New Tmap proposals

15678911»

Comments

• Minerva_Foxglove said (and a lot of other users also basically said):
    I am very sure I needed way more than 16 tiles... :#
    C'mon, chin up!  B) Where's your sense of adventure? 16 tiles will be a challenge, and aren't the challenges part of the reason for playing UO in the first place?
    I expect it will be a matter of time before people start boasting that they take the additional guardian spawn within 15 tiles, 14, 13...  ;)
  • Lol note I didnt say ill quit ower it , no way!  I will try to solo as before just count on more deaths!
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Until I get a chance to try it on TC1 I'm thinking it will be like loading a canon. Click the load button and my character goes through the steps of cleaning and loading without further input from me. If I move him too far from the canon (off the boat) I have to start again. The higher the skill the quicker he gets it done. Without the 16 tiles limit its click the button, recall home for a beer and return when its finished.

Kyronix your a better and nicer man than me. I would have ended the announcement with "I and the team will not read any post dated before update is released on TC1." 
  • Lol note I didnt say ill quit ower it , no way!  I will try to solo as before just count on more deaths!
    Exactly! That's the spirit  :)
    And I'm confident nobody will quit, far from it.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    I don't understand why these creatures have no loot on them.

Sometimes I get the best loot on the mobs that spawn, plus collect barbed leather, etc.

What's the purpose of spawning creatures with no loot?  Just to be annoying?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited May 2019
    • If the player moves more than 16 tiles away from the chest or is killed during the disarming process, the process must be restarted.
    Not happy with this, I die a lot on higher level maps.

The disarming process will begin when a player uses Remove Trap on the chest.   Is this on all level maps now or just the two higher levels as discussed before??
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    From what people understand is that there will still be the normal spawn for the lvl of chest dug up so better kill it all before you try to open the chest because the special protectors will spawn to kill you, those are the only one with no loot.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I wasn't doing very well at visualising 16 tiles, then I realised it was the size of the chessboard in Nujelm.  Unless I zoom out in EC, one end to the other = off screen.
    • Magic Untrap will no longer work on Treasure Chests, Magic Unlock will work as it is currently implemented on TC1.
    Here another I feel is so wrong, no need to lock pick it just cast unlock and its open, what????!

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Drakelord said:
    • Magic Untrap will no longer work on Treasure Chests, Magic Unlock will work as it is currently implemented on TC1.
    Here another I feel is so wrong, no need to lock pick it just cast unlock and its open, what????!

As it is on TC.  Meaning, only on the first 3 levels of chests.  4s and 5s will need picked
    Drakelord said:

As it is on TC.  Meaning, only on the first 3 levels of chests.  4s and 5s will need picked
    and still require remove trap?  One of my favor tricks when doing high level maps solo is to mark a rune one screen off, recalling when the guardians pop, they follow, the fastest getting to meet the welcome wagon.  
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    There was a smallish patch this afternoon. The new remove trap and loot changes seem to be working on TC.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Please see the release 3 feedback thread, here

It will be open once the publish notes are live on UO.com
This discussion has been closed.