• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Whate'er
  • AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    Bilbo said:
    Abbarosh said:
    Abbarosh said:
    Just think it needs tweaking 

Be careful.  Asking for that is what got this whole mess started :/

Mainly aimed at the supposed level 5 map tbh mate , the loots the same pretty much as level 3 and 4 from what I have tested.
    The quality may be the same but isn't there a quantity difference between the new lvl 3, 4 and 5
    no mate 36 items in both teh level 4 and 5's as these are only ones I have been testing 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Abbarosh said:
    ok just done 3 lvl 5 trove maps in Ishlnaer , didnt see one renegade changelling  also have about 12 SOAS and 6 SOTS 1 legendary, has anyone else noticed the massive lack of jewels in chests?
    I think I've seen most jewels in Mage chests
    Also with modifiers for Melee Warriors ? Or just for Spellcasters ?
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited June 2019
    popps said:
    Abbarosh said:
    ok just done 3 lvl 5 trove maps in Ishlnaer , didnt see one renegade changelling  also have about 12 SOAS and 6 SOTS 1 legendary, has anyone else noticed the massive lack of jewels in chests?
    I think I've seen most jewels in Mage chests
    Also with modifiers for Melee Warriors ? Or just for Spellcasters ?

Popps, just go try some chests on TC.  The jewelry never seems to strictly fit the theme of the map.  You really should just go to TC and experience it yourself to draw your own conclusions.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I've seen far more 'legendary' pieces on test center than I ever have in current chests. Granted most are only good for unravelling, but that's not down to the treasure map code. That's down to this: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/loot-generation/  ;
    So unless someone re-writes that, I don't see that changing, you still need to be lucky to get a piece that the mods tie together.  I have seen a few that would improve my char's current kit, if I could take them home.
    Reading of what's in Stash chests, I keep reminding myself that these are level ONE.  What's in current level 1s?   very little. 

Having said that, I dig maps because they're fun to do. I don't expect to reach my first 'platinum' from selling what I dig up, The only platinum I'm ever likely to have is the counterfeit stuff from Khaldun :D
    @Petra_Fyde

"I've seen far more 'legendary' pieces on test center than I ever have in current chests. Granted most are only good for unravelling, but that's not down to the treasure map code. That's down to this: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/loot-generation/  ;
    So unless someone re-writes that, I don't see that changing, you still need to be lucky to get a piece that the mods tie together.  I have seen a few that would improve my char's current kit, if I could take them home."

I agree, so much, that I pointed that out in this Thread .... https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4219/a-thought-re-the-new-treasure-maps-and-loot-quality
    ok just done 14 lvl 6 ter mur maps on live shard and got 7 soas compare that to the 4 or 5 maps i did lower level earlier and I got 12-16 SOAS and SOTS from Ishlnaer maps , i thought SOTS were only gunna be in fel same as PS
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2019
    Bilbo said:
    The quality may be the same but isn't there a quantity difference between the new lvl 3, 4 and 5

As of Release 3, what I've found so far is:

Solo

6   Magic Equipment in Stash    (0 in Release 2)
     8   Magic Equipment in Supply  (0 in Release 2)
    12  Magic Equipment in Cache   (2x the 6 found in Release 2)
    18  Magic Equipment in Hoard   (2x the 9 found in Release 2)
    36  Magic Equipment in Trove    (2x the 18 found in Release 2)

The Release 3 notes say the number of Magic Equipment was doubled for Cache/Hoard/Trove, and I can verify that for Cache/Hoard, so I'll believe them for Trove. (Especially since others are posting numbers as well.)

However, MissE reported Assassin Caches with 25 items and if I understood, Abbarosh is saying 36 in both Hoard/Trove. So, looks like some aberrations exist.

-Arroth
  • Some of us are past whining...and down to the mad stage lol.  I figure I've done enough time training skills over the last 20, and I just want to sit down and play and chill.  

Being forced to train RT and change up my characters just becauyse someone got a hair up their ass to "make a useless skill needed again" doesn't cut it for me.
    -- Um ... .. ... wait a minute. You've been playing UO for 20 years and are somehow above or beyond having to train skills?

... I'm trying to wrap my mind around this because ... from the sounds of it, you're still playing character templates that are 20 years old and you never actually paid attention to how UO itself has changed over 20 years and adjusted your templates and play style accordingly ...

Is that what you're saying?
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited June 2019
    I just want to take a moment and thank everyone who spent their time hammering on all the content on TC1, especially this weekend for Release 3. As we get closer and closer to our Origin & WW releases we couldn't gotten to where we are without your help! Some fun facts based on the logging we did this weekend to help us fine tune things... Over 800 maps were dug up, totaling more than 52 hours worth of time digging chests, smashing guardians, picking locks, and removing traps! Good job!
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    haven't been able to get back in, but wanted to note something about my latest run with tmaps in tram.

process i used was to decode, find, dig up, kill guardians (4 would spawn per chest - every time), heal, pick lock (usually a grubber would appear with a successful pick - most were within 3 attempts), then perform RT, and Ancient spawns would appear - somewhat challenging, but they came in predictably (see below). Open chest...
    IF I picked up something "nice" (legendary, scroll) then a new spawn would pop-up... every time. 
    If i picked something up, it had to be removed from the chest (not just move to unbury something).

That is why the AW with subsequent LL sorta surprised me. I didn't expect one right after the other.

I think what I'm getting at is that the spawning mobs are thus(at least for tram maps of all levels BUT lvl 5, I didn't get to that one)...
    1 - guardians (always 4)
    2 - Ancients (usually within 15 seconds of each other, and this was all level chests where my RT took longer than.... 15 seconds) Yes, I did time them, sorry forgot to post about it
    3 - after opening chest, normal mobs (no guardian or ancient tag) if...
    ----- take something of "nice" value
    ----- take too long to remove something

I did test with a chest to see if I looted everything and just let it sit there if another regular mob would appear, and yes, they do - but it takes longer until chest decays.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Does luck factor in on your chance to get a t-map from a mob? I killed 20 wyrms and an untold number of orcs in Trammel and got no t-maps from them. I had a 0 luck suit on at the time.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    @Kyronix I have used gm remove trap on every chest I have done, from stash to trove ones.  I have spawned an ancient guardian, killed it without so much as moving a step, let alone 16 tiles, but you then have to still use remove trap again, and may get another ancient spawn etc.  I have had a few chests where with gm RT I have spawned 3 ancient guardians, using rt each time,  yet have not moved and killed them on the spot. Is this working as intended?  I listed all the spawn I got on each of the spreadsheets I uploaded on loot so you can see how OFTEN this happens.  I solo all maps and think I only died once when a frost dragon ancient guardian spawned. Also you CANNOT tell the difference between a Frost Dragon Ancient Guardian and a Greater Dragon ancient guardian in the EC as they are the same graphic which is kinda crummy when dealing with them. 

It appears that if one spawns and you kill it you still have to start the whole process over again, doesn't matter that you didn't move and killed the guardian.  If you try to open the chest after killing it it says you need to use rt on it again. Hence why I have had multiple ancients spawn on one chest. 

@Margrette re no rusty chests on those 'trove' ones I pictured I have +1 glasses on however I don't think that had much to do with it.  The bunch of hoard ones before that I didn't get any rusty ones that was with gm carto on. I was getting more rusty ones when I was digging with 0 carto on. 

@Arroth_Thaiel ;  You said " However, MissE reported Assassin Caches with 25 items and if I understood, Abbarosh is saying 36 in both Hoard/Trove. So, looks like some aberrations exist."

On each of the spreadsheets I uploaded I put exactly what was in each chest.   I actually put the total and then of those how many were arti level or magic level.  Those figures above: 

6   Magic Equipment in Stash    (0 in Release 2)
     8   Magic Equipment in Supply  (0 in Release 2)
    12  Magic Equipment in Cache   (2x the 6 found in Release 2)
    18  Magic Equipment in Hoard   (2x the 9 found in Release 2)
    36  Magic Equipment in Trove    (2x the 18 found in Release 2)

are accurate in as much as JUST the assassin caches had 25 items, in my experience, it can be tested again but I am on the road again so won't be doing it for a few days.  Also I have done OVER 30 hoard chests and NEVER gotten 36 items in them.  They all had 18, so not sure w@Abbarosh  is digging his hoards if he is saying he is getting 36.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited June 2019
    I have started comparing the same level chest via various facets but one thing that is really off I have found in the first round of supply chests I did in malas is that in the artisan ones you get heaps of stuff and the others are really sub par.  I know I for one will be binning anything other than artisan supply ones unless this is addressed. If you want alacrity's for the other trades your better off doing them in hoard/trove maps as at least you get a 4-5 bits of paper (alacrity/sots/maps/ps) in those for those particular trades as opposed to 0-1-2 in the lower level. I will check out the dif in the other level 'artisan' ones later but it seems like the other types are severely ripped off on loot in comparison.  I got bored doing the other type maps at supply level in malas and you can see why when you look at what I was getting from them.   (and no I didn't list gold, gems and items as they are identical in any type of map of the same level already listed on the other spreadsheets)

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Some of us are past whining...and down to the mad stage lol.  I figure I've done enough time training skills over the last 20, and I just want to sit down and play and chill.  

Being forced to train RT and change up my characters just becauyse someone got a hair up their ass to "make a useless skill needed again" doesn't cut it for me.
    -- Um ... .. ... wait a minute. You've been playing UO for 20 years and are somehow above or beyond having to train skills?

... I'm trying to wrap my mind around this because ... from the sounds of it, you're still playing character templates that are 20 years old and you never actually paid attention to how UO itself has changed over 20 years and adjusted your templates and play style accordingly ...

Is that what you're saying?
    No it isn't.

But I have watched char after char fall by the wayside and need modded or totally changed due to 'improvements'.  

I like to sit and play, relax, have fun, etc etc.  That;'s why none of my chars have awesome suits on, just some home crafted imbued stuff-I am never gonna be one of those running a spreadsheet to figure out the proper suit lol, too much like another job to me. 

But it's all good now, we shall continue on and wait to see which build gets torn up next.  
    @MissE we are fine tuning the remove trap times based on the results from this past weekend.  You should see an improvement in the next release.  Gotta watch out for those guardians!  Like a box of monster chocolates, never know what ya gonna get!
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    @Kyronix

This may have been lost in the comments and questions. Will we be able to create characters with 50 RT? Before it made sense that it wasn't allowed as it had 2 requisite 50 skills. Now it seems to make sense that you could create a character with 50 in this. Will this be the case? 

@Whessles - At this point its a reach for this publish.  Requires a bit more work that is outside the amount of bandwidth we have, but its in the system to resolve in the future.  Buying the skill up via NPC then "training" on actual treasure chests, you are going to get to 50 pretty quick.  
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    Kyronix said:
    @ Whessles - At this point its a reach for this publish.  Requires a bit more work that is outside the amount of bandwidth we have, but its in the system to resolve in the future.  Buying the skill up via NPC then "training" on actual treasure chests, you are going to get to 50 pretty quick.  
    Thank you for the response. :)
  • Kyronix said:
    Over 800 maps were dug up, totaling more than 52 hours worth of time digging chests, smashing guardians, picking locks, and removing traps!
    No wonder I feel exhausted this week   :s
    @Kyronix, there's still a bug that causes a client crash in the classic client.  If you have a map open on screen for a chest that's been completed and the map is no longer in your backpack, clicking on another map to open it makes the client crash.  I reported this a couple of weeks ago.
    @Kyronix, you still can't place stuff in the top half of the gold/gem bags.  This is very annoying if you are using them to hold the stuff you loot from the chest, as it all ends up piled up on top of each other in the bottom half of the bag.
    Margrette said:
    @ Kyronix, there's still a bug that causes a client crash in the classic client.  If you have a map open on screen for a chest that's been completed and the map is no longer in your backpack, clicking on another map to open it makes the client crash.  I reported this a couple of weeks ago.
    How are you removing the map from your backpack while keeping the map gump open?  The map gump should be closing as soon as the map enters the drag slot...
    Kyronix said:
    Margrette said:
    @ Kyronix, there's still a bug that causes a client crash in the classic client.  If you have a map open on screen for a chest that's been completed and the map is no longer in your backpack, clicking on another map to open it makes the client crash.  I reported this a couple of weeks ago.
    How are you removing the map from your backpack while keeping the map gump open?  The map gump should be closing as soon as the map enters the drag slot...
    I dig up the chest and return to the house. The map gump is still up from locating the chest.  I lock down the gold and gem bag and drag all the stuff I looted into it, plus the actual map for the chest that I dug up.  The map gump remains open and I don't always notice that it's there, because it's pushed to the right and up, but still mostly visible on my UO desktop.  Then I go grab another map and click on it to open it and that's when the trouble starts.

It's weird because I just tried it again now after returning to the house and when I slide the map to put it in the bag locked down on the floor, the map gump closes.  So it must not always be closing when I drag the map.  I'll try and see if I can replicate it staying open even if the map is moved.
    Has anyone received SoTs or SoAs for these skills and can indicate which theme applied to the chest that they came from?

• Begging
    • Camping
    • Cartography
    • Forensic Evaluation
    • Spirit Speak
    • Taste ID
    Cartography = SoA = Artisan (Supply)
    -Arroth
    edited June 2019
    Kyronix said:

That's just in CC correct? Because in EC you can open as many maps as you like, drag them wherever, drop them in different containers, throw them in the trash, etc., and all the gumps stay open. It's nice actually.

I just logged into TC and tested it.

EDIT: Oh, the map stays open even after being deleted by the trash barrel. So, probably a bug. Sorry, never really thought of the maps staying open as a bug. I actually liked it. I thought it was intended to stay open to help us if we accidently closed the backpack (which I do a lot) so we didn't have to reopen the map every time. It's nice having the map open permanently. If it is a bug, you should let this one live. (Well, fixing the CC crashing obviously.)

-Arroth
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Kyronix said:

That's just in CC correct? Because in EC you can open as many maps as you like, drag them wherever, drop them in different containers, throw them in the trash, etc., and all the gumps stay open. It's nice actually.

I just logged into TC and tested it.

EDIT: Oh, the map stays open even after being deleted by the trash barrel. So, probably a bug. Sorry, never really thought of the maps staying open as a bug. I actually liked it. I thought it was intended to stay open to help us if we accidently closed the backpack (which I do a lot) so we didn't have to reopen the map every time. It's nice having the map open permanently. If it is a bug, you should let this one live. (Well, fixing the CC crashing obviously.)

Actually I find that an annoying bug as I find it hard to keep track of which gump is for which map. Personal preference thing I guess.
    After reading your posts, Arroth, I'm wondering now if the maps that were open were under the ones I had completed. Maybe ones I looked at after taking them from the locker and then putting them back because I didn't like the location.

Will see if I can replicate the issue tomorrow. Off to bed now.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I have not had much time for UO or TC1 this week, but all of the coffin pieces I found before were limited to Malas Mage Cache chests.
    Kyronix said:
    @ MissE we are fine tuning the remove trap times based on the results from this past weekend.  You should see an improvement in the next release.  Gotta watch out for those guardians!  Like a box of monster chocolates, never know what ya gonna get!
    @Kyronix

Can you give us an idea of when you intend to launch the revamp properly to all servers