome graphic.
    5. Lucky Charm - LUCK
    6. Corgul Sash - Good item for a slot that doesn't have a lot of options comparatively speaking
    7. Ancient Samurai Helm - Love the graphic, imbue-able to tailor to my suit
    8. Shadow Dancer Leggings - Always loved this piece, have used it a lot with Burglar Bandana
    9. Spell Channeling Lanterns - Smuggler's Lantern, Lantern of Light, etc. PLEASE MAKE LANTERNS SIEGE BLESSABLE!
    10. Skull Helms - EM versions, Halloween turn-in versions, one of the best graphics in UO

• HippoHippo Posts: 267
    edited June 2019
    Armor of Fortune: Luck, DCI, and 40LRC
    Conjurers Robe w/140 Luck
    Balakai's Shaman Staff - great -0 MU one handed weapon
    Melisandre's Hatchet - imbued with -22 mage use and -50 DAM changed to +37
    Pugilist gloves - IMBUED +8 stam to complement +8 DEx for archer and imbued another w/20LRC for mage/wrestler
    Darkwood armor set- a fave early on before reforge/imbue could make better suit
    Sterling silver ring-great for making new melee chars on other shards
    Shadow legs/burg bandana/jewels/Ferret Form tali turns 50 begin steal skill thief into 120 skill
    Buc Den parrot for deco :)
    Also for pure deco, the jolly roger standard that only ATL got. At least make it transferable!

And +5 mining gloves which can be imbued/reforged to Mage Use and/or luck for saltpeter digging

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited June 2019
    This has been great, thank you to everyone who has participated so far.  This information will be very helpful in future publishes.

To summarize the top 10 artifacts based on those who have reported their preferences, 

1. Crimson Cincture
    2. Cuffs of the Archmage
    3. Enchantress' Cameo
    4. Tangle
    5. Despicable Quiver
    6. Hawkwind's Robe
    7. Shadow Dancer Leggings
    8. Jumu's Sacred Hide
    9. Minax's Sandals
    10. Protector of the Battle Mage

Interesting that very few weapons were listed.  Most reported items were either jewels, talis, or armor/clothing.
  • Kyronix said:
    This has been great, thank you to everyone who has participated so far.  This information will be very helpful in future publishes.

To summarize the top 10 artifacts based on those who have reported their preferences, 

1. Crimson Cincture
    2. Cuffs of the Archmage
    3. Enchantress' Cameo
    4. Tangle
    5. Despicable Quiver
    6. Hawkwind's Robe
    8. Jumu's Sacred Hide
    9. Minax's Sandals

Interesting that very few weapons were listed.  Most reported items were either jewels, talis, or armor/clothing.
    The days of using one weapon for everything are gone imo. Reforging/imbuing allows us to create better weapons for specific encounters. Any weapon I use will be 100% elemental with mana leech and stamina leech and either SSI or DI depending on my suit. The last mod or two will be a slayer, hit effect, or hit spell. There just isn't an artifact weapon that comes close to this. Even if it has more properties and "looks better", the damage output is always lower.

IMO, here is why each item you listed is there....

1. One of three options for this item slot and several peerless to get it from
    2. High SDI
    3. Slayer mostly, but also SSI
    4. One of three option for this item slot, but also only mage/mana focused
    5. HCI, dex, resist - best option for a warrior/sampire imo unless you need the 5 SSI from Ranger's Cloak, which isn't obtainable anymore
    6. SDI - the other mods are nice, but nothing overly special
    7. Stealth and Stealing +20 - only reason to use these on a cramped template
    8. DI and fire resist for warriors or SDI and FCR for mages
    9. Luck - one of a few options in footwear.
    10. SDI - but overall it's a nice combo of mods while still not being overpowered
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Kyronix said:yyy

1. Crimson Cincture
    2. Cuffs of the Archmage
    3. Enchantress' Cameo
    4. Tangle
    5. Despicable Quiver
    6. Hawkwind's Robe
    8. Jumu's Sacred Hide
    9. Minax's Sandals

I have been asking for weapons every publish. They need the correct stats or they are not going to be used.

The gold whip is deco.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Give us a WW/double strike weapon, with 100% elemental damage(can make 5) with 70% hit spell, then make them super slayers.

Bam ... done... huge range of arti weapons, and peopke will use em, make em brittke, and keep the content alive to farm em.

Any other suggestions?
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    Kyronix said:

1. Crimson Cincture
    2. Cuffs of the Archmage
    3. Enchantress' Cameo
    4. Tangle
    5. Despicable Quiver
    6. Hawkwind's Robe
    8. Jumu's Sacred Hide
    9. Minax's Sandals

Any input on my appearance gripes?  Would LOVE a way to either transmute an item into a different appearing item of the same slot type, or a way to earn additional items similar to the blackthorn system. I *hate* robes, the various blackthorn epaulettes have been a huge plus for me. Would love to be able to have a wider selection of artifacts fit with the way i want my toons to look. Might sound dumb, but to me, appearance is pretty important.
  • fonsvitaefonsvitae Posts: 51
    Make Crafters Great Again

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    @Kyronix Halawa's Hunting Bow might have made the list but the 60% Hit Velocity makes it useless since every time it procs, you don't get the slayer damage bonus and @ 60% it procs a LOT.
    Ironwood Composite bow is almost usable. 

But like Halawas, they have velocity that reduces the damage and no HML.

Dont put stats like dex or stam on weapons because it makes them too specific for a Suit.
    We should already have the suit to work with various weapons. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Not Artifacts but both the knight and scouts set from  CUB turn ins should be imbue able ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Norry said:
    Give us a WW/double strike weapon, with 100% elemental damage(can make 5) with 70% hit spell, then make them super slayers.

Bam ... done... huge range of arti weapons, and peopke will use em, make em brittke, and keep the content alive to farm em.

Any other suggestions?

Like the old Blackthorn Kryss. A complete set of different slayers.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited June 2019
    Don't have the time to make a top 10, but I want to single out one of them:

1. Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune (luck item)

Why? Because there is nothing comparable and I had to pay a 3rd party seller real dollars to get one for my T-hunter.

Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Bark_At_The_MoonBark_At_The_Moon Posts: 13
    edited June 2019
    My favorite artifacts of all time are:

(2003-2008) Warrior Suit
    Crimson Cincture
    Hunters Headress
    Ring of Vile
    Leggings of Bane
    Jackal’s Collar
    The Beserker’s Maul

(2003-2008) Mage Suit
    Hat of Magi
    Staff of the Magi , or Arcane Shield
    Ornament of Magician

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited June 2019
    Kyronix said:

1. Crimson Cincture
    2. Cuffs of the Archmage
    3. Enchantress' Cameo
    4. Tangle
    5. Despicable Quiver
    6. Hawkwind's Robe
    8. Jumu's Sacred Hide
    9. Minax's Sandals

Only mentioning this because you asked, and because i didnt want to break the guidelines of the first post. 

Most weapons suck (sorry i broke the rule!)

To clarify, UO hasnt had good weapons drop ever since imbuing replaced them.
    even before imbuing, not many artifact weapons were useable.

Global loot also rarely produces useable weapons
    exceptions - splintering for pvp
    other than that, you hardly ever get a weapon with useable mods from global loot
    Most people need combinations of:
    mana leech, stamina leech, swing speed (for any weapon with a base speed slower than 3), to even consider using the weapon.  Then it has to be better than what can be imbued.

in about 5 years of playing, ive gotten a total of about 3 useable loot weapons.  Its because of how the reforging titles line up.  extremely low chance to get the correct mods because they come from multiple reforging sections.

Other actual artifacts worth mentioning:

soul seeker was good for a few years, has the correct leeches, but is too fast a weapon, low damage output.  it was made obsolete by imbuing.  still an ok starting weapon for a very new player.

brightblade and sword of shattered hopes were used very briefly becuase of the splintering (the staff was never useable, no good specials for pvp)

these were of course made obsolete by global loot splintering items with better pvp specials combined with splintering.

balaki's shaman staff is actually pretty good.  very underused weapon, but has a few issues which is why not many use it:

It has great mods for pvp mage, however isnt ideal because it can be disarmed.  last thing you want is to lose your 25 EP if your disarmed (the time you need that EP most)

For pvm, most would go with SDI on a spellbook for the hand slot.

Hopefully that can shed some light on arty weapons, and why not many use them.
    Most suffer from the same issues as the obsolete armor arties.  wierd combos that arent really useable by any type of specific template.

Also noting that the Krampus whips were a success.  a base weapon with something that cant be gotten elsewhere (1 handed whirlwind weapon for macing and fencing, the swords one isnt quite as good because we already have radiant scimatars, but AI is a better special on the whip than the radiant scimatar bladeweave) 

Overall this is probably what people want.  weapons with no mods, exceptional and can be imbued.
    Other very successful weapons would be 1 mod that cant be gotten by imbuing, like splintering, swarm, etc, but with the other 4 slots open for imbue. 

Take the whip of plundering, there is a chance that it would be used if it only had the explosion property.  and then players could imbue the other 4 slots.

Thanks for asking for the feedback :)

• XrisXris Posts: 130
    JollyJade said:
    Don't have the time to make a top 10, but I want to single out one of them:

1. Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune (luck item)

Why? Because there is nothing comparable and I had to pay a 3rd party seller real dollars to get one for my T-hunter.

I agree, an impossible to get item other than on atl. Nothing else compares to it for a luck suit. I would even buy it from the uo store if available. 
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited June 2019
    In regards to weapons the crafting and imbuing ability is king for pvm.
    In a world full of legendary artifacts and arties (in other equipment slots) I don't see this as a bad thing.  It at least keeps our smiths somewhat useful. 

But if you were to consider making a competitive weapon artie here's a list of mods that i would find most useful (from greatest to least) on my pally  :#

Hit Mana Leach 81-100%
    Hit Life Leach 81-100%
    Random Super Slayer
    Hit Area Effect 50-100%
    Damage increase
    Hit spell 50-100%
    Hit Stamina leach 50-100%

The top 3 weapon specials are...
        -Armor ignore or Double strike
        -Whirlwind attack

The top 5 mods is how i make my weapons.  The life leach is high on the list for me because it helps my pally hang with the Sampires but it wouldn't be as much desired for those that do play samps.

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    I agree 100% with Smoot.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    why are you asking for pvm weapon better drop.... presently imbuying weapon are op... no need for better weapon
    Fortis said:
    why are you asking for pvm weapon better drop.... presently imbuying weapon are op... no need for better weapon
    So are items with over 8 mods.
  • I was never lucky enough to get one but i would say that Slims shadow veil is my favorite because it can be custom made through imbuing.

Would love to see more imbuable drops.  The guantlets of anger would be a perfect example if it could be imbued.

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    If you release new cosmetic appearances for items like crimson cincture or others that have improved versions in VvV can you please make them the VvV quality item so it's not a downgrade to use?

I think it would be best if you made the VvV reward artifacts what their actual versions are and make the real artifacts the VvV quality items.
  • BoBoBoBo Posts: 21
    Bo's favorite arties are the VVV arties.  You should really put them back on Siege!  
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    Mark of Travesty
    Captain John's Hat
    Shanty's Waders / Anon's Boots
    Hephaestus
    Hawkwind Robe
    Hunters Headdress
    Balakai Shaman Staff
    pendant of the magi
    fey leggings

these are some of the artifacts that I personally feel could benefit from new cosmetic appearances.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    My favorite artifact is the "Turn your Grizzled Mare into a 5 slot pet" wand, it hasn't been invented yet, but it will be my favorite once it is.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    L. Mempo
    Armor of Fortune
    Minax Sandals
    Lucky Charm
    Minax Sandals
    Either clean up jewel set.
    Luck BT Robe

I am a Max Luck Suit addict :)

Would also like to see the artifact that reverts ore and wood to static instead of random. Like Garth's Griz Mare wand it has not been invented yet but maybe some day................. You can make Muling Great Again for us non scripter miners and lumberjacks.
  • BoBoBoBo Posts: 21
    Why cant we imbue the older artis to make them great again?  and shouldn't they have a higher base weight? 
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Kyronix said:
    What are your favorite top 10 favorite artifacts?
    Looking for things to nerf? <span>:smiley:</span>
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Sliss said:
    Kyronix said:
    What are your favorite top 10 favorite artifacts?
    Looking for things to nerf? <span>:smiley:</span>
    people keep asking them for the same artifacts with different looks.
    transmog

I can't remember if this was explained in a newsletter or if it was at a meet & greet.