Governors Meeting 5-26-19

DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
Role Play on Sonoma Dead?

First a very short meeting of the current council of Sonoma.  I really wish these meetings were on first Sunday of the Month where the counsel could elaborate more on upcoming events and not the very last event of the month.

King Blackthorn: Greetings everyone! Please have a seat I see that we have a small group tonight Lets get started as usual. With a report of the city's from our governors Lavendar how goes Vesper?

Governor Lady Lavendar: Vesper is doing well but the pirates have been getting ever bolder I had reports that they had invaded the city this past week.

I was glad to hear there was good turnout to turn them away but then they returned in the later part of the week.

That group was led by a Captain O'Gar I believe we prevailed again but I fear the incursion of more pirates.

Many citizens have fought the pirates at sea and have kindly been returning the stolen cargo 
to the cities so I am happy to report that our coffers are once again able to pay for the trade deal.

Other than that, we see summer approaching and hope we may find the city safe from further incursions.

King Blackthorn: I am glad that the pirates were thwarted.  I was surprised to hear how bold the pirates were attacking Vesper but was happy to hear reports that our citizens fought back.  

From my understanding they attacked a shipment that made it to town burned down the ship then pillaged the town but the citizens fought them back however it was a diversion to let the pirate ships escape with the loot the hide out was discovered and the goods were returned.

I am sure the pirates will think twice before being so bold again.  Have you any reports from the other governors?

Lady Lavendar report that she had not heard from any of the other Governors and went on to remind all of the coming elections starting in June.  King Blackthorn then announce “Well, I guess I can safely call the meeting to an end, unless we have more to discuss?”  There was none.

City Elections are schedule to start soon.  The Nomination period will start 1st of June and will last one week (Real Time) https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/britannia-loyalty-and-councils/ with one week of Voting (real Time).  The position is held for six months.  There are empty seats on the Sonoma Counsel, and with the problem of weekly payments for trade being solved I hope to see the return of a grand counsel on Sonoma.  I plan on running once more.

So Sonoma, prove me wrong.  Is Role Play dead on Sonoma?  I hope to see more folks at future meeting of the Governors!

Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    It has nothing to do with "role play" and EVERYTHING to do with our current EM. EM Xanthus is reason no one wants to be involved. END OF STORY. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    KHAN said:
    EM Xanthus is reason no one wants to be involved. 

that is your opinion... 

And if you can't forgive someone for cancelling events cause they were too sick or hurting too much, then that's on you... It shows more about your char, that you think someone should suffer just so you have a chance for a drop. 

EM Xanthus has apologized each of the times he had to postpone events. And he has even stated that he no longer will be doing that when he is sick. 

And if you think that the lack of  attendance at the governors meetings has anything to do with him postponing events, you are mistaken. Sometimes you get busy with real life stuff and it completely slips your mind. I know I haven't been attending much lately due to health reasons... That's not even counting the time I fell and couldn't get around for a couple days... 

===========================================

Ever since I became governor of Minoc, I have constantly heard about how hard it was to keep the buff going. I didn't really have to worry about that cause I had a benefactor that was keeping it up. They wanted a certain buff and was willing to pay for it. I absolutely loved that when we were killing Krampus that the cities coffers were getting some much needed revenue... and I couldn't help but wish they would make another way of raising the revenue for our cities... 

What a wonderful thing happened when we started getting cargo to turn into the cities... A few of us have made it our mission to make sure the city treasuries are funded for years to come... It is such a rewarding feeling to know that my generosity is helping the cities to thrive.

And it is my wish that the citizens of Sonoma come attend our meetings. Share with the King what makes Sonoma so special to you... 
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    @Cinderella It has nothing to do with the cancelled events (well not much). Not sure where you got that idea. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • EM XanthusEM Xanthus Posts: 73Event Moderator
    I had started scheduling the events at the end of the month at the request of the governors for one of our governors that could not attend due to his schedule. I will revisit the the governor meeting scheduling this month once again since the governor in question has not been able to attend the meetings for the last 3 months.