Whip of Plundering Feedback

PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
Graphics are nice.  Mana leech is nice.

Why 100 luck?  Needs higher so we can get to 190 if can be enhanced.

Why Spellchanneling?  I do have a swordsman who has magery. But I doubt that is a popular build. He could use the whip except,

Why no Life Leech?   Most warriors take damage.  I put LL on all my melee weapons.

The DI is pretty high.  But we can not reduce it with imbueing,

The weapon can not be imbued.  

It actually fits my macer. The speed is perfect for his build. But he needs LL!

I love the Gold color but can you make a blank Silver whip that is for sale on the pirate?
Just have it be exceptional.

Others want a recipe.

I dont add much to melee weapons. Personally mine have HML, HLL, DI, DCI  and a small hit damage.

Whip really need LL.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    What SHOULD have happened, was for them to be "plain", so we can put our own mods on them!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    "...can you make a blank Silver whip that is for sale on the pirate?
    Just have it be exceptional."  THIS!!!!  @Kyronix
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2019
    Is it only ONE kind of Whip ?

Not different kinds for different builds ?

I agree on all of the points in the OP (particularly the need for life Leech....),  and also on that it should be reforgeable and imbuable like the Krampus Whip was....

One observation on the Spell Channelling.... The Whips (or at least 1 variety of them) should have come, to my opinion, as "MAGE WEAPON 0" so that Spellcasters could have used them with no penalty and cast their spells while equipping it ......
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Can’t get everything ya want!  All about a give and take with new equipment.  This won’t be the last you’ll see of the whips, that’s for sure!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    True Kyronix, however, I can't think of one template or situation besides bank sitting this would ever be used. So it gives nothing and takes away what you hold in your right hand.

I gave up my robe slot to wear a parrot on my shoulder in battle and that I was able to work around. 

However, can't work around not having something functional in my right hand!

Well they do look cool, in my vendor's hand. 

Pretty please, at least add mage weapon to one of them? 

Thank you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Kyronix said:
    Can’t get everything ya want!  All about a give and take with new equipment.  This won’t be the last you’ll see of the whips, that’s for sure!

I can make this weapon with WW.

I just asked for 2 Hit leeches.  What is the give?  100 Luck?

Replace the Luck or spell channel with chance of either HLL or HSL in those spots.

*stomps up and down*  I WANT A GOLDEN WHIP!

edited June 2019
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:

Replace the Luck or spell channel with chance of either HLL or HSL in those spots.

It is also sad to see the Whips being a quite slow Weapon, 3.25s, and yet, coming with no Swing Speed Increase...

Furthermore, I think it is going to be hard to really take advantage of that 81% Hit Mana Leech property on the Whips, when hits will land so slowly on their Targets at that 3.25s speed ...

By the way, I always saw Whips as a pretty damn fast hitting weapon.... how come that in UO they are so slow as 3.25s ?

Shouldn't they more be in the range of 2.25s-2.50s ?
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    After thinking about it, they likely came up with the conclusion that a blank one fully imbuable was too much. 
    And due to the multiclienters they would flood the market with OP weapons.

Now mind you, there are overpowered spellbooks of up to 50% SDI that go for stupid amounts of gold.
    But that is because they were hard to get, very hard! So hard,  that best I got was a 46%

To me, on a single account, amassing the cargo I managed too; meant all I did from the start of this arc
    is on the High Seas collecting cargo. But still have no where near the multiclienters.

So they nerfed it to oblivion and made it cost 180k to punish the multi clienters? 
    They punished us all! 

I have one account and can't be the only one. But have spent far more in the UO store over the years
    than I would have spent on having several accounts paid each month. 

If this is punishment for the multi clienters making the cargo worthless, then, well, just a good
    thing I liked actually doing the High Sea spawns.
    Grace said:
    After thinking about it, they likely came up with the conclusion that a blank one fully imbuable was too much. 
    And due to the multiclienters they would flood the market with OP weapons.

Now mind you, there are overpowered spellbooks of up to 50% SDI that go for stupid amounts of gold.
    But that is because they were hard to get, very hard! So hard,  that best I got was a 46%

To me, on a single account, amassing the cargo I managed too; meant all I did from the start of this arc
    is on the High Seas collecting cargo. But still have no where near the multiclienters.

So they nerfed it to oblivion and made it cost 180k to punish the multi clienters? 
    They punished us all! 

I have one account and can't be the only one. But have spent far more in the UO store over the years
    than I would have spent on having several accounts paid each month. 

If this is punishment for the multi clienters making the cargo worthless, then, well, just a good
    thing I liked actually doing the High Sea spawns.

You do know we can imbue already.  How is imbuing this weapon any different.  The only special thing about it is the graphic.  The graphic makes it op?
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:

It is also sad to see the Whips being a quite slow Weapon, 3.25s, and yet, coming with no Swing Speed Increase...

Furthermore, I think it is going to be hard to really take advantage of that 81% Hit Mana Leech property on the Whips, when hits will land so slowly on their Targets at that 3.25s speed ...

By the way, I always saw Whips as a pretty damn fast hitting weapon.... how come that in UO they are so slow as 3.25s ?

This is the perfect speed.  Try playing at different encounters with a Fencer.  They have fast weapons for WW.  You wont like the leechs.

Very easy to build a template to get this weapon to max speed.

edited June 2019
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:

This is the perfect speed.  Try playing at different encounters with a Fencer.  They have fast weapons for WW.  You wont like the leechs.

Very easy to build a template to get this weapon to max speed.

"Very easy to build a template to get this weapon to max speed."

Sure, but it would cost "modifiers" on a Suit which could be used instead for "other" modifiers if the Whip had come with a faster speed of its own....

Besides, as several players have already reported, a Weapon without Life Leech, is of what usefullness to a Warrior if I may ask ?

And this, especially since the Whip is a close range weapon meaning that the Warrior IS going to take damage from the fighting and with no Life Leech on the Weapon it is quite tough, especially against hard hitting Creatures, to stay up and alive to keep on fighting.......
    Dude if you are a warrior you want those modifiers on your suit.  A combination of Stamina and SSI will get this weapon to  a fast speed.  At that fast speed it will do more damage than a weapon that is lower damage at its max speed.

I already mentioned the negatives.  Read initial post.