The new Whips are useless

KHANKHAN Posts: 510
edited June 2019 in General Discussions
Well, I waited for the whips to come out as rewards, and now that they are here, THEY ARE USELESS!!!!! Who in the world thought it would be a good idea to put mods on them? ESPECIALLY spell channeling! The ONLY reason the whips were desirable to me, was so I could reforge them for 100% elemental damage, and then imbue them. Yet ANOTHER thing that was ok, and is NOW ruined. I can't believe I waited for this thinking they would be like the others.  @Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak Any chance y'all would add some plain ones with ZERO MODS??????????????
If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,118Dev
    Thank you for your feedback as always, will make sure to pass your thoughts on to the rest of the team!  
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited June 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Thank you for your feedback as always, will make sure to pass your thoughts on to the rest of the team!  
    Thanks for the reply. FYI, I edited my post to ask if y'all would add some PLAIN ones. So people can ACTUALLY use/imbue/reforge them.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    Maybe you could ask @MissE what properties were on the whips she found in Eodon Stash maps?

https://forums.uo.com/discussion/comment/28206/#Comment_28206
    Kyronix said:
    AWESOME, please do!
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 890
    I've only seen one whip on TC1, it was a brittle legendary someone had locked down at a house in luna.

I'd hope the "blank" whips you're asking for would be spawning as exceptional like the ones Krampus dropped.   

I'd actually like to see them spawn as exceptional with a chance at spawning as 100% of a random damage type.  so you don't end up reforging for it and throwing away 90% of them because they roll with % lower str requirements or % durability increase. wasting a mod spot and thus becoming useless.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Maybe you could ask @ MissE what properties were on the whips she found in Eodon Stash maps?

https://forums.uo.com/discussion/comment/28206/#Comment_28206
    Thanks! I was unaware that whips were in T-Chests.  I haven't tested ANYTHING on TC. Since a Dev made a comment to me, telling me that perhaps TC wan't t good place to spend my time, because I was critical of the farce of an "upgrade" to Treasure Chests. So I haven't even bothered to keep up with the reading, because it seems more likely, every day, that my remaining time in UO is dwindling. 
    CovenantX said:
    I've only seen one whip on TC1, it was a brittle legendary someone had locked down at a house in luna.

I'd hope the "blank" whips you're asking for would be spawning as exceptional like the ones Krampus dropped.   

I'd actually like to see them spawn as exceptional with a chance at spawning as 100% of a random damage type.  so you don't end up reforging for it and throwing away 90% of them because they roll with % lower str requirements or % durability increase. wasting a mod spot and thus becoming useless.

Right, When I heard the whips were coming as rewards, I had NO IDEA that they would be changed to something unusable. However when I asked @Kyronix for whips, I shoud have known better. After all, we asked for a simple loot upgrade to treasure chests, and look what we ended up with!
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    This thread is closed. There is nothing useful to be learned from this sort of disrespectful emotional outburst.
This discussion has been closed.